Looser curfew coming (heard a rumor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
No issues? As of yesterday there were almost 500,000 people dead from Covid-19 in the US. And counting at almost 3000 deaths a day. No issues indeed.

The DR is doing well to keep things locked down tight. All of the countries with the lowest deaths and rates of infection have done that and following their lead is smart, cheap and more effective than anything else so far. Masks, social distancing and staying home is all that's holding things together in terms of slowing and maintaining health.

It's a shame that businesses, and more importantly people, are suffering financially but at least most are surviving.
You think so? Our COVID rate here is 3.7% while down in DR, its at 19.8%

Who is the worst? DR. Why? Words explains thousands words, my friend.

• Wow
Reactions: Carl.L

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Also, remember this. DR gave people $1500RD, ONE TIME. Thats it? No other help. Nada.

We got stimulus checks, more food stamp help, rent help, etc....

But DR doesn't do anything esp. one time $1500RD? You must be kidding me.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Also, remember this. DR gave people $1500RD, ONE TIME. Thats it? No other help. Nada.

We got stimulus checks, more food stamp help, rent help, etc....

But DR doesn't do anything esp. one time $1500RD? You must be kidding me.
$1500 is absolutely not correct. Try Looking up FASE payments. Folks got those for months.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
For those of you that support curfews I would really like to hear your thoughts on Colombia who had a 24/7 lock down from March - Sept. You could go out once a week based on the last number of your cedula, and yet they had a big spike in cases in July. I'm sure some will try to explain this away as people not adhering to the curfew but that would only prove your lack of knowledge regarding the police in Colombia compared to the D.R.
I left the D.R> because of the curfew and have been in Colombia for the last month+ on the coast and the curfew is midnight which has only effected me twice because of watching boxing and UFC in my favorite spot. My Colombian friends tell me that the Gov realized what they did, not only to businesses but to the population and that I don't need to worry about a return to those draconian measures. They have initiated some partial curfews in Medellin which were a bit harsher and over Carnival weekend in Barranquilla which has the largest Carnival in Colombia.
Even if this improved schedule goes into effect it is still too early for my likes, I'll be staying put here.
I hope for you guys that live there it is more than rumor.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
How much does FASE pays and who gets them, employers only?

It's 7500 for people who have been suspended, and 5000 for people who are still working, all paid directly into the employee's bank account. But the system doesn't work well, the only employees I know who have received it have been after their employer has made about 40 phone calls and 3 visits to TSS.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
It's 7500 for people who have been suspended, and 5000 for people who are still working, all paid directly into the employee's bank account. But the system doesn't work well, the only employees I know who have received it have been after their employer has made about 40 phone calls and 3 visits to TSS.
$7500 Pesos? That's not enough. They should had done $20,000 or so. That will be more than enough. When we had unemployment way back in the summer, I get $600/weekly and lasted me 55 weeks. Thats 50X more than the $7500RD.

That explains DR system is broken.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
For those of you that support curfews I would really like to hear your thoughts on Colombia who had a 24/7 lock down from March - Sept.
Why would I comment on Colombia when I live in 🇩🇴 ❓
I do not have an opinion on the curfews here one way or the other.
I am tired of them and I do not like what they are doing to businesses.
But I live here and follow the law.
And no one in DRGOV has asked my opinion.

As for asking for a comment:
I have friends that goto Colombia because of the curfew here in 🇩🇴.
Others come to 🇩🇴 and make it work for them.
Does not prove a thing other than we all have personal preferences.

Reactions: Russell

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
$7500 Pesos? That's not enough. They should had done $20,000 or so. That will be more than enough. When we had unemployment way back in the summer, I get $600/weekly and lasted me 55 weeks. Thats 50X more than the $7500RD.

If you weren't aware of that, a lot of people are actually not earning much more than that. At my wife's job, working full time she would be making 11000 pesos.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

And where would that money come from? Problem with giving people money without them earning it starts when you stop giving it.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
And where would that money come from? Problem with giving people money without them earning it starts when you stop giving it.
And being the fact that last administration laundered so much money. If you haven't followed the news, the last president's immediate family took billions of pesos basically just because they were related. So the new administration earned a very broken country with all of that corruption. So I guess the majority should be happy they could get anything at all.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
And being the fact that last administration laundered so much money. If you haven't followed the news, the last president's immediate family took billions of pesos basically just because they were related. So the new administration earned a very broken country with all of that corruption. So I guess the majority should be happy they could get anything at all.
and they get away with it? thats blow to DR. If I was the new president, I would arrest all previous administration officials and put them in jail for life without parole. I will recoup all the money where they laundered and also sell all the properties they own. Hell with them. Then with that billions, they can pay 2x more for the FASE. Just sayin .....

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
and they get away with it? thats blow to DR. If I was the new president, I would arrest all previous administration officials and put them in jail for life without parole. I will recoup all the money where they laundered and also sell all the properties they own. Hell with them. Then with that billions, they can pay 2x more for the FASE. Just sayin .....
That's exactly what he has been doing. The ex presidents brother is in prison. But the corruption is so systemic here and the government coffers so empty it is not easy.

The issue is going to go on for a long time as well. Because we were basically closed for months my business has run up a huge ITBIS and tax credit. So we won't be paying any taxes for most of 2021 at least. And so many other businesses are in the same position.

Carl.L

Banned
Oct 20, 2020
yes
For those of you that support curfews I would really like to hear your thoughts on Colombia who had a 24/7 lock down from March - Sept. You could go out once a week based on the last number of your cedula, and yet they had a big spike in cases in July. I'm sure some will try to explain this away as people not adhering to the curfew but that would only prove your lack of knowledge regarding the police in Colombia compared to the D.R.
I left the D.R> because of the curfew and have been in Colombia for the last month+ on the coast and the curfew is midnight which has only effected me twice because of watching boxing and UFC in my favorite spot. My Colombian friends tell me that the Gov realized what they did, not only to businesses but to the population and that I don't need to worry about a return to those draconian measures. They have initiated some partial curfews in Medellin which were a bit harsher and over Carnival weekend in Barranquilla which has the largest Carnival in Colombia.
Even if this improved schedule goes into effect it is still too early for my likes, I'll be staying put here.
I hope for you guys that live there it is more than rumor.
OFF TOPIC but I'll bite ;)

Colombia has sh!t the bed and the DR is doing above average

COVID-19 pandemic death rates by country - Wikipedia
Colombia
Total cases Deaths Fatality rate Deaths per 100,000
2,217,00158,5112.6%117.85

Dominican Republic
233,5983,0241.3%28.46

You can consult the link for all countries. There are "thousands" of other site if you don't like mine. None that I saw that refute my point or support yours. Suerte ;)

• Love
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas
Status
Not open for further replies.