Numbered Moto Vests and Disarming the Public starts on the Same Day?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Avanzan en plan para identificar motoristas​

• Avanzan en plan para identificar motoristas
    Vásquez Martínez precisó que la identificación irá de la mano con el Plan de Seguridad Ciudadana. ARCHIVO/LD

Javier Flores
javier.flores@listindiario.com
Santo Domingo, RD

El ministro de Interior y Policía, Jesús Vásquez Martínez (Chu), informó ayer que la entidad está realizando avances importantes respecto al inicio del plan de identificación de motoristas mediante el uso de chalecos de diferentes colores.
La implementación del plan está pautada para iniciar el próximo 5 de junio junto con el inicio del plan de desarme poblacional.
Este forma parte de uno de los puntos clave de la primera fase del Plan de Seguridad Ciudadana anunciado por el presidente Luis Abinader a inicios del mes de marzo y que previamente había sido anunciado para empezar el próximo martes.
El plan consiste en que todos los motoristas serán identificados con chalecos y con un número individual, dependiendo del uso que se le esté dando al vehículo. “No puedo adelantar muchos detalles pero tanto el Intrant (Instituto Nacional de Tránsito y Transporte Terrestre) y el viceministerio de seguridad interna están adelantados en eso y el plan es lanzarlo junto con el plan nacional de desarme el próximo cinco de junio”, informó Vásquez Martínez, quien agregó que todas las aristas del plan de seguridad ciudadana serán lanzadas simultáneamente el mismo día.

Santo Domingo, RD
The Minister of the Interior and Police, Jesús Vásquez Martínez (Chu), reported yesterday that the entity is making important progress regarding the beginning of the motorist identification plan through the use of different colored vests.

The implementation of the plan is scheduled to begin on June 5, together with the start of the population disarmament plan.

This is part of one of the key points of the first phase of the Citizen Security Plan announced by President Luis Abinader at the beginning of March and which had previously been announced to begin next Tuesday.

The plan is that all motorists will be identified with vests and with an individual number, depending on the use that is being given to the vehicle. 'I can not advance many details but both the Intrant (National Institute of Transit and Land Transportation) and the vice ministry of internal security are ahead of that and the plan is to launch it together with the national disarmament plan on June 5,' Vásquez reported. Martínez, who added that all aspects of the citizen security plan will be launched simultaneously on the same day.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The implementation begins on June 6. It's not the "required by" date.

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
My first thought on this was everybody running around in different colors like the flight crew on a carrier deck.
But wait! There's more! ALL motorists you say? And different colors too, so how to co-ordinate my outfit with my new vest?
What color for shopping? Or for work? Will I need a seperate one for every vehicle? And what about those pesky numbers?
.Just what will they go with? How about a mug shot with that Presidente?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Well, allow me to oblige. I just can't see how it can possibly happen.
I knew there would be at least one...

Mind you, I am not saying that this is not one of the dumbest things ever suggested. The current pistol renewal requirements are far dumber.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Mind you, I am not saying that this is not one of the dumbest things ever suggested. The current pistol renewal requirements are far dumber.

Unless, of course, the point of the new regulations is to discourage the possession of legal pistols. If so, they are a flash of genius.

Reactions: Michael DR

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
Unless, of course, the point of the new regulations is to discourage the possession of legal pistols. If so, they are a flash of genius.
Yeah, flash of genius, turn thousands of legal gun owners into illegal gun owners. Nobody will renew their licenses under new conditions, and nobody will give up their guns either, and good luck with confiscating them.

I think that Police & Interior Minister should undergo an IQ test. With no doubt his results will be in 'moderately impaired' range.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Nobody will renew their licenses under new conditions, and nobody will give up their guns either, and good luck with confiscating them.

Q.E.D

Your own post confirms that the regulations discourage legal possession of pistols.

Reactions: JD Jones

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
People are going to find out very soon that it will be very difficult to renew a pistol license.

As a lawyer told me, "A vendor of orange juice on the street will not have justification to own a pistol. If he applies for a renewal it will be refused. "

In other words, you have to have a real reason to own such a pistol. NOT just for self defense or home defense any more. The plan is to disarm as many people as possible. That lawyer has already represented a number of people trying to renew their pistol license that have been refused and they have to forfeit their weapons.

If others find out differently than what this lawyer stated, please post about it.

Reactions: drstock

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
People are going to find out very soon that it will be very difficult to renew a pistol license.

As a lawyer told me, "A vendor of orange juice on the street will not have justification to own a pistol. If he applies for a renewal it will be refused. "

In other words, you have to have a real reason to own such a pistol. NOT just for self defense or home defense any more. The plan is to disarm as many people as possible. That lawyer has already represented a number of people trying to renew their pistol license that have been refused and they have to forfeit their weapons.

If others find out differently than what this lawyer stated, please post about it.
Lawyers always say things like that because they want you to believe that you need a lawyer and you (or your friend) will hire them to represent you. The only thing where a lawyer can help here is to help you with that that Declaracion Jurada and/or supporting documents. Then you submit all the documents online, there's just no place for a lawyer in the rest of the process. You submit the documents, they approve them or they deny them.

You need to do that Declaracion Jurada in front of a notary anyway, so it can be your lawyer's notary.

And yes, I believe that it will be really difficult this time, I'll see when I try renew mine.

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
By the way, many legal gun owners in Santo Domingo are mensajeros, that type who work for lawyers or some companies, they always drive around the city on their motos with a bag with some documents or money.... they are also the ones who always renew their license on time, because they carry the gun daily and they get stopped by police frequently. The thing is that most of them work unofficially, so what can they put in their Declaracion Jurada? Just state the fact that they work as mensajeros with no supporting documents at all. Will MIP cancel all their licenses because being mensajero is not a reason to have a gun now? I don't think so. The same is about taxi drivers. We will see what happens later this year when more people will complain.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
And street lights too! Wonder if all those workers on bikes get to work? Wonder how many guns got turned in?
Wonder if this is close to the biggest .
. I'm sorry but really...cluster F of all time.
Btw...it's 5:25 and everything is closed.