Will you accept the vaccine made available in the D.R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Are the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines for CV19 actually vaccines at all? Caution: The above people could be conspiracy theory lunatics.

Reactions: cavok and nanita

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
If I may politely ask a question..

Since you will be enjoying the Luxury of many other Guinea Pigs going before you .. Millions as you clearly stated above in fact ..

Where do you suppose those People will be physically , when are taking the Vaccine . ?

and do you not see how this is relevant to even your own Decision Process , from your own words .
Sure. They'll be all over the world, obviously. And yes, you are correct about my decision process.

Do you have an objection to trying to keep some sense of organization to the forums?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I think the issue is that it's a global problem, why not just rename the thread 'Will you accept the vaccine'?
I object.I'm not interested in weighing in on a vaccine that was given in India (perhaps in a dirty hovel) or facts that have large holes in it. A few pages back one poster said " we might never know the unerlying condition of the 10 that died" Exactly. Or any other information regarding the happenstance. And most importantly why discuss a vaccine that may never be available here (unless you're getting on a plane and going with the vaccine of your choosing? )

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I think a more sensible and helpful tread would be from posters that have met face to face with their doctor or a doctor and asks" Doc, which vaccine would you take and why?". Report here honestly with quality opinions and advise. There is at least an organiztion and some control over the information.

Reactions: JD Jones

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Sure. They'll be all over the world, obviously. And yes, you are correct about my decision process.

Do you have an objection to trying to keep some sense of organization to the forums?

No objection at all ..

perhaps the title of the thread confused me ..

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I think a more sensible and helpful tread would be from posters that have met face to face with their doctor or a doctor and asks" Doc, which vaccine would you take and why?". Report here honestly with quality opinions and advise. There is at least an organiztion and some control over the information.
I’ve spoken to several doctors in the past month, in the USA, and coincidentally every one of them has received the moderna vaccine. AFAIK, that one won’t be available in DR. My DIL is a critical care doc at a major hospital, and she’s pushing us to be vaccinated, her parents have been already. MR AE talks to his brothers in Santo Domingo frequently, and they and their families are getting whatever vaccine they can get.

Reactions: drstock and johne

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I’ve spoken to several doctors in the past month, in the USA, and coincidentally every one of them has received the moderna vaccine. AFAIK, that one won’t be available in DR. My DIL is a critical care doc at a major hospital, and she’s pushing us to be vaccinated, her parents have been already. MR AE talks to his brothers in Santo Domingo frequently, and they and their families are getting whatever vaccine they can get.
I did also face to face and he answered (For both Pfizer and Moderna) they both have been reviwed heavily by the medical profession, and I would take either one. I then had the opportunity to take Moderna.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I missed who said it (and can't find it now) but I just got a popup on my screen that the vaccine will be available here before the end of January.
Take that with a grain of salt. It was a ListinDiario popup but I can't find it on their homepage.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
It just occurred to me when thinking about the adverse reaction to the vaccine: Is anybody here really thinking
of having the vaccine without a pre-vistit to their doctor and a quick review of their medical history? If so, each time you went to a doctor and you signed the privacy statement and family medical history form were you truthful?
So then, wouldn't you think/suppose/maybe the people that had the adverse reactions should of/could of have avoided the bad situation by having their doctor that knowing the chemical compounds of the vaccine avoided this problem in advance?

Reactions: Caonabo

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
To date, the Dominican State has signed two agreements to purchase two types of vaccines that have been approved by international health organizations to combat COVID-19. In total, the country will purchase 17.5 million vaccines to apply to the population. Of this amount, 10 million correspond to AstraZeneca, named AZT1222, which is developed by the University of Oxford, and 7.9 million doses of the named AZT1222, manufactured by the Pfizer and BioNTech laboratories. The Oxford vaccine will reach a population of 5 million citizens, and the AstraZeneca vaccine will impact more than three million, at the rate of two doses each. The AstraZeneca vaccine, named AZT1222, is developed by the University of Oxford. It is about 10 million doses that the State has reserved, so that two doses per person are applied, which means that 5 million Dominicans will have access to this vaccine, ”the Presidency of the Republic published on its Twitter account. https://listindiario.com/la-republi...l-covid-para-mas-de-8-millones-de-dominicanos

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
It just occurred to me when thinking about the adverse reaction to the vaccine: Is anybody here really thinking
of having the vaccine without a pre-vistit to their doctor and a quick review of their medical history? If so, each time you went to a doctor and you signed the privacy statement and family medical history form were you truthful?

So then, wouldn't you think/suppose/maybe the people that had the adverse reactions should of/could of have avoided the bad situation by having their doctor that knowing the chemical compounds of the vaccine avoided this problem in advance?

You have been a member of this community for a while.
You should already have the answers to your own questions.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
LOL. Claro, but I can confirm my thoughts...can't I?

Well of course you can, I am not affiliated with those who attempt to take person's rights away.
Quite the opposite in fact. Life is short, live it to the best of your ability, and how YOU so choose.

Reactions: Russell and johne

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
While most people probably will not be able to choose which vaccine they receive here, I am encouraged that the President has apparently announced that the vaccination will be free or charge. I can only hope that they make it very easy to get in the hopes that most of the population will take advantage of the offering. Supposed to start in a few weeks.

While not the panacea we all hoped for months ago, it has to be better than nothing for the majority who are not likely to have an adverse reaction.

Reactions: drstock

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
While most people probably will not be able to choose which vaccine they receive here, I am encouraged that the President has apparently announced that the vaccination will be free or charge. I can only hope that they make it very easy to get in the hopes that most of the population will take advantage of the offering. Supposed to start in a few weeks.

While not the panacea we all hoped for months ago, it has to be better than nothing for the majority who are not likely to have an adverse reaction.

I hope they set up an abundance of vaccination locations. Anything with "Free" attached to it will draw huge lines.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I hope they set up an abundance of vaccination locations. Anything with "Free" attached to it will draw huge lines.
One person's opinion I got on that last night was " Free or no free, I don't trust this government and I'm not going to take it."

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
One person's opinion I got on that last night was " Free or no free, I don't trust this government and I'm not going to take it."
My neighbors are divided almost equally. It will be interesting to watch when the vaccine arrives "in the coming weeks" as the president said yesterday.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Maybe it would have been a good idea to charge like a 100 pesos. Reasoning be..."IF it's free in the DR how good can it be?"

• Haha
Reactions: JD Jones
Status
Not open for further replies.