Restaurant Prices Shooting Up

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
I have eaten Sirena's sancocho for dinner every Sunday for ages. It is always crammed with meat, vegetables and root plants.

Which is entirely your choice, you opted in, most Dominicans doing it do it out necessity.

Guaranteed none of the folks in line left to pick up their Masserattis parked across the street in the baseman of the Blue Mall now, did they?

To say that Dominicans eat Platos del Dia because this is what they do culturally is insane, it's like trying to hide from the sun during the daylight or the moon in the evening.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
I tell you, my wife and daughter are in the DR right now since last sunday... I could murder a plato del día from Cheo’s right now. (That’s RSJ)

• Haha
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
My wife and I both wear clothing we have bought in the Haitian flea market in Jarabacoa.

God forbid you tell a middle class or high end Dominican family in Santo Domingo you are dressing from such places, that's considered sacrilege and you'll be forbidden!

Tommy Hillfiger
Ralph Lauren
Dulce Gabbana
Nautica
Calvin Klein
Ferragamo

Dare to not wear any of these and you'll be left behind like Rambo in First Blood. In essence, that is society in the capital indeed.
I would have no problem with eating out of most of the plato del dia places close to me
Most of it is too oily for me though.

As I keep saying; welcome Cholesterol, Diabetes and BP.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Which is entirely your choice, you opted in, most Dominicans doing it do it out necessity.
No, not everyone who has a inexpensive meal is doing it because they have too.
What makes you think that ❓

Guaranteed none of the folks in line left to pick up their Masserattis parked across the street in the baseman of the Blue Mall now, did they?
Well that would depend on if there are Platos del día being served in Blue Mall not wouldn't it❓
To say that Dominicans eat Platos del Dia because this is what they do culturally is insane, it's like trying to hide from the sun during the daylight or the moon in the evening.
Did you miss this post❓
Story
It was almost 15 years ago when I first visited 🇩🇴 .
Stayed in a tourist zone.
Met someone for lunch.
She was indeed a working person (real job-dirty 🧠 need not apply)
She took me to a restaurant where it was 100 DOP for good food and a lot of it.
People dressed in all types a way of were up in there.
I ate there a couple of more times during my visit.
I could not believe I had been paying 300 DOP ⬆️ for lunch.
It was a 👁️ opening and insightful experience.
Are you projecting your own activities as a rich person❓
If someone is rich they do not care if the prices in restaurants are going 📈

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
God forbid you tell a middle class or high end Dominican family in Santo Domingo you are dressing from such places, that's considered sacrilege and you'll be forbidden!

Tommy Hillfiger
Ralph Lauren
Dulce Gabbana
Nautica
Calvin Klein
Ferragamo

Dare to not wear any of these and you'll be left behind like Rambo in First Blood. In essence, that is society in the capital indeed.

Bob,
I am glad you have reached a point in your life where such trivial things do not drive your life.
I see that others have not.
Furthermore all the medical issues named by the poster are not always the direct result of diet.
I could care less about what anyone thinks of me no matter how much money they have or where they are from.
DOWHATCHALIKE ‼️

Reactions: wayne and rfp

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Tommy Hillfiger
Ralph Lauren
Dulce Gabbana
Nautica
Calvin Klein
Ferragamo

I dont care what other people, from anywhere think.

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
That’s the parvenu’s behaviour Radical, which you can’t blame them. Most are.

Of course not, not blaming anything, just pointing out facts. Its their choice, their lives, their style I guess, but to say differently is to look the other way from the obvious.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Your option, that doesn't change the facts.
May I ask what facts are you referring to ❓
Of course not, not blaming anything, just pointing out facts. Its their choice, their lives, their style I guess, but to say differently is to look the other way from the obvious.
May I ask again what facts are you referring to❓

Fact:
a. a thing that is known or proved to be true
b. information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article
c. the truth about events as opposed to interpretation

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013

Tommy Hillfiger
Ralph Lauren
Dulce Gabbana
Nautica
Calvin Klein
Ferragamo

What ?
Does that mean I can pull my 90's tommy hilfiger jeans and clavin klein jackets out of storage, and be a cool kid ?? 😂😂😂😂

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
What ?
Does that mean I can pull my 90's tommy hilfiger jeans and clavin klein jackets out of storage, and be a cool kid ?? 😂😂😂😂
I guess so.
I have always worn Nautica long before I moved to the 🇩🇴 .
This is off topic but all the names rattled off are available in outlet malls in my country of origin for a fraction of the price (1/2 to 1/3) of what it is being sold for here in 🇩🇴.
I buy suitcases of the stuff when I am in my country of origin and toss it out like am the fatboy in the red suit in December when I return.
What is the big deal I ask❓

Reactions: malko

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
well getting back to the question at hand, food prices... spend the day yesterday at the santiago country club, being as it was a holiday and all... the menu prices are about less than half of other restaruants.... and I was the only non Dominican there.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Radical

Jan 5, 2021
SOMEWHERE
well getting back to the question at hand, food prices... spend the day yesterday at the santiago country club, being as it was a holiday and all... the menu prices are about less than half of other restaruants.... and I was the only non Dominican there.

Never been in a club in Santiago but everywhere else I have been, the social classes are indeed separated as well. Did they have Plato del Dia?