Penalty Fees for Violators of Employing and Housing Illegal Immigrants

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Yes, the natives would also say that,

The rest of the world has and would use the R word. Immigration laws should be enforced as written and equally on all nationalities, should it not?

Yes they should, but here they are not. It's not a question of skin color it's a question of $. If you have $ and you come here and spend it and keep your nose clean, they don't have a problem with you. That could change, I know.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The new Govt has said from the beginning that it would be enforcing the immigration rules as written and passed. What does this mean for overstaying foreign tourists? Hard to say. I guess it will depend on where the Govt goes to look for people in the country illegally? If they visit bars, restaurants and stores they could sweep up many. If they stick to enforcement stops on the roads they may get a few. In the end we will have to wait and see what all this bravado turns out to be when they put it into in practice.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The new Govt has said from the beginning that it would be enforcing the immigration rules as written and passed. What does this mean for overstaying foreign tourists? Hard to say. I guess it will depend on where the Govt goes to look for people in the country illegally? If they visit bars, restaurants and stores they could sweep up many. If they stick to enforcement stops on the roads they may get a few. In the end we will have to wait and see what all this bravado turns out to be when they put it into in practice.
Oh boy.
Another "who's overstayed and who went through the tedious
process to get legal residency" thread. I expect the usual cast of
characters to start their bickering by the days end.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
We cannot talk about Race on DR1. That R word. Would it not be racist to only employ immigration laws against one group of people and not all nationalities equally?
Yes, but it is done all the time. And many countries including my country of origin. Last time I checked the 🇩🇴 of the DR is allowed to make their laws and apply them as they see fit. Are they not❓

Reactions: AlaPlaya

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I am guessing, reading between the lines, that this is about Haitians, whatever they may say. A while ago they had the "Regularization" process, which was supposed to resolve the problem for those who were here working and behaving well. However, in many cases this has been a failure and I can give two examples.

I helped my gardener obtain Regularization. It was a very tedious and expensive process but we got there in the end. He received a visa stamp on his passport and in time was supposed to get a Cedula. This never happened and now his Regularization visa has expired. He has payed someone to help him get a cedula but this seems to be going nowhere.

Another Haitian I know actually received his cedula after Regularization. He said it cost him 28,000 pesos, which sounds about right. A couple of months ago his bank stopped accepting it as ID, saying the cedula had been cancelled. He had not had any trouble with the police so there was no reason for the cedula to be cancelled. I suggested he went to the Immigration office to find out what had happened but he didn't want to go in case he was arrested and deported. Now he has been picked up in the street and has, indeed, been deported.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
People often confuse racism with bigotry and/or prejudice. Three distinctly different concepts which, despite some similarities, are not interchangeable.
Regardless of any perceived confusion, race is not to be discussed on DR1. No confusion on that ‼️
So you go ahead and argue that your are discussing bigotry and/or prejudice. And let the moderators decide. 🤣

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
When I first moved here, Hooters was a favorite hang out spot where I met friends and watched sports. All the servers were Dominican.
Now, many years later ALL the servers are from other countries. Are they legal or not❓I do not know. But I do know those are jobs Dominicans do not have.
There is an entire set of interests out there that have nothing to do with the issues that are often discussed in DR1.
So, a single mother who wants to work but cannot get a job because a girl from another country is willing to keel before her Dominican boss to keep him happy, what is she to do❓
Maybe, just maybe the 🇩🇴 GOV want to do something about that.
Now, I do not know, because I do not have all the inside information and insights that others posting up in here are claiming to have.

Reactions: Caonabo

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I am guessing, reading between the lines, that this is about Haitians, whatever they may say. A while ago they had the "Regularization" process, which was supposed to resolve the problem for those who were here working and behaving well. However, in many cases this has been a failure and I can give two examples.

I helped my gardener obtain Regularization. It was a very tedious and expensive process but we got there in the end. He received a visa stamp on his passport and in time was supposed to get a Cedula. This never happened and now his Regularization visa has expired. He has payed someone to help him get a cedula but this seems to be going nowhere.

Another Haitian I know actually received his cedula after Regularization. He said it cost him 28,000 pesos, which sounds about right. A couple of months ago his bank stopped accepting it as ID, saying the cedula had been cancelled. He had not had any trouble with the police so there was no reason for the cedula to be cancelled. I suggested he went to the Immigration office to find out what had happened but he didn't want to go in case he was arrested and deported. Now he has been picked up in the street and has, indeed, been deported.
They have been stopping haitians in front of my house almost every day for the past two weeks and asking for ID or papers. I haven't seen any arrested yet. My cameras capture everything. Considering Haitians are about 95 percent of the illegals and pretty easy to spot, they will be the most logical targets. My wife was renting to a Venezuelan couple but they moved. They have the advantage for speaking spanish and could pass for Dominicans, at least in Jarabacoa.

Reactions: CristoRey

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
No, it would not be racist. It might be discriminatory, but it would not be racist.
Wrong‼️See below⬇️
We cannot talk about Race on DR1. That R word. Would it not be racist to only employ immigration laws against one group of people and not all nationalities equally?
Racist (adj): prejudiced against or antagonistic towards a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.
Discriminatory (adj): making or showing an unfair or prejudicial distinction between different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

It might not be racist if it was only applied to violators of laws (a different category of people).
It would be clearly racist if applied only to a certain "nationality".
For clarity if you do not believe that "nationality" is not part of ethnic then look of the definition of ethnic.

Words have meaning‼️

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Are you inferring that Haitianos are a drain on the economy ?
Well if you consider all the hard work that I see them putting in on behalf of those who live in 🇩🇴 ...I personally would find it difficult to paint everyone from 🇭🇹 with that particular paint brush.

Reactions: drstock