Negative Covid Test To Required By All Travelers To The US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
"All international airline passengers coming into the U.S. will be required by the government to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test result before taking flights to the country, a new report suggests.

"The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is slated to issue an order Tuesday, sources familiar with the matter told the Wall Street Journal. The order would probit anyone from flying into the country without a negative COVID-19 test result. The new regulation would go into effect on Jan. 26, sources told the Journal"

".The expected travel requirement, which could be announced Tuesday, comes amid a surge in COVID-19 cases following a more contagious strain of the new coronavirus originally discovered in the U.K. To thwart the spread, the Trump administration last month required all travelers flying out of the U.K. to show a negative test result before arriving in the states."

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
A key element to this is the following.....

"The CDC order for universal testing of passengers, including for U.S. citizens returning from abroad......"

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Says nothing about protocols for those who test positive.
My guess is they will not be allowed to fly and will then be
required to quarantine at their departure country for X amount
of days. This will work for some AI tourist but budget travelers
will be screwed.

Then they will have to test again prior to departure. What happens
if the test comes back "positive" the second go round?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Says nothing about protocols for those who test positive.
My guess is they will not be allowed to fly and will then be
required to quarantine at their departure country for X amount
of days. This will work for some AI tourist but budget travelers
will be screwed.

Budget travelers or whore mongers?
I believe the proper term would be short stay vacationers/holiday seekers.
Actually it would effect the AI tourist as well, because where are they supposed to obtain the testing while at the AI?
In the AI?

Reactions: RDKNIGHT

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Looks like all countries are introducing the same, will the tourists just not come?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
It's already been reported here that the DR is short on tests and there are delays in getting results. It's going to be at least an inconvenience for AI tourists to leave the resort and get tested. Maybe AI tourists will get VIP test treatment on the resort and the resort will pay for it(?).

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
It's already been reported here that the DR is short on tests and there are delays in getting results. It's going to be at least an inconvenience for AI tourists to leave the resort and get tested. Maybe AI tourists will get VIP test treatment on the resort and the resort will pay for it(?).

That's what I was thinking and another 4/5 million tests on top, not gonna happen I don't think

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
This is going to be tough on the weekend warriors who usually go to Sosua for 3-7 days. They were already notably absent last week on the beach with this new curfew.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
I understand where they are coming from but it just amounts to a slow death for tourism in DR sadly.....

In the short term it's bad news fr the DR but I think eventually you will just need to provide proof of vaccination when that is rolled out

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
This is going to be tough on the weekend warriors who usually go to Sosua for 3-7 days. They were already notably absent last week on the beach with this new curfew.
If they give you 72 hours, it might be possible to get tested before you leave the US and have the result still be valid when you return. Just have to shorten the trip tp 48 hours. This doesn't look like it will slow down covid in the US at all, however, the airlines should make some money with this plan. Consider it a small government bail out, paid for by the passengers.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
In the short term it's bad news fr the DR but I think eventually you will just need to provide proof of vaccination when that is rolled out

And how does a short stay tourist, say under 7 days, get tested and receive results for their return flights?
Do you even read what you post?

Reactions: PCMike

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Did you find the meaning of apartheid ?

I am very well aware of the definition of apartheid, because I witnessed it live with my own eyes during several assignments to South Africa when it was in full effect.
Can you explain how apartheid is relevant to the RD?
Can you explain how apartheid is relevant to this thread line?
Must you always attempt to derail every thread line with nonsensical dribble?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
yes DR tourism.. this started almost a year ago.. people in the beginning said this will be over in a few months...well now people are saying maybe in 2022, lets hope not.......
This almost certainly will continue into 2022. Vaccinations are rolling out slower than predicted.

Reactions: campesinadeatl
Status
Not open for further replies.