Illegal immigrants and government actions

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Senasa is the government insurance carrier. They have various levels of coverage and Abinadar added the police to the Premium level.
Coincidentally I picked up the "basic" level today at the Puerto Plata Senasa office which all DR citizens can have just for the asking. It has zero to do with enforcing any laws of any kind. The police just have the Premium level of Health Insurance with Senasa.

I read it in Spanish. Translated to English yet completely misunderstood
what I read. Thanks for clarifying.

Reactions: windeguy

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I do not think I have ever met an American citizen who was happy to become eligible for welfare/medicaid in a foreign nation.
I guess we never met, eh?

Or you never met anyone that went almost anywhere else in the world and became legal and then eligible for "free medical" care.
Like the UK, Sweden, EU, etc, etc, etc. They say such plans really take the weight off the shoulders of the populace. I wouldn't know because I never had that and still don't.

Granted the basic SENASA plan isn't much and I will keep paying for both US and DR plans as I see fit.

Any big busses with Migracion painted on them sighted yet?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I am lost in the conversation as usual? If it is not your country and your a guest whether a resident or not I would suggest your involvement in politics would be limited? However I have noted over the years very critical comments always?
You are correct that non-citizens can indeed face problems in the DR if they try to involve themselves in government issues.
I have no idea what those limits are or what could happen. For me, that is not of any concern since I am a DR citizen.

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
I guess we never met, eh?

Or you never met anyone that went almost anywhere else in the world and became legal and then eligible for "free medical" care.
Like the UK, Sweden, EU, etc, etc, etc. They say such plans really take the weight off the shoulders of the populace. I wouldn't know because I never had that and still don't.

Granted the basic SENASA plan isn't much and I will keep paying for both US and DR plans as I see fit.

Any big busses with Migracion painted on them sighted yet?
Saw a bus in Puerto Plata today. It was marked DGM. They were loading a few Hatians. Just sayin....

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
And now everyone has his paradigm and from that you can better understand his line of reasoning and commentary.
Knowledge is power. Reading what the news says, looking at government web sites and seeing what the plans are provides insight into what might happen. Emphasis on the "might" happen.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Been more than a year since I have seen one in the Sosua area. That one was rounding up Hatians in Maranatha. I don't expect to see one in Cabarete any time soon.
The government mentioned going to all areas along the north coast, and not just once. The last government was not keen on law enforcement of immigration laws at the end of their long stay in power.

There are plenty, and I mean plenty, of people to round up in Cabarete.

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
Migración: get in the bus
Undocumented: first I demand to speak with my embassy
Migración: they are closed due to COVID-19
Undocumented: we must wait till they open again
Migración: get in the bus
Undocumented: ok how much?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The government mentioned going to all areas along the north coast, and not just once. The last government was not keen on law enforcement of immigration laws at the end of their long stay in power.

There are plenty, and I mean plenty, of people to round up in Cabarete.
I rember the last time they did. I also remember the Minister of Tourism giving a formal apology afterwards. Good stuff.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Combine this with the new overstay fees .... and you might see a picture
120 days is the max overstay.... see bottom rates
================================
120 days is the maximum overstay? Says who? Sounds like BS to me. Post the link.
If they have done away with the overstay fee chart
that has been copied and pasted to the forum dozens of times we would like to
see proof.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
This week they introduced a new scheme for illegal Venezuelans to register. They need to register within the next 30 days and it will give them 60 extra days in DR to sort out their status. Seems that they are about to have a big purge on immigration.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
120 days is the maximum overstay? Says who? Sounds like BS to me. Post the link.
If they have done away with the overstay fee chart
that has been copied and pasted to the forum dozens of times we would like to
see proof.
Please go to the Migracion web site and find the overstay fee chart.
After you have given up because that fee schedule is no longer on the Migracion web site, continue reading.
(Note well: Many will correctly point out that the hard copy of the form still exists
in tattered copy form at the airports, after all they have to do something for those who stayed for
years and happen to leave. This is about people that enter now and the new procedures. )

Now that we have settled that the long term exit fees schedule (where one could stay forever and ever) is no longer on the Migracion web site,
please go here to see how you can apply to extend a tourist card to a maximum of 120 days as I just copied below;

SERVICE DESCRIPTION​

Authorize foreigners interested in prolonging their stay in the Dominican Republic for more than 30, through an extension that can be extended up to 120 days.

TO WHOM THIS SERVICE IS INTENDED​

To all foreigners who wish to extend their stay in the Dom. Rep. For more than 30 days established for tourists.

DEPARMENT​

User support section.

CONTACT INFO​

Dirección: Autopista 30 de Mayo, Esquina Héroes De Luperon, Santo Domingo República Dominicana
Teléfono: 809-508-2555 Ext. 5689/7011
Email: info@migracion.gob.do

REQUIREMENTS​

• Copy of the passport page where the biometric data is.
  • Stamp of the date of the last entry to the country.
  • Return boarding pass.

PROCEDURE TO FOLLOW​

1- The user makes the extension request through the web portal and uploads the required documents.
2- The responsible staff receives the application online and debug the documents supplied by the user.
3- The request for extension of stay by the corresponding staff is approved.
4- An email is sent to the user informing about the status of their request.
5- The user makes the payment of stay online or at the airport.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hard to believe? There it is in black and white. Hard to dispute, eh?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This week they introduced a new scheme for illegal Venezuelans to register. They need to register within the next 30 days and it will give them 60 extra days in DR to sort out their status. Seems that they are about to have a big purge on immigration.

Regarding this:
How are Venezuelans going to get a valid copy of a clear police report record from Venezuela?
I see that as being a big challenge to their becoming "regularized"? Will they just deport them if not possible?

At least now we have a situation identified for Venezuelans and we can see how that plays out.

Now back to the Haitians/Snowbirds....