Problems with Vaccines.. past and present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
For all that have put your faith in ANYTHING that China says, does, promotes etc , I say “You drank the Kool Aide that was offered. Now would you like white rice or brown rice with your order?”

Sure!
Just like we trusted and put faith into intelligence vetted evidence at the UN of WMDs in Iraq, hunting and eliminating the terrorists the were behind 9/11 in Afghanistan, no wait! Iraq? Again??? Coup against Chavez without a word of condemnation from the big boys? Coup in Ukraine with support to remove all elected officials and replaced with Bandera known Nazi nationalists? A US armed Georgian assault (even shown by mistake of this by a small Georgian girl interviewed on TV) on an autonomous region? Silence behind a coup in Bolivia against an indigenous leader? The list goes on and on.
But it’s this side that drinks a steady diet of koolaid laced with “truths”?????

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I read that healthcare workers, some teachers and maybe some police/military were given the AZ vaccine but not the general public. The pions are offered the Sinovac based on availability of more doses and the prospect of there being enough on hand to complete the 2nd injection I suspect.
On 26 March the Military, Teachers and other Public servants in Luperon got the Sinovac , the folk over 60 also got the Sinovac, as well as Non-resident gringos.
All at no cost.
I also got the Sinovac ... have a hankering for Won Ton Soup though.... at 77 I would be first in line for anything that is offered. Also since I know where the Sinovac was really formulated..Not China!!!

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
It has absolutely nothing to do with bribes............and has everything to do with confidence, or lack thereof, in the Chinese state.

They have outright lied throughout the pandemic as to the origin of the virus and then silenced those that tried to warn the world. What makes anyone believe they are now giving accurate information regarding their vaccines. Their track record speaks for itself.

Given that, I see no reason, none, nada, zilch, zero to trust anything regarding their vaccines and the claims they have made...........and I have made that position abundantly clear here..............so saying you knew I couldn't see my way to a Chinese vaccine...............is hardly profound on your part.

So to those who say the best vaccine you can get is the one you can get, and that includes Dr. Fauci, and especially those who are relying on efficacy and side effects results put out by the Chinese or people under their control and who now find themselves "vaccinated".........................I offer my condolences and hope, that this time the Chinese were not lying.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Doesn't it always come down to truth and facts, to have confidence?
Blindly towing the line and supporting your State in face of facts and lies is not an exercise in reality, nor critical thinking.

Fact is that according to J.H.U. Global map,
The US has 30,252,278 Cases and 549,229 Deaths and is #1 with most cases and deaths.
China 101,646 Cases and 4,841 Deaths.
We all witnessed the rapid construction of hospitals, treatment and lock down in China.

As to the facts of lies and misinformation of your State's former administration, history is written.

Of course China being a Communist Dictatorship cleverly mixed with capitalism and long term strategies,
All information is suspect, as would be Russia's.

However your country is hardly a beacon of truth and trustworthiness, history in that respect is also written.
If I would trust anything, it would be research information of US scientists,
Whose information was actively suppressed and ridiculed, by the previous administration.
The facts about US and Brazil corona are readily available.

“China’s ‘vaccine diplomacy’ is not unconditional,”
“Beijing may use its vaccine donations to advance its regional agenda, particularly on sensitive issues such as its claims in the South China Sea.”
But James Laurenceson, the director of the Australia-China Relations Institute at the University of Technology Sydney, said a double standard was often applied: while western nations’ vaccine rollout was portrayed as altruistic, China’s was cast as self-interested.

“I think it’s pretty clear that Australia and the US would not be doing what they are doing unless China had started its vaccine diplomacy. It’s clearly a reaction. If we’re going to call China’s actions vaccine diplomacy, then Australia and the US are engaged in vaccine diplomacy as well.”

Laurenceson said China’s rollout of vaccines to the developing world was further advanced than western nations’ rollout, with the US, in particular, prioritising domestic supply."

We all hope that vaccines arrive for all and that all receive the best vaccines.
So far most of us are still waiting.
We all hope that our governments are not lying and suppressing information.
Yet by experience I do not have this faith, neither of us being the "Good Guys" while labeling the others with deceit and self interest.

Reactions: Tarheel

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
The Vaccine produced by Sinovac is not as harmful as too much rum.... give it a break ''D&G'' people, give it a break.
I applaud the RD Government for proceeding with Sinovac...I can't imagine what would happen to the rise in COVID-19 if the vaccines were not administered.
I had a rash of electronic crashes. First my computer then my phone... My dumb arse sat on my smart phone,,, toast!
I am exceedingly pleased to have a new Computer and phone.... both manufactured in China , even though American Products.
Get a grip!
Face reality, ad stop the fear BS.
Find something else to bitch about, this one is getting worn down.
Oh shoot, I have a hankering for Chicken Chow Mein and won ton soup... gotta go.
Have a nice day.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Educate yourself, before you can educate others!

Gateway Pundit​

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE​

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Educate yourself, before you can educate others!

Gateway Pundit​

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE​

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
You are a questionable source. Gateway is not the source you numbskull. Educate yourself on who is calling them a questionable source.

Reactions: Luperon

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Re: Questionable source. LOL. Only on Dr1 does one post a page long definition of what one used to say as: “ You know what Buddy, stop
spreading that horse crap all
over our living room floor”.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
You are a questionable source. Gateway is not the source you numbskull. Educate yourself on who is calling them a questionable source.
Exactly that! Xs infinity

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
BEIJING (AP) — A joint WHO-China study on the origins of COVID-19 says that transmission of the virus from bats to humans through another animal is the most likely scenario and that a lab leak is “extremely unlikely,” according to a draft copy obtained by The Associated Press.

The findings offer little new insight into how the virus began to spread around the globe and many questions remain unanswered, though that was as expected. But the report did provide more detail on the reasoning behind the researchers’ conclusions. The team proposed further research in every area except the lab leak hypothesis.

The report’s release has been repeatedly delayed, raising questions about whether the Chinese side was trying to skew the conclusions to prevent blame for the pandemic falling on China. A World Health Organization official said late last week that he expected it would be ready for release “in the next few days.”

The researchers listed four scenarios in order of likelihood for the emergence of the coronavirus named SARS-CoV-2. Topping the list was transmission from bats through another animal, which they said was likely to very likely. They evaluated direct spread from bats to humans as likely, and said that spread through “cold-chain” food products was possible but not likely.

Bats are known to carry coronaviruses and, in fact, the closest relative of the virus that causes COVID-19 has been found in bats. However, the report says that “the evolutionary distance between these bat viruses and SARS-CoV-2 is estimated to be several decades, suggesting a missing link.”

It said highly similar viruses have been found in pangolins, which are another kind of mammal, but also noted that mink and cats are susceptible to the COVID-19 virus, suggesting they could be carriers, too.

The report is based largely on a visit by a WHO team of international experts to Wuhan, the Chinese city where COVID-19 was first detected, from mid-January to mid-February.

Peter Ben Embarek, the WHO expert who led the Wuhan mission, said Friday that the report had been finalized and was being fact-checked and translated.

“I expect that in the next few days, that whole process will be completed and we will be able to release it publicly,” he said.

The draft report is inconclusive on whether the outbreak started at a Wuhan seafood market that had one of the earliest clusters of cases in December 2019.

The discovery of other cases before the Huanan market outbreak suggests it may have started elsewhere. But the report notes there could have been milder cases that went undetected and that could be a link between the market and earlier cases.

“No firm conclusion therefore about the role of the Huanan market in the origin of the outbreak, or how the infection was introduced into the market, can currently be drawn,” the report said.

The market was an early suspect because some stalls sold a range of animals — and some wondered if they had brought the new virus to Wuhan. The report noted that a range of animal products — including everything from bamboo rats to deer, often frozen — were sold at the market, as were live crocodiles.

As the pandemic spread globally, China found samples of the virus on the packaging of frozen food coming into the country and, in some cases, have tracked localized outbreaks to them.

The report said that the cold chain, as it is known, can be a driver of long-distance virus spread but was skeptical it could have triggered the outbreak. The report says the risk is lower than through human-to-human respiratory infection, and most experts agree.

“While there is some evidence for possible reintroduction of SARS-CoV-2 through handling of imported contaminated frozen products in China since the initial pandemic wave, this would be extraordinary in 2019 where the virus was not widely circulating,” the study said.

The report cited several reasons for all but dismissing the possibility the virus escaped from a lab in Wuhan, a speculative theory that was suggested and promoted by former U.S. President Donald Trump among others.

It said such laboratory accidents are rare and the labs in Wuhan working on coronaviruses and vaccines are well-managed. It also noted that there is no record of viruses closely related to SARS-CoV-2 in any laboratory before December 2019 and that the risk of accidentally growing the virus was extremely low.

Source:

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
The minks culled in the EU can be the most likely source of the virus jump. There was a reported cluster of respiratory cases with an unidentifiable source of viral procedente in Italy. Way before Wuhan or any other reports in China.
Possibility that those minks made their way into China’s wet markets and/or the frozen meats, is high.

Last edited by a moderator:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It is certainly just a coincidence that the Chinese Virus was first found in the same area where is virology lab that studies such viruses.

Posing an alternative source to where the Chinese Virus, aka Wuhan Flu, started seems bat-sh*t crazy.

But I could be wrong.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The minks culled in the EU can be the most likely source of the virus jump. There was a reported cluster of respiratory cases with an unidentifiable source of viral procedente in Italy. Way before Wuhan or any other reports in China.
Possibility that those minks made their way into China’s wet markets and/or the frozen meats, is high.
Taiwan was aware of "problems" in China in Q3 of 2019. Is that not before the problems in Italy?

But I could be wrong. The Chinese virus could have come from bats and not a lab near where ChineseVirus19 coincidentally showed up in China.

Jan 9, 2004
Doesn't it always come down to truth and facts, to have confidence?
Blindly towing the line and supporting your State in face of facts and lies is not an exercise in reality, nor critical thinking.
It depends on the truth you believe and the facts you believe or disbelieve............as the case may be.

Given that, I see no reason, none, nada, zilch, zero to trust anything regarding their (Chinese) vaccines and the claims they have made. You may have a different opinion and I respect that.
Fact is that according to J.H.U. Global map,
The US has 30,252,278 Cases and 549,229 Deaths and is #1 with most cases and deaths.
China 101,646 Cases and 4,841 Deaths.

You can choose to believe those "facts" that may or may not be accurate. As to the US cases involving death, know that hospitals were financially incentivized by Medicare if they declared a death "Covid related."

As to the China numbers............I reiterate..............I see no reason, none, nada, zilch, zero to trust anything regarding their (Chinese) vaccines and the claims they have made.......regarding either the origin, number of cases or number of deaths.
We all hope that vaccines arrive for all and that all receive the best vaccines.
So far most of us are still waiting.
We all hope that our governments are not lying and suppressing information.
Yet by experience I do not have this faith, neither of us being the "Good Guys" while labeling the others with deceit and self interest.
Are you waiting for an appointment? Or are you waiting because of your reluctance to trust the vaccines? Know that if the latter,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you are not alone;

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Anyone "waiting" for who knows what takes not only the risk of death, but staying in your cocoon as travel will be limited to anyone that has not been vaccinated......................

Status
Not open for further replies.