Problems with Vaccines.. past and present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Don’t worry 😉 about long term effects. As things go with relations between big powers and their backers, we’re rapidly heading into re-armament and indirect confrontation. Which always spills over to direct confrontation of some sort.

Vaccines only need to do one thing now: Allow economies to get back on track.
The sooner the better...

Reactions: Russell
Jan 9, 2004
OK OK... bribes exist in the world...... does it affect the product ??

If so, I expect you avoid our new toll roads here.... a product of bribery

I knew you couldn't see your way to a Chinese vaccine.....
It has absolutely nothing to do with bribes............and has everything to do with confidence, or lack thereof, in the Chinese state.

They have outright lied throughout the pandemic as to the origin of the virus and then silenced those that tried to warn the world. What makes anyone believe they are now giving accurate information regarding their vaccines. Their track record speaks for itself.

Given that, I see no reason, none, nada, zilch, zero to trust anything regarding their vaccines and the claims they have made...........and I have made that position abundantly clear here..............so saying you knew I couldn't see my way to a Chinese vaccine...............is hardly profound on your part.

So to those who say the best vaccine you can get is the one you can get, and that includes Dr. Fauci, and especially those who are relying on efficacy and side effects results put out by the Chinese or people under their control and who now find themselves "vaccinated".........................I offer my condolences and hope, that this time the Chinese were not lying.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: johne and CristoRey

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Of the two Chinese vaccines, the Sinovac one seems to be causing the least number of adverse reactions. That's not to say it works better than the other one but of all the choices available to people in the DR for a vaccine injection, it's pretty much all there is at this time. I'm firmly in the camp that believes that for at risk people, something that works "a little bit" is better than nothing at all when it comes to Cv19 and its more potent variants. Now if my eyes change colour sometime in the future, we'll have to reevaluate at that time. But for now it remains an individual's choice between some potential benefit or no vaccine at all.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
It has absolutely nothing to do with bribes............and has everything to do with confidence, or lack thereof, in the Chinese state.

They have outright lied throughout the pandemic as to the origin of the virus and then silenced those that tried to warn the world. What makes anyone believe they are now giving accurate information regarding their vaccines. Their track record speaks for itself.

Given that, I see no reason, none, nada, zilch, zero to trust anything regarding their vaccines and the claims they have made...........and I have made that position abundantly clear here..............so saying you knew I couldn't see my way to a Chinese vaccine...............is hardly profound on your part.

So to those who say the best vaccine you can get is the one you can get, and that includes Dr. Fauci, and especially those who are relying on efficacy and side effects results put out by the Chinese or people under their control and who now find themselves "vaccinated".........................I offer my condolences and hope, that this time the Chinese were not lying.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
100% agreed.
Westerners inability to comprehend them folks is going to come back to bite them in the future.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I've no idea what happens if a person only takes one shot and doesn't return for a second one
but from the conversation I just had with my neighbor's sister (birthday celebrations for a 3 year old
toddler here are definitely different than my youth in the states) who works the grave yard shift at
a well-known hospital here in Santiago... we are going to find out real soon.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Of the two Chinese vaccines, the Sinovac one seems to be causing the least number of adverse reactions. That's not to say it works better than the other one but of all the choices available to people in the DR for a vaccine injection, it's pretty much all there is at this time. I'm firmly in the camp that believes that for at risk people, something that works "a little bit" is better than nothing at all when it comes to Cv19 and its more potent variants. Now if my eyes change colour sometime in the future, we'll have to reevaluate at that time. But for now it remains an individual's choice between some potential benefit or no vaccine at all.
If I was you I would take whatever is offered...look at Canada Ontario we @####& variant taking hold 50% cases if it’s here it’s with you guys..we where doing good here and now another wave , variant 1/2 cases not good :(

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
No doubt the Chinese lied and covered up a lot of things about the virus to try to avoid blame and liability, but their vaccines are part of a PR campaign to try to regain a positive image in many countries where they are trying to expand their influence and protect their interests. The CEO's of these companies know they';ll be executed if they put out misleading data and there's a problem with the vaccine.

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
Notice that the article is from a Taiwan news source. Do you think they would trash a Chinese vaccine? The answer is YES!

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
I've no idea what happens if a person only takes one shot and doesn't return for a second one
but from the conversation I just had with my neighbor's sister (birthday celebrations for a 3 year old
toddler here are definitely different than my youth in the states) who works the grave yard shift at
a well-known hospital here in Santiago... we are going to find out real soon.

With only one shot, depending on vaccine used and it’s reported efficacy, it’s still best than no shot taken.
The response from the shot against the virus will still offer a level of protection than none.

Reactions: Michael DR

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
No doubt the Chinese lied and covered up a lot of things about the virus to try to avoid blame and liability, but their vaccines are part of a PR campaign to try to regain a positive image in many countries where they are trying to expand their influence and protect their interests. The CEO's of these companies know they';ll be executed if they put out misleading data and there's a problem with the vaccine.

The only event on this pandemic, which was investigated and found true. Was the attempt by a regional director to hush 🤫 the unfolding mounting cases reported in their district via the whistleblower doctor online.

Still at such point, researches and doctors were confused about what these weird cases of respiratory events really were about.

Once the central government learned of the magnitude of the event unfolding via their main CDC officials, they moved quickly to isolate the region.

CDC research labs carried out tests for multiple known viruses and all hit negative, until a well respected researcher matched some of the strains to earlier Coronavirus samples.

This was unfolding real time, and they still believed the virus was transmitting via physical contact. Which they shared with the WHO and other countries as modus operandi accepted.

The lab was able to produce a test that would identify the virus on patients, but it was very time consuming.

Once the doctors realized many of their own were falling ill, they increased their personal protection gear PPE. They also determined that surface contact was also potentially a new transmission channel for the virus.

The Chinese CDC cooperated with WHO on the virus and WHO experts in China cooperated with them on the ongoing situation.

Once China realize the fast paced transmission and number of cases in need of ICU care, they decided to build a hospital in 10 days and to shut down the entire province.

Later, researches speculated 🤨 the virus is airborne and the situation changes.
All this time, it’s passing this data to WHO, which informs other nations.

China adopts a very restrictive program to isolate the main focus of virus infection reported and shuts down entire cities, communications and free flow of people.

Meanwhile our western countries see this as a Chinese problem, but in reality this virus was already circulating in Europe. Cases were reported in the EU of an unknown respiratory illness before even Wuhan exploded.

Trump calls the virus the China virus and the rest is history.

China was open from their government as soon as they discovered the local politician was covering the problem and was removed.
It restricted information from private citizens to avoid mass chaos from unknown individuals reporting.

The recent fact finding trip by WHO experts, finds the Chinese CDC was on point since day 1.
It also finds some figures were underrepresented, but this was from the attempts of the local government at covering to the central government, not the outside world. Figures that only matter to their own citizens.

China had shown the world how to best prepare for the attack on the healthcare sector from the cases and also the type of restrictions needed to isolate hot points.

The western and much of the world disregarded them as only communist’s plans that would o it work in communist China.

China provided the world via WHO the virus genetic sequence, which helped the labs experts elsewhere to commence working on a solution vaccine.

Blame our corrupt governments for failing to take early action, not China!

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
This is how much the WHO knew of it by Jan 12 from China:

Novel Coronavirus – China

Disease outbreak news : Update
12 January 2020

On 11 and 12 January 2020, WHO received further detailed information from the National Health Commission about the outbreak.

WHO is reassured of the quality of the ongoing investigations and the response measures implemented in Wuhan, and the commitment to share information regularly.

The evidence is highly suggestive that the outbreak is associated with exposures in one seafood market in Wuhan. The market was closed on 1 January 2020. At this stage, there is no infection among healthcare workers, and no clear evidence of human to human transmission. The Chinese authorities continue their work of intensive surveillance and follow up measures, as well as further epidemiological investigations.

Among the 41 confirmed cases, there has been one death. This death occurred in a patient with serious underlying medical conditions.

China shared the genetic sequence of the novel coronavirus on 12 January, which will be of great importance for other countries to use in developing specific diagnostic kits.

The cluster was initially reported on 31 December 2019, when the WHO China Country Office was informed. The Chinese authorities identified a new type of coronavirus (novel coronavirus, nCoV), which was isolated on 7 January 2020. Laboratory testing was conducted on all suspected cases identified through active case finding and retrospective review. Other respiratory pathogens such as influenza, avian influenza, adenovirus, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV), Middle East Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) were ruled out as the cause.

According to information conveyed to WHO by Chinese authorities on 11 and 12 January, 41 cases with novel coronavirus infection have been preliminarily diagnosed in Wuhan City. Of the 41 cases reported, seven are severely ill. This is when the one death, mentioned above, was reported, in a patient with other underlying health conditions. Six patients have been discharged from hospital. Symptom onset of the 41 confirmed nCoV cases ranges from 8 December 2019 to 2 January 2020. No additional cases have been detected since 3 January 2020.

The clinical signs and symptoms reported are mainly fever, with a few cases having difficulty in breathing, and chest radiographs showing invasive pneumonic infiltrates in both lungs. National authorities report that patients have been isolated and are receiving treatment in Wuhan medical institutions.

According to the preliminary epidemiological investigation, most cases worked at or were handlers and frequent visitors to the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market. The government reports that there is no clear evidence that the virus passes easily from person to person.

Currently, no case with infection of this novel coronavirus has been reported elsewhere other than Wuhan.

Public Health Response

China's National Health Commission has deployed a group of experts to Wuhan City to support the local response.

National authorities have reported the following response measures:

A total of 763 close contacts including healthcare workers, have been identified and followed up and no additional cases of infection with the novel coronavirus have been identified;
The Wuhan Municipal Health Commission carried out active case finding, and retrospective investigations of the current cluster of patients have been completed
The Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market has been temporarily closed to carry out environmental sanitation and disinfection;
Public risk communication activities have been carried out to improve public awareness and adoption of self-protection measures.
WHO is closely monitoring the situation and is in regular contact with national authorities in China to provide support required. Technical guidance on novel coronavirus has been developed and will continue to be updated as additional information is available.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
All this China s h * t is nothing more than politics.
Same for Huawei spying, same for DJI, Tik Tok, etc...
All made up stuff to play the political twist and will come to bite them hard on the behind.

Huawei will not crumble, but rule 6G much stronger than 5G today. It holds the bulk of functional patents for 5G and can collect revenues on those alone for profit, without having to manufacture and sell a single cellphone.

In fact it’s now getting into the E-car biz, which is now being led by Chinese companies in total sales.

DJI is the drone to own for commercial means. It will not be forced out of the world market anytime soon.

The chips industry is going to be very hard for US and partners to surmount once China starts rolling out semiconductors and next generation chips in the scale they only know: Huge!

This is a war that China didn’t start but sure as hell won’t lose! It only takes a quick trip to any large Chinese City of tomorrow to understand this with your own eyes.

This is a country we need access to its gargantuan market, not the other way around.

The technological divide that ruled the US supreme for so many decades is now gone. Even smaller countries lead the US in the know how and tech in many sectors.

Case in point: Nokia and Ericsson...

US doesn’t even have a close contender in the 5G field! Not a single one!

Cars? Ha! The US car makers has been so busy filling their home streets with large and larger SUVs, that forgot the rest of the world doesn’t ride elephants too.

Tesla? You can go buy a real e-car at around US$5k that will work wonders on your daily commute for cheap and well connected.

We need more economists in the government and less clueless politicians.

The DR can sell each year’s farm production in one deal alone to China at top $$$.
But to deal with China the DR needs to reverse the deal that made China the manufacturing power it is today: Transfer of technology and know how, along local production for their end market.

We can manufacture cheaper than China in some instances were hands are needed to put together things, at our labor rates, compared to theirs.

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Unless you're old or obese or have a compromised immune system, you would have to be a moron to willingly engage in experimental gene therapy for a virus with an excellent survival rate and many known treatments/preventatives.

• Sad
Reactions: Michael DR

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
For all that have put your faith in ANYTHING that China says, does, promotes etc , I say “You drank the Kool Aide that was offered. Now would you like white rice or brown rice with your order?”

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
For all that have put your faith in ANYTHING that China says, does, promotes etc , I say “You drank the Kool Aide that was offered. Now would you like white rice or brown rice with your order?”
Or you drank to much??
China produces 40% of API in all of our medicines ...with out China and India life wouldn’t be so easy on the pharma front ..due some due diligence on where ingredients come from ..plus China quality control of firing squad is very helpful also :)
https://theconversation.com/the-wor...om-china-and-india-to-beat-coronavirus-138388

Reactions: Lobo Tropical

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Look around your house, furniture, clothes, cell phones, appliances, etc. Then burn everything you own that was made in China.........................

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Everyone has to have some faith in science and medicine or they would never seek medical treatment. It may be fair and partially accurate to say that the Chinese vaccine(s) are not as effective as others but with the scientific review and approval process in other countries it is very unlikely that these vaccines are completely ineffective or simply a direct means to inject communist ideology into the populations of the world. The level of condescension directed towards those who opt for the only vaccine available to them is disturbing.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Guess alcohol really does deaden the taste buds. Rights are god given, privilege is either earned or taken.
A right is something granted in the constitution of a government.

A privilege is a special benefit or permission granted to an individual or a group based upon status, class, rank, title, or special talent.

Last edited by a moderator:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
A right is something granted in the constitution of a government.

A privilege is a special benefit or permission granted to an individual or a group based upon status, class, rank, title, or special talent.

• Human rights describe how we instinctively expect to be treated as persons.
  • Human rights define what we are all entitled to a life of equality, dignity, respect, and a life free from discrimination.
  • You do not have to earn your human rights. You are born with them. They are the same for every person.
  • Nobody can give them to you. But they can be taken away.

Last edited by a moderator:

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Look around your house, furniture, clothes, cell phones, appliances, etc. Then burn everything you own that was made in China.........................
My error as I didn’t make my reference to the vaccine.

Status
Not open for further replies.