New entry procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Are you talking here about getting her USA passport unlocked because she’d been in DR over 30 days?
Both Mr AE and I have to do this every time we leave DR, I have to pay, his just gets unlocked because he’s Dominican. Takes two lines sometimes, other times fast and easy.
You need to always give your Dominican Passport to Customs here. If you come in with a US passport that could be your problem when you leave. Customs here never gets to stamp or scan my US passport.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
You need to always give your Dominican Passport to Customs here. If you come in with a US passport that could be your problem when you leave. Customs here never gets to stamp or scan my US passport.
Well he hasn’t renewed his Dominican passport in over 30 years, so it’s USA only. This explains why you don’t have any delays though. It’s not a big deal, shows cedula and they unlock it.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Well he hasn’t renewed his Dominican passport in over 30 years, so it’s USA only. This explains why you don’t have any delays though. It’s not a big deal, shows cedula and they unlock it.
I have a friend that he only shows his Dominican ID and they unlock his USA Passport and good bye, he renewed now his Dominican passport too.

snowbrat85

Sep 6, 2014
The Uber app does not let you book a ride during curfew hours. I would strongly recommend that you book a ride with a known driver if you are arriving at that time of the morning, and make sure the driver does have permission. The driver I use, Jesus, speaks good English, mainly works with tourists and he definitely has the permission to drive during the curfew. You can whatsapp him on +1 809 432 0999 if it helps.
he worked awesome thank you

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
So of course it is another of those half-finished requirements that the DR is so fond of......

Drop down menus work once out of 7 times..... And when you leave and come back you have to start the section from scratch.
Sometimes it's the birth place drop menu that bugs, sometimes the embarque place, etc..... The only constant is that they never ever all work at the same time.
Kind of scary putting personal info on a non-working form thingy. If they can't even get that working, imagine their security lol .

I just gave up . How hard can it be to have a working website in 2021 ? Duuuh.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I will not waste my time on this for returning here, only going.
Last week I left and went to
the area they have to fill
Put the full form
And the small white. Kind of messing with trying to get your shoes on and your passport out. Eureka ! I put a half dozen blanks of each form in my travel bag. Next time all done sitting on my balcony looking at the ocean. That is of course if they don’t endorse no fly rule not having a code printed. We’ll see.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I did everything all of you suggested, tried English, tried Spanish, cleared history and cookies, changed browsers, restarted puter, and yet I get stuck most of the time on the birth date - everything else works properly. Any other suggestions? I'm not leaving yet - maybe it'll be fixed by them - right? - but I'd like to get it filled in, saved and have it at the ready. Of course, by then perhaps my flight info won't take!

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I did everything all of you suggested, tried English, tried Spanish, cleared history and cookies, changed browsers, restarted puter, and yet I get stuck most of the time on the birth date - everything else works properly. Any other suggestions? I'm not leaving yet - maybe it'll be fixed by them - right? - but I'd like to get it filled in, saved and have it at the ready. Of course, by then perhaps my flight info won't take!
Apparently you need to keep leaving and going back on, until it allows you to fill in all the fields in 1 go......

I nearly gave up, but finally got it working after like 10 tries.... The most annoying is you have to fill it in again each time, even though it's " saved ".

And the guy who built the website doesn't even have the excuse of saying " mY eDUcaTiOn wAs BotChEd Cos of LocKdOWn "

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Apparently you need to keep leaving and going back on, until it allows you to fill in all the fields in 1 go......

I nearly gave up, but finally got it working after like 10 tries.... The most annoying is you have to fill it in again each time, even though it's " saved ".

And the guy who built the website doesn't even have the excuse of saying " mY eDUcaTiOn wAs BotChEd Cos of LocKdOWn "
OK I'll try that. Thx

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You know that the date is first, than month, year. Unlike in the US?

Reactions: NanSanPedro

JimW

May 21, 2014
Flying to the DR this week and got a chance to try the "new entry form". It's incredible... After 6+ months they still can't create a simple webform that works. Constant serious issues in both the form and web back-end behind it;

1. Looks like it was developed for Web 1.0 back in the early 2000's. It's not hard at all to create a webform, API and backed app. these days but yet here it is... a completely bungled job. A basic “WIX” WYSIWYG website would be a million times better than this.

2. So, it took me 55 minutes to complete just one form. Yes, ONE FORM, it's that bad. Constant issues: drop downs not populated, lookups not working , navigation not working, values and entries erasing as you tab through the form etc. Ugh, so frustration and then you have to start over etc. I burned through twelve of their "Application Codes" leaving them orphaned until I could complete just one form. Terrible job at programming. This is why the DR will never be a technology powerhouse showcasing efforts like this. ☹

3. Spelling errors all over the place. Come on guys, your primary tourist market is English speaking but yet, no one thought of hitting spellcheck??? Really? Hint...There is no such thing as a "FEMENINE" gender.

4. Oh,. the kicker... it didn't work in Chrome, it didn't work in Edge, I had to use Firefox (I'm a Windows users so I don't have Safari but elsewhere in this forum it mentions that Safari on iOS/MacOS doesn't work either). Terrible formatting issues where you can’t navigate or fields are hidden/missing when using other browsers. The strange thing is that, it really takes a lot to mess up basic browser compatibility but then again, here we are.

So... the verdict??? Completely unusable. I'm actually in IT so if it was that difficult to me, I can only imagine an older, non-computer literate vacationer use it. 'm sure they hired a local company to do this but for an application that is forward-facing as a tourist's first impression of the DR travel experience, this is really terrible. The owner of the company that made this must have a primo in government purchasing. ☹ If lines start to form where people have to wait in airports to complete it, eventually the news media will pick up on it and it will cause so much bad press that it will be like COVID #2 to tourism. Recommendation: Scrap this effort asap, go back to the paper forms for a while longer, get a good development company (with real application development successes in large-scale applications that will service thousands of people a day) and try to forget this amateur effort ever happened.

I hear that you can still use the paper (takes <5 minutes) until the end of the month so I actually just changed my family’s return flight (no change fees – at least something good came out of COVID ☹) and will leave a week early. I don't want to take a chance of getting caught in the crush at PUJ or SDQ come May 1 when the form becomes mandatory and there's hundreds of people trying to access it simultaneously. Yes, it will be a sh!t show. I want to be out of the country when that melee happens. Sad, very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.