Vin Diesel's shirt fires up social media

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Dominican social media is abuzz about what Vin Diesel was wearing in Puerto Plata while in the presence of President Luis Abinader. Dominicans take this very seriously, saying that it's a lack of respect, etc. There's a video in the link at the bottom.

The presence of Vin Diesel in a sleeveless shirt next to the president gives something to talk about on the networks​

Both carried out various activities together in Puerto Plata.​

La República Friday, January 29, 2021

Edgar lantigua
Puerto Plata, RD

The participation of actor Vin Diesel in various acts with President Luis Abinader this Thursday in Puerto Plata, has given us something to talk about on social networks, and not precisely because of the actor's plans in the area.

Indeed, what has generated the most comments on Twitter and Facebook has been the fact that the muscular actor from the movie Fast and Furious was in a sleeveless shirt, together with the president, not only in the activities in Luperón, but also in a act with a little more formality

In Luperón, they made a brief boat trip through the famous Bahía de Gracia in that municipality, and later it was the presentation of the plan to relaunch the tourism sector of Puerto Plata, with the presence of the main actors in the sector at the Emotions Playa Dorada hotel.

The generality of those attending that meeting, mainly hoteliers, tourism businessmen and managers of the Hotel Associations of Playa Dorada, del Norte and Sosúa and Cabarete, as well as the Tourist Cluster of Destination Puerto Plata, used chacabana like the president and his ministers.
Others opted for a jacket without a tie, but the popular actor remained in his sleeveless flannel, something that no common citizen is allowed in an act of certain formality, generating dozens of comments on social networks.

Many users interpreted the use of the sleeveless shirt in a ceremony presided over by the president as a "lack of respect" to the inauguration of the president, as well as various complaints about the clothing.

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Meets with a President wearing a T-Shirt, typical Hollywood disconnect. The old saying its better to over dress than underdress is a thing of the past.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
I agree, it is unimportant. People should be concentrating more on what Vin Diesel can do for the north coast. This is one of his favorite countries and has enjoyed the island so many times in the past both for personal reasons and for filming movies. The Fast and Furious franchise came here because of him. How often do we get a major Hollywood movie production come to Cabarete and other areas on the north coast to film parts of a movie? Nobody gave a crap about what they were wearing then? Ok, I get it, being a president does warrant the respect from others, but I certainly don't think our president was offended. He is too intelligent and too in touch with reality to be offended over someone's attire. He is intelligent enough to know what Vin Diesel can do for his country to care about clothing.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Hopefully his Crocs were clean, they seem to be all the rage within some communities.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Don't let them distract you with this type of BS.
In the meantime, several hundred thousand children
locked in this horrible Dominican public school system
missed yet another day of formal education.

Reactions: johne

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
I agree, it is unimportant. People should be concentrating more on what Vin Diesel can do for the north coast. This is one of his favorite countries and has enjoyed the island so many times in the past both for personal reasons and for filming movies. The Fast and Furious franchise came here because of him. How often do we get a major Hollywood movie production come to Cabarete and other areas on the north coast to film parts of a movie? Nobody gave a crap about what they were wearing then? Ok, I get it, being a president does warrant the respect from others, but I certainly don't think our president was offended. He is too intelligent and too in touch with reality to be offended over someone's attire. He is intelligent enough to know what Vin Diesel can do for his country to care about clothing.
yes Vin Diesel has one very big personal reason ...to come to this country. And that could be who his real father is........

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Hopefully his Crocs were clean, they seem to be all the rage within some communities.
He was wearing tennis shoes and fake camo BDUs ( Battle Dress Uniform for the non military) the height of disrespectful attire. All the other men had on Guayabera shirts. Further more he had his arm on the dining table and was slouching like a spoiled teenager. He can accomplish nothing here.

Reactions: ctrob and Caonabo

marcosalm

Jul 24, 2018
Santiago
Really, is there nothing else going on that warrants more attention.......CORRUPTION, Covid, the education system, poverty, teen pregnancy's, crime, traffic, immigration, the economy ......have you nothing to rant on about except someone's clothing???? That someone who loves our country and may be able .....in his way... to please the people, maybe help the economy by bringing "his" people here for a film or just staying at a resort and contributing to the local guys paycheck. Was this guy not briefed before meeting the Pres???? REALLY???????

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Differing opinions clearly. No matter rich,poor or dirt poor there is always a way to put on a clean pressed SHIRT, pants and shoes. If he wants to dress like a Rap star he will get the attention and respect of a Rap star. If he wants to be taken seriously he will dress accordingly. I am guessing you don't live here, otherwise you might understand the kerfuffle. Business people that want to be taken seriously wear business attire.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I wouldn't have done it myself, but at the end of the day some people are more bothered than Abinader was.

Kim K could come sleeveless, heck shirtless, they would all be drooling....

Next

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Very disrespectful. Its not complicated to wear an appropiate shirt.

What's next? Wearing tank tops, swimming shorts, and sandals during a wedding? Maybe wearing speedos is appropiate during a business meeting. Why not go naked to church? If clothing doesn't matter... Except they do!

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
Very disrespectful. Its not complicated to wear an appropiate shirt.

What's next? Wearing tank tops, swimming shorts, and sandals during a wedding? Maybe wearing speedos is appropiate during a business meeting. Why not go naked to church? If clothing doesn't matter... Except they do!
I'm sure they have weddings at nudist resorts. I'm not sure where they keep the ring however.

• Haha
Reactions: Caonabo

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Don't let them distract you with this type of BS.
In the meantime, several hundred thousand children
locked in this horrible Dominican public school system
missed yet another day of formal education.
Yes and they did not have the School uniforms and shoes, more important than education.
As far as Diesel look look very clean to me, was it a formal invitation?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I see some people are indeed hung up on how others dress. I find it petty, but so be it.
Different strokes for different folks.

The ring might be on a string at a nude wedding. Just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.