Does anyone use ATVs 4 wheelers or Side by Sides to drive around.

canuck1

Jun 22, 2009
I was just wondering if there are Expat using Atvs or Side By Sides type vehicles , Like a Polaris Ranger or RZR for local around trips or trail rides on the beach. And if so is it safe

kts78

Nov 29, 2007
We use a Honda Rancher 4x4 every day. Have had it for 2 years- perfect machine.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I was just wondering if there are Expat using Atvs or Side By Sides type vehicles , Like a Polaris Ranger or RZR for local around trips or trail rides on the beach. And if so is it safe
I do and love it, very common in LT to ride around town and its surrounding. I don't go on the beach and hate people that do so, tbh .

Very safe in my experience, unless you are trying to do one-wheeler, been riding for 7-8 years with kids in tow, never had any close call.

Yamaha Grizzly 350, but looking to buy a new one, a 500 or 600 though (probably another brand, looking around). I just wish I could import one, they are very pricey in DR compared to the US and Canada.

canuck1

Jun 22, 2009
I do and love it, very common in LT to ride around town and its surrounding. I don't go on the beach and hate people that do so, tbh .

Very safe in my experience, unless you are trying to do one-wheeler, been riding for 7-8 years with kids in tow, never had any close call.

Yamaha Grizzly 350, but looking to buy a new one, a 500 or 600 though (probably another brand, looking around). I just wish I could import one, they are very pricey in DR compared to the US and Canada.
My wife is Dominican But we both live in Canada I wonder if the same rule apply for atv as they do for cars and put it in her name

Reactions: Africaida

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
My wife is Dominican But we both live in Canada I wonder if the same rule apply for atv as they do for cars and put it in her name
You should really investigate if that s a possibility, many ATV in DR are in poor shape because they used to belong to rental agencies.

kts78

Nov 29, 2007
Brought ours from the states, paid for the matricula, but did not pay to put a plate on it- we never take it into the city

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
They rip through the streets of Jarabacoa at high speeds and even higher noises. If I was a violent person I would shoot the f--ckers.
I will remember that about you my man and choose my words 🤐 more carefully in our future debates‼️
🔫💣🧨🪓🪚🔪🗡️⚔️
Cause you never know what the future may hold.:ROFLMAO:⚰️

• Haha
Reactions: Caonabo

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
What mechanical or electronic device being sold in 🇩🇴 isn't pricey compared to 🇺🇲 or it's northern neighbor❓

Reactions: Africaida

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I will remember that about you my man and choose my words 🤐 more carefully in our future debates‼️
🔫💣🧨🪓🪚🔪🗡️⚔️
Thank god Bob's not a violent person.
I spent some time up there summer of 2014.
Understand his frustration.
When I first relocated to Santiago in 2015 the
streets were littered with them but that changed
shortly after A.Martinez took office.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Thank god Bob's not a violent person.
I will have to take your word for it. I have seen some high quality keyboard warrior skills so I still going to watch myself around him.
I spent some time up there summer of 2014.
Understand his frustration.
When I first relocated to Santiago in 2015 the
streets were littered with them but that changed
shortly after A.Martinez took office.
Answer to the noise problem is to go electric. I'm looking at the Polaris Ranger EV. Runs silent. A distinct advantage for my purposes ‼️

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I will have to take your word for it. I have seen some high quality keyboard warrior skills so I still going to watch myself around him.
Give the fella a break, he works with kids up in Jarabacoa.
He's probably having a much higher/ positive impact on this
country than you or I ever will.

Do you actually live down here or are you just another dreamer
watching guys like Bob and myself live the dream?

• Love

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Actually I disagree and you are in no position to make that statement with any factual basis. You are entitled to your opinion of me and I am not going to debate you about it.
You question calling me out about where I actually live is one that has been asked of me before many times and I have given other more than one opportunity to meet me in person. I will give you the same. I have sent you a private message.

Do you leave your keyboard to actually enjoy 🇩🇴 ❓
Because from what I see in your posts you could stand to enjoy "your dream" a bit more.:ROFLMAO:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Actually I disagree and you are in no position to make that statement with any factual basis. You are entitled to your opinion of me and I am not going to debate you about it.
You question calling me out about where I actually live is one that has been asked of me before many times and I have given other more than one opportunity to meet me in person. I will give you the same. I have sent you a private message.

Do you leave your keyboard to actually enjoy 🇩🇴 ❓
Because from what I see in your posts you could stand to enjoy "your dream" a bit more.:ROFLMAO:
I don't recall you saying whether or not you live here
and I'd being lying if I told you I cared.

• Love

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-

Do you actually live down here or are you just another dreamer
watching guys like Bob and myself live the dream?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
🔫💣🧨🪓🪚🔪🗡️⚔️

You remind me of a past member of the community at large who also had a large desire to debate each and every person.
As well, he also shared a fear of meeting together as a group in a public setting.

Reactions: ctrob and CristoRey