Vaccinations for both legal residents and illegal aliens in the DR - Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Since no one is without a home country here on DR1...at least I hope they are not...
Everyone who may not be covered or who may be covered (but not within the time frame on the DRGOV schedule) can return to their home countries for VACVID-19
Just check the requirements to enter your home country and the availability of VACVID-19 first. ;)

What if you have to be vaccinated to travel to your home country to get vaccinated?

Reactions: Russell

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
The Pfizer vaccine at just about any Farmacia?
Yeah, right.
Israel study showed Pfizer at zero deaths, 600,000 plus vaccinated, about 600 got sick.
Pfizer vaccine performing at a very high level.
Israel has a well connected and respected health care system.
Hopefully all the vaccine brands are very effective but this is very good news.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I don't see how Pfizer's vaccine will work well here.
About now you take what you can get.
Have heard any number of vaccine brands discussed.
Pfizer was not in the mix.
These vaccines are hi demand.
All countries have rollout issues, time delays.
They may be a common item at some point but for me WHEN is the focus.
Earlier you get vaccinated the better.
Imagine you delay when you could have gotten vaccinated and end up hospitalized or be those "long haulers", and be very ill for a long time.

And by getting vaccinated you do your part to stop the viral spread.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
As we have said regarding residency.....

The group (resident cedula holders) is such a small one -
it attracts little attention compared to the general population.

Same old , same old...... majority rules
Are we really that small of a group?, why is it such a mess when one goes to renew?, it's always packed!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
About now you take what you can get.
Have heard any number of vaccine brands discussed.
Pfizer was not in the mix.
These vaccines are hi demand.
All countries have rollout issues, time delays.
They may be a common item at some point but for me WHEN is the focus.
Earlier you get vaccinated the better.
Imagine you delay when you could have gotten vaccinated and end up hospitalized or be those "long haulers", and be very ill for a long time.

A good explanation of how the pfizer and Moderna vaccines work.

Reactions: zoomzx11

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You can chat with Ministry Of Health https://www.msp.gob.do/web/

If a bunch of us use it we might at lease get some information. I left a message didn't expect anyone to be there. But I left a message and will check again in the morning. I hope others will do the ame

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I clicked to start a chat and the window disappeared. So I clicked again, and this time it opened up and said "Continue as Ken" in English.

That was a surprise

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Are we really that small of a group?, why is it such a mess when one goes to renew?, it's always packed!

Packed yes, but not with folks from our "group". That's where most of the country goes to get their docs and passports.
Those are the folks it's packed with.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I have read all responses and thought them over carefully.
I believe that any government will want everyone in their country to be vaccinated.
However that just will not happen as there are the anti-vaccine people whom make up the biggest group. They are more the concern than illegals. Remember it was reported that the first documented covid19 case was an Italian Tourist.. i could stand to be corected.
Foreign embassies will get their vaccines from home countries, so perhaps they will also provide the vaccine to their Citizens here in RD.
We just do not know as yet.
However, notwithstanding biases and prejudices , any responsible Government will want every inhabidant to be vaccinated regardless of their status.
And perhaps they will be required to pay for the injections. So be it.

My RD family is talking about the ones in Spain whom received the vaccine and left the men sterile.
I could not find a reference to that topic...but that is not the point. The point is that such baseless rumors are exactly the crap that casts a shadow upon the whole process.
The best defence against covid19 is not only a vaccine but a conscious decision to build up our immune systems to act as the first line of defence . Not whether or not the RD Government will separate the "sheep from the goats" so to speak.
Either way we need to weather this storm with our immune systems, healthy attitudes and compliance to the rules of the day.
It is my opinion that a bad case of paranoia exists and we all should "chill out" and be more supportive of each other , especially whilst we continue to live.

Reactions: ejl293

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I have read all responses and thought them over carefully.
I believe that any government will want everyone in their country to be vaccinated.
However that just will not happen as there are the anti-vaccine people whom make up the biggest group. They are more the concern than illegals. Remember it was reported that the first documented covid19 case was an Italian Tourist.. i could stand to be corected.
Foreign embassies will get their vaccines from home countries, so perhaps they will also provide the vaccine to their Citizens here in RD.
We just do not know as yet.
However, notwithstanding biases and prejudices , any responsible Government will want every inhabidant to be vaccinated regardless of their status.
And perhaps they will be required to pay for the injections. So be it.

My RD family is talking about the ones in Spain whom received the vaccine and left the men sterile.
I could not find a reference to that topic...but that is not the point. The point is that such baseless rumors are exactly the crap that casts a shadow upon the whole process.
The best defence against covid19 is not only a vaccine but a conscious decision to build up our immune systems to act as the first line of defence . Not whether or not the RD Government will separate the "sheep from the goats" so to speak.
Either way we need to weather this storm with our immune systems, healthy attitudes and compliance to the rules of the day.
It is my opinion that a bad case of paranoia exists and we all should "chill out" and be more supportive of each other , especially whilst we continue to live.

I think I agree with you Russ. If you want it, get it. If you don't want it, don't get it. Everybody has individual concerns and risk aversion. We shouldn't criticize those who disagree with us one way or the other.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I think I agree with you Russ. If you want it, get it. If you don't want it, don't get it. Everybody has individual concerns and risk aversion. We shouldn't criticize those who disagree with us one way or the other.
I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately many of our fellow DR1 member's think their opinions or that of a notoriously corrupt government supersedes our right to choose what we put into our bodies.
All of this back and forth talk about when we'll have a vaccine, who's gonna get poked by who first and the hysteria is a bunch a horse shit.
People need to get a damn grip on themselves. They act like it's the end of the world and quite frankly a lot of people, both Dominican and foreign are fed up with it.
Healthy people will continue living and those who neglected to take better care of themselves may die off quicker....
and thats life.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
We cannot criticize people refusing to accept the science when it endangers others and spreads the disease?

The criticism is not directed at the people but at the position they assume but cannot defend.
In times of pandemic people cooperate for the general welfare.
It works.

Reactions: Carl.L

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
and those of you who disagree or refuse to do as you are told
will be punished severely for your "wrong think" and failure to
follow a direct order given to you by the intellects who's ultimate
goal is to control your decision making process for the rest of your
life.

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
In el Norte the dept of homeland security wants to include the undocumented for vaccinations. Here in DR it seems the opposite
One day they will have a such a surplus of vaccines here (due to so many anti-vaxxers) they will be willing to sell the vaccine to ANYONE willing to get the jab, I PREDICT

Reactions: slowmo
Status
Not open for further replies.