Illegal immigrants and government actions

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
But you are legally able to extend your stay to 120 days on a tourist card, takes about 60 seconds to do online. I really don't understand why anyone wouldn't do this. You then get a certificate from Migracion to show you are legally here.
That is a relatively new process for the 120 day stay request on line. That came on line when they removed the "infinite overstay fee schedule calculator"from the Migracion web site.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I am also passionate about illegals in my home country, but this is DR1, lets keep it local and not head off to Timbuktu or even Mali.
You are the one that called the run misdirection play.
Because my defensive coordinator is stuntin and blizing leaving your quarterback on his hind parts every time he drops back to pass.
You brought up Las Vegas. So come back home here to the 🇩🇴
I am right here in the 🇩🇴
You are still unhappy because I simply do not agree with your point of view and you cannot understand why.
The immigration laws are NOT being enforced as written at this very moment.
You are unhappy about it.
I do not care that you are unhappy.
I cannot predict what will happen in the future and neither can you.
You can only repeat what you have said over and over again.

I retire.
Game, set, and Match to Mr. Windeguy‼️

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I always find it interesting how so many on this board feel this sense of entitlement to live here without any legal status and utter indignation at the thought that the authorities may require all foreigners to have a visa at some point.
Anyone who does not like the immigration rule of the 🇩🇴 is free to move about the world with their hard currency 💵💴💶💷💰.
There is no denying that rules are changing.
But I find it interesting that the few, the proud, the stubborn refuse to accept the truth of a situation when you put it in their eyeholes.👁️

Reactions: AlaPlaya

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I overstayed twice last year, once for 95 days and most recently for 60 days. The immigration clerk didn't blink upon entry on the most recent trip. We'll see what the future entails. It's better to be legal as it's a gamble otherwise and exposes you to legal and monetary consequences. A friend of mine just returned a month ago after overstaying for two years. No issues upon entry other than a vigorous inspection from customs.

His take on the issue is he'll just take his money to Colombia if the Dom Rep doesn't want him. Life is a risk...
Will you define 'overstay'?
beyond 30 days or beyond the 120 days?

and your friend (Colombia) is part of a big club....
one nobody pays any attention to..... whether they meet in Colombia or here

Please slap my face if I am ever so arrogant as to think the gov't will care if I stay or not.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
No, but the DR can choose who it decides it wants to come and live here as a migrant, just as every other country does. And clearly they aren't going to want a whole load more poor people to come and live here, there are quite enough poor people in the country as it is. So unless you have a few assets to show, I would presume it will get harder and harder to come and live here as they get more organised.

I always find it interesting how so many on this board feel this sense of entitlement to live here without any legal status and utter indignation at the thought that the authorities may require all foreigners to have a visa at some point.

Paul, I don't think it's a sense of entitlement as much as a wish that thing were simpler for official Residence. There is absolutely nothing that could not be done on line, in Spanish, English, Russian, German, etc.

All they would need to to is hire a web team dedicated to secure web service and it could be done in 6 months. Why they don't is beyond me.

• Love
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
It is a simple battle.
Those who have run the residency gauntlet verses those who have not. Those who have run the gauntlet have a real axe to grind.🪓
I will just keep repeating myself also.
The currently the immigration laws are NOT being enforced as written.
What does the future hold ❓
Who is predicting the future about this❓
Let us read on‼️

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You are the one that called the run misdirection play.
Because my defensive coordinator is stuntin and blizing leaving your quarterback on his hind parts every time he drops back to pass.
You brought up Las Vegas. So come back home here to the 🇩🇴
I am right here in the 🇩🇴
You are still unhappy because I simply do not agree with your point of view and you cannot understand why.
The immigration laws are NOT being enforced as written at this very moment.
You are unhappy about it.
I do not care that you are unhappy.
I cannot predict what will happen in the future and neither can you.
You can only repeat what you have said over and over again.

I retire.
Game, set, and Match to Mr. Windeguy‼️
I don't care that you don't agree with me. I could care less about anyone who disagrees with me on a web forum.

I am far too old to suffer fools any longer. As in my dislike for gambling, I have never watched a professional football game in its entirety.
Baseball is my game. Softball, tennis and racquetball as well back in the day.

I await what happens with the big green buses over the next few months. Hopefully the PRM does not disappoint.
My wife voted for them. (Do a google search for "Salute The Marines", it is off topic but hilarious.)

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
The immigration laws in the 🇩🇴 are not being enforced as they are written right now ‼️
There are at least two example that have been presented right here in this thread by posters to DR1.
Do I know what is going to happen in the future❓
Do you❓

Off topic but very funny - Do a search on youtube for: "The Wire - Are you happy now..."

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
But if you don't own a house and a car and can't provide a bank reference, should the DR want you to come? No chance of getting into most other countries if you haven't got any money, I don't see why the DR should be any different.
If only that were the truth the world would be such a nicer place to live.
Where should I start?
I don't want to spend all of my afternoon on it so I'll keep it short.
Mexicans coming into America flat broke.? Bienvenidos.
Africans flooding the into the E.U.? Willkommen (dankeschön Merkel)
Ukrainians going to Hungary? Üdvözöljük.
Often with nothing but the clothes on their back.
(a little off-topic but necessary)

Lose the elitist attitude TP, it's not a good look for ya.

• Haha

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
No, but the DR can choose who it decides it wants to come and live here as a migrant, just as every other country does. And clearly they aren't going to want a whole load more poor people to come and live here, there are quite enough poor people in the country as it is. So unless you have a few assets to show, I would presume it will get harder and harder to come and live here as they get more organised.

What did you find interesting that the gov allowed this thinking, endorsed this thinking, even broke there own laws for this thinking? Which part is interesting the most that they created pirates of the Caribbean as per windy..

pokerplayer

Mar 22, 2020
Will you define 'overstay'?
beyond 30 days or beyond the 120 days?

and your friend (Colombia) is part of a big club....
one nobody pays any attention to..... whether they meet in Colombia or here

Please slap my face if I am ever so arrogant as to think the gov't will care if I stay or not.
The first "overstay" was for 90 days total and the second was for 60 days. Both less than 120. My friend is kind of a doofus as I'm not sure the Colombian government would look kindly on a 2 year illegal overstay. Talk is cheap.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
In fact—- you were still within the 120 day mark...

That offense is and perhaps will always be allowed.... it’s written down and accepted

It’s the ‘squatters’ that draw attention... or MAY draw attention in the future

As has been said too many times....
the non All-In visitors are such an insignificant number.... they may, just may, fly under the radar

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
If only that were the truth the world would be such a nicer place to live.
Where should I start?
I don't want to spend all of my afternoon on it so I'll keep it short.
Mexicans coming into America flat broke.? Bienvenidos.
Africans flooding the into the E.U.? Willkommen (dankeschön Merkel)
Ukrainians going to Hungary? Üdvözöljük.
Often with nothing but the clothes on their back.
(a little off-topic but necessary)

Lose the elitist attitude TP, it's not a good look for ya.

Well, to be fair, we are talking about 2 different types of immigration.

The West is more than happy to take in poor souls that will work for a misery, one that the natives would turn their nose at.

The equivalent in the DR would be the haitians.

Expats typically don't come over to the DR to work.
The process should not be the same.
In switzerland a dominican that wants to immigrate for economic reasons will have different " requisitos " than a russian that wants to settle down in a 30 million $ lakeside mansion in the mountains.

Reactions: Africaida

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Well, to be fair, we are talking about 2 different types of immigration.

The West is more than happy to take in poor souls that will work for a misery, one that the natives would turn their nose at.

The equivalent in the DR would be the haitians.

Expats typically don't come over to the DR to work.
The process should not be the same.
In switzerland a dominican that wants to immigrate for economic reasons will have different " requisitos " than a russian that wants to settle down in a 30 million $ lakeside mansion in the mountains.

With 30 millions, you can pretty much settle legally wherever you want. :)

In any case, several countries are now offering to digital nomads special visas. I hope the DR takes a cue from this because, here in LT, many families, American and Canadians mostly, are settling sight unseen for extended stay.

Should DR become harder to do that, people would look elsewhere easier.

They may be insignificant compared to thr AI crowd, but I don t think they should be neglected given the state of worldwide tourism at the moment (and most likely for the next few years).

Just my 2 cents.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
The "I am a resident/citizen" crew does not want to look at the big picture.
They are as group a bunch of hammer (heads) who see the situation as a nail. 🔨

If you are not a resident they want you penalized. "Throw the bums out", they shout from their roof tops. And when no one can hear them because dembow is drowning their cries for justice out...they come off their roofs and start banging on their keyboards. (Ouch)❗

Looking at the bigger picture is not within their ability. So, the idea that you might want to treat people who are contributing to the economy differently than those who are not never enters their minds. It is a good thing they are not in power. Because I have yet to read an article or see a news stories where Dominican politician is denouncing all of the people here illegally from North America or the EU.

Because right here and right now I am throwing the gauntlet down and challenge the "I am a resident/citizen" crew to post one here ‼️
Where is the beef❓Not WAGS from their crystal balls about the future.

Your serve🎾

Reactions: Gadfly

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
No doubt.
This country is changing.
Some things aren't changing. I left the DR via POP airport yesterday after a three month stay. I was directed to the far left booth in immigration,the young man took my printed e-ticket form and passport,told me I owed 4000 pesos (the correct amount),I gave him the 4000 then he quite boldly told me "this is for me" and rolled the pesos up in the e-ticket form and put it in his pocket.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
'Frica
I wouldn't think 'neglected' is quite right....
but their significance doesn't deserve the attention on a personal - one on one - basis
Other problems out weigh these

Yes, they're human, yes they are 'underserved' but that is their lot in life - this life -
'feel free to move on - if it suits them - choose another place

Aren't we all a bit tired of the
If you don't treat me better - I'll leave ....

I am

Want to be treated right?
then act like it.....fall in line with the rest - the majority- of the people

Do minorities get a good deal? NEVER, from my experience

Best way to get along is to join.......

Where's the beef !!?

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
His take on the issue is he'll just take his money to Colombia if the Dom Rep doesn't want him. Life is a risk...
I hope your friend is aware of the fact that unlike the DR, Colombia strictly enforces their immigration laws,if he significantly overstays in Colombia he will be sorry.