Illegal immigrants and government actions

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I am sure this is nothing at all, but who knows.

This is perhaps a very significant step in dealing with people who overstay and live here illegally. Read it all and not just the headline.

Migration will fine those who give work to illegal immigrants in the country

https://noticiassin.com/migracion-multa … n-el-pais/

The General Directorate of Migration will fine all people who give work to illegal residents in the country.

According to our correspondent Pavel Arias, the institution will also seize vehicles used to transport undocumented immigrants.

The warning was made by the Director General of Migration, Enrique García.

García pointed out that people who rent houses to illegals will be fined, as well as those who hire illegals to carry out work, as established by law 285 that regulates migration in the country.

It also indicated that all vehicles without distinction whose owners are caught in this practice will be seized by the agency's staff.

The official cited among them buses, vans, cars and engines, which he said are very common to use for the illegal trafficking of foreigners.

He said that anyone who violates the immigration law should know the sanctions that are exposed when providing some type of vehicle to bring or move illegal immigrants to the Dominican Republic.

García said that this work is carried out every day throughout the country with the collaboration of the Armed Forces, the National Police and other official agencies.

It is specified that there are thousands of foreigners of all nationalities who have been detained and returned to their country, for remaining irregularly in the Dominican Republic.

He announced that in the coming days the operation will be extended to Puerto Plata, Samaná and other tourist places, where many foreigners reside to verify if they are legal in the country.

Enrique García said that this operation will cover the entire national territory, to detect illegal immigrants and that anyone who does not have their documents in order will have to face the corresponding sanctions.

This is perhaps a very significant step in dealing with people who overstay and live here illegally. Read it all and not just the headline.

Migration will fine those who give work to illegal immigrants in the country

https://noticiassin.com/migracion-multa … n-el-pais/

The General Directorate of Migration will fine all people who give work to illegal residents in the country.

According to our correspondent Pavel Arias, the institution will also seize vehicles used to transport undocumented immigrants.

The warning was made by the Director General of Migration, Enrique García.

García pointed out that people who rent houses to illegals will be fined, as well as those who hire illegals to carry out work, as established by law 285 that regulates migration in the country.

It also indicated that all vehicles without distinction whose owners are caught in this practice will be seized by the agency's staff.

The official cited among them buses, vans, cars and engines, which he said are very common to use for the illegal trafficking of foreigners.

He said that anyone who violates the immigration law should know the sanctions that are exposed when providing some type of vehicle to bring or move illegal immigrants to the Dominican Republic.

García said that this work is carried out every day throughout the country with the collaboration of the Armed Forces, the National Police and other official agencies.

It is specified that there are thousands of foreigners of all nationalities who have been detained and returned to their country, for remaining irregularly in the Dominican Republic.

He announced that in the coming days the operation will be extended to Puerto Plata, Samaná and other tourist places, where many foreigners reside to verify if they are legal in the country.

Enrique García said that this operation will cover the entire national territory, to detect illegal immigrants and that anyone who does not have their documents in order will have to face the corresponding sanctions.

Migración multará a quienes den trabajo a ilegales en el país

Migración multará a quienes den trabajo a ilegales en el país​

Noticias SIN
La Dirección General de Migración multará todas las personas que den trabajo a los ilegales residentes en el país.

Reactions: campesinadeatl

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
1611031150971.png

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Combine this with the new overstay fees .... and you might see a picture
120 days is the max overstay.... see bottom rates
================================

SERVICE DESCRIPTION
Authorize foreigners interested in prolonging their stay in the Dominican Republic for more than 30, through an extension that can be extended up to 120 days.

TO WHOM THIS SERVICE IS INTENDED
To all foreigners who wish to extend their stay in the Dom. Rep. For more than 30 days established for tourists.
DEPARMENT
User support section.
CONTACT INFO
Dirección: Autopista 30 de Mayo, Esquina Héroes De Luperon, Santo Domingo República Dominicana
Teléfono: 809-508-2555 Ext. 5689/7011
Email: info@migracion.gob.do

REQUIREMENTS
Copy of the passport page where the biometric data is.
Stamp of the date of the last entry to the country.
Return boarding pass.

PROCEDURE TO FOLLOW
1- The user makes the extension request through the web portal and uploads the required documents.

2- The responsible staff receives the application online and debug the documents supplied by the user.

3- The request for extension of stay by the corresponding staff is approved.

4- An email is sent to the user informing about the status of their request.

5- The user makes the payment of stay online or at the airport.

Hours of service
LV | 8:00 am - 4:00 pm

Fees
The service request is free . The user will only pay the current rate according to the requested extension days.

30 to 90 days – $ 2,500

90 to 120 days – $ 4,000.

Processing time
3 working days

Service channel
Online: Making requests, taxes payment and emission of the extension document.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes, This again. Is it not a "favorite topic"? The PRD government promised to execute the immigration laws as they wrote them in 2003.

Here is another news article on this point:

Abinader reaffirms his commitment to comply with the Migration Law (by letter Gabriela Hungary Santo Domingo),

RD President Luis Abinader said that during the first months of his mandate deportations have been regulated and that they will continue to do so. “We assumed the government in August and since February of this year there were no deportations in the country and we have been regulating that much more since we came to the government and we will continue to do so, so it is clear to the country that we are going to Comply with the Migration Law, ”said the president when asked about the issue of undocumented immigrants in the country. He added that progress has not only been on the issue of complying with the Migration Law in the country, but also with the government of Haiti, 'Both they in Haiti and we here on other issues, we are the ones who have to control our country.' Among his aspirations as ruler, Abinader affirms that the Haitian government also has its share of responsibility, that they must be the first to control the emigration of Haitians to the Dominican Republic. “We are in a special moment with this pandemic, but we are making a lot of progress not only on the issue of complying with the Migration law in the country, but also with the government of Haiti, both they in Haiti and we here on other issues, we are Those of us who have to control our country ”. He concluded by saying that they are working on that and reaffirmed that he will comply with the Migration Law 'to the full.' These statements were offered by the president when he participated in a meeting with the press where he announced the incorporation of all police officers to the Premium service of the National Health Service (Senasa).

Of course there are those who will state that this is just about Haitians and nobody else. We may finally see this about that.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Resistance is futile, You will be Assimilated !

In all honesty, as stated many times, it does not cause me any personal angst. I actually find it to be quite humourous, so I play along.
The ongoing and continuing diatribe has more plays than Voy Pa'llá.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
These statements were offered by the president when he participated in a meeting with the press where he announced the incorporation of all policemen to the Premium service of the National Health Service (Senasa).

What exactly does this mean?
Police are now the enforcers
for the N.H.S. (Senasa) ???

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
These statements were offered by the president when he participated in a meeting with the press where he announced the incorporation of all policemen to the Premium service of the National Health Service (Senasa).

My patience is beginning to wear thin with King Luis.
He's starting to listen too much to his "advisors" and not following his own convictions.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Senasa is the government insurance carrier. They have various levels of coverage and Abinadar added the police to the Premium level.
Coincidentally I picked up the "basic" level today at the Puerto Plata Senasa office which all DR citizens can have just for the asking. It has zero to do with enforcing any laws of any kind. The police just have the Premium level of Health Insurance with Senasa.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
My patience is beginning to wear thin with King Luis.
He's starting to listen too much to his "advisors" and not following his own convictions.
Why would your patience wear thin with Abinader giving health insurance to the police? When he was inaugurated he had his people state that the new government would enforce the immigration laws as written, or did you miss that?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Why would your patience wear thin with Abinader giving health insurance to the police? When he was inaugurated he had his people state that the new government would enforce the immigration laws as written, or did you miss that?

I never said my patience was wearing thin with him due to giving health insurance to the police.
I did say, my patience is wearing thin with him because he is currently listening too much to his "advisors" and not following his own convictions.
For the record, the PN have health insurance.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Senasa is the government insurance carrier. They have various levels of coverage and Abinadar added the police to the Premium level.
Coincidentally I picked up the "basic" level today at the Puerto Plata Senasa office which all DR citizens can have just for the asking. It has zero to do with enforcing any laws of any kind. The police just have the Premium level of Health Insurance with Senasa.

So basically, your citizenship here within RD allowed you to become eligible for a government sponsored health plan.
Sort of like welfare/medicare in your home nation?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So basically, your citizenship here within RD allowed you to become eligible for a government sponsored health plan.
Sort of like welfare/medicare in your home nation?
Correct but far less comprehensive at the free basic level Senasa offers. I won't be giving up my private insurance here any time soon. The police will have considerably better coverage than the basic free plan any citizen can get.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I never said my patience was wearing thin with him due to giving health insurance to the police.
I did say, my patience is wearing thin with him because he is currently listening too much to his "advisors" and not following his own convictions.
For the record, the PN have health insurance.
Understood. I would repeat that the administration said they would enforce the immigration laws they wrote in 2003 that the PLD ignored for 16 years. The PLD came up with the exit fees for overstays which have zero basis in immigration laws. Notice those long term overstay exit fees are gone from the Migracion web site. 120 days is the maximum. Notice the news posted in this thread above. Yes, I know, carry on and nothing will change ever. Or maybe it will change and maybe those changes will be part of his convictions? Enforcing the laws? What am I thinking?

Now the police might have better health insurance than they did have, or I cannot imagine why it was mentioned.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Understood. I would repeat that the administration said they would enforce the immigration laws they wrote in 2003 that the PLD ignored for 16 years. The PLD came up with the exit fees for overstays which have zero basis in immigration laws. Notice those long term overstay exit fees are gone from the Migracion web site. 120 days is the maximum.

Now the police might have better health insurance than they did have, or I cannot imagine why it was mentioned.

But alas, they are still in the airports, and people are paying each and every day.

HarpB

Aug 31, 2012
I am lost in the conversation as usual? If it is not your country and your a guest whether a resident or not I would suggest your involvement in politics would be limited? However I have noted over the years very critical comments always?