Nuria tours the campgrounds in favor of the three grounds for abortion

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Thanks Bob. You just made it crystal clear. It's a womans choice. If they want one great. If they don't, good for them. They get to choose. Not religion or politicians or the pro life people. The decision should be made by the woman involved and whoever she brings into her decision making process.
Well, as someone that was personally affected in my younger years I would beg to differ. My girlfriend was pressured into an abortion by her older sister and kept it a secret from her mother for twenty five years. She was wracked by guilt over killing her baby ( that is what she called it, not me) It is a very complicated issue with far more than only a woman's right to chose because its her body. I would have gladly raised my child, with or without her involvement. I don't think abortion should be illegal but I am not in favour of it morally.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Well that goes without saying. I was referring to a couple in a normal relationship.

I guess, but when you think about the other two grounds. One is that there is a risk to the life of the mother, again I pretty much think that if having a baby puts her own life at risk, a woman should be the only one who takes this decision. And the third is that the fetus is unviable so I guess that means is likely to be stillborn. Again, having known a friend who had to go full-term to deliver a baby that she knew was not going to make it, and how horrific this was for her, I think that it's probably mainly down to the woman to decide.

And if you follow my logic, that all three of these cases are down to women to decide and only women, then by extension it seems fairest to allow only women to vote in the referendum.

Reactions: melphis

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
The "3 exceptions" are tantamount to unrestricted abortion on demand by any female, at any age, for any reason. Will a woman be required to "prove" she's been raped, or is her claim good enough? Will there be crooked doctors who determine that her "life is in danger" and then charge extra for the risky procedure?
Stop it. This so called thoughtful debate about 3 exceptions is the reddest of herrings. Anyone who says otherwise is LYING.

I wish the abortionistas would just have the guts to come out and say it, except that a concept like "guts" requires the same moral courage which they lack.

P.S. - Google some pictures and then come back and tell me "it" isn't a human baby.
You're welcome.

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
women should have exclusive domain over their bodies, just like a man does.
unrestricted abortion on demand by any female, at any age, for any reason should be legal.
I obviously disagree, but at least you are willing to say what so many pusillanimous political pipsqueaks won't.

Much like any other invasive surgical procedure, the patient must be required to give informed consent. See post #12 details on that.

Son of a sailor

Sep 30, 2019
I obviously disagree, but at least you are willing to say what so many pusillanimous political pipsqueaks won't.

Much like any other invasive surgical procedure, the patient must be required to give informed consent. See post #12 details on that.
I always try to look at things from both sides.
I would go so far as to wager, if you were born with a different set genitals, your stance would be closer to mine than your own.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Thanks Bob. You just made it crystal clear. It's a womans choice. If they want one great. If they don't, good for them. They get to choose. Not religion or politicians or the pro life people. The decision should be made by the woman involved and whoever she brings into her decision making process.
Wrong. You are assuming one can just walk up to an automated kiosk and get an abortion. One needs people willing to perform the abortion. And politicians write the laws and determine if abortion is legal, under what circumstances, etc.

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
I always try to look at things from both sides.
I would go so far as to wager, if you were born with a different set genitals, your stance would be closer to mine than your own.
Only if I were sufficiently gaslighted into suppressing the maternal instinct to protect my unborn child. By the way, protecting the helpless and the innocent is also a paternal instinct. I suppose that makes it a human instinct.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
missed the point, many women are against abortion.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

i agree. wouldn't expect anything different honestly. but that isn't what i said.
Don't see the difference.

You're claiming that men who are pro-life would be pro-abortion if they were women. It ain't so nor will it ever be.

A mom is loving and nurturing. She doesn't want to murder her baby.

Reactions: bob saunders

Son of a sailor

Sep 30, 2019
Only if I were sufficiently gaslighted into suppressing the maternal instinct to protect my unborn child. By the way, protecting the helpless and the innocent is also a paternal instinct. I suppose that makes it a human instinct.
i know internet forums are the best place to go to extremes, but i didn't say you, as a person with reproductive abilities would terminate a pregnancy, or be gas lighted whatever that is, i said i'd bet your stance would be tempered, and since its the opposite extreme as mine, there is only one way for it to shift, in the other direction! :)
i might lose that bet, so what.
i am a live and let live type of person, and that tenant, is where my opinion originates.