Best place/price for quick turn around covid testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jelly

Nov 7, 2013
This question has been asked a couple times on the thread but I havent seen an actual answer, where can you get the PCR test that you need to fly into Canada? Family member who lives on north coast flying to Canada via Punta Cana next week. Will need a PCR test on the north coast. Thoughts?

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
Will need a PCR test on the north coast. Thoughts?
According to the US Embassy…….

CENTRO MÉDICO BOURNIGAL
Address: Calle Antera Mota 138, Puerto Plata 57000
Phone: +1 809-586-2342
Hours: Open 24 hours
PCR test: ~RD$ 4,500.00 – results within 5 days
Notes: No appointment needed.  Persons seeking walk-in tests must go directly to the Emergency Room. No referral needed.

CENTRO MÉDICO CABARETE
Address: Carretera Sosua Cabarete Km 1
Email: CMC.Sosua@gmail.com
Phone: +1 809-571-4696
Hours: 24 hours
PCR test: RD$ 4,400
Notes: No referral needed. Test available 24 hours via emergency room.

LABORATORIO REFERENCIA
Address: C/Antera Mota #70, Plaza Milano, Región Norte, Puerto Plata 57000
Phone: +1 809-261-8181
PCR test: RD$ 4,300
Notes: Results after 48 hours. Call for appointment (no WhatsApp). Must send ID, insurance card, and prescription/referral from doctor if using insurance. If not using insurance, no prescription/referral needed.

alke

Apr 7, 2021
Dominican Republic
According to the US Embassy…….

CENTRO MÉDICO BOURNIGAL
Address: Calle Antera Mota 138, Puerto Plata 57000
Phone: +1 809-586-2342
Hours: Open 24 hours
PCR test: ~RD$ 4,500.00 – results within 5 days
Notes: No appointment needed.  Persons seeking walk-in tests must go directly to the Emergency Room. No referral needed.

CENTRO MÉDICO CABARETE
Address: Carretera Sosua Cabarete Km 1
Email: CMC.Sosua@gmail.com
Phone: +1 809-571-4696
Hours: 24 hours
PCR test: RD$ 4,400
Notes: No referral needed. Test available 24 hours via emergency room.

LABORATORIO REFERENCIA
Address: C/Antera Mota #70, Plaza Milano, Región Norte, Puerto Plata 57000
Phone: +1 809-261-8181
PCR test: RD$ 4,300
Notes: Results after 48 hours. Call for appointment (no WhatsApp). Must send ID, insurance card, and prescription/referral from doctor if using insurance. If not using insurance, no prescription/referral needed.
The individual is Canadian though. Not all of these tests will NOT meet Canadian requirements.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
This question has been asked a couple times on the thread but I havent seen an actual answer, where can you get the PCR test that you need to fly into Canada? Family member who lives on north coast flying to Canada via Punta Cana next week. Will need a PCR test on the north coast. Thoughts?
Can you give update / details on this ? I assume they are flying today or tomorrow on Air Canada ?

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
AC still has no direct flights from anywhere in the DR to anywhere in Canada. The person will have to fly thru the US and the catch a flight from the US to one of 4 airports in Canada or walk across. If they choose to fly they are still subject to the 3 day mandatory hotel stay up to July 5. Calgary still has not charged anyone for refusing the hotel stay. The 14 day quarantine plan is still in effect as well.

In the PC area Centro Medical will do an expediated PCR test for $80.00 USD and have it within 24 hours. I speak from experience as I did all this 2 weeks ago.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
I'm not sure if you guys are still looking at this thread for COVID tests or not. If so, Gabriela was tested Wednesday for a Friday flight. US only requires the fast test, but everyone else want's to see the PCR so back to the lab for the PCR test. "Labotorio Clinico Puerto Plata did Gaby's tests and got the results back to her on the same day.. NOTE Countries we're dealing with don't recognize any vaccinations other than Pfizer, Maderna, Johnson and Johnson, and azure or whatever.. So as usual, I figure "The in crowd" will say bullshit, so I'm attaching her test showing same day results..
Gaby's PCR COVID Test 6.2021.jpg

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
AC still has no direct flights from anywhere in the DR to anywhere in Canada. The person will have to fly thru the US and the catch a flight from the US to one of 4 airports in Canada or walk across. If they choose to fly they are still subject to the 3 day mandatory hotel stay up to July 5. Calgary still has not charged anyone for refusing the hotel stay. The 14 day quarantine plan is still in effect as well.

In the PC area Centro Medical will do an expediated PCR test for $80.00 USD and have it within 24 hours. I speak from experience as I did all this 2 weeks ago.
AC flying into Punta Cana and back to Toronto starting today. Saturday and Sunday only. AC1920 and AC1921

AC1920
YZTORONTO, CANADA
PUJPUNTA CANA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
left GATE E73Toronto Pearson Int'l - YYZ
arrived at TERMINAL BPunta Cana Int'l - PUJ
SATURDAY 26-JUN-202109:03AM EDT
(on time)
SATURDAY 26-JUN-202112:55PM AST
(on time)

AC1921
YYZTORONTO, CANADA
left TERMINAL BPunta Cana Int'l - PUJ
arriving at GATE E79Toronto Pearson Int'l - YYZ
SATURDAY 26-JUN-202102:46PM AST
(4 minutes early)
SATURDAY 26-JUN-202107:01PM EDT
(4 minutes early)

Reactions: melphis

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
I'm not sure if you guys are still looking at this thread for COVID tests or not. If so, Gabriela was tested Wednesday for a Friday flight. US only requires the fast test, but everyone else want's to see the PCR so back to the lab for the PCR test. "Labotorio Clinico Puerto Plata did Gaby's tests and got the results back to her on the same day.. NOTE Countries we're dealing with don't recognize any vaccinations other than Pfizer, Maderna, Johnson and Johnson, and azure or whatever.. So as usual, I figure "The in crowd" will say bullshit, so I'm attaching her test showing same day results.. View attachment 4597
I agree @Cdn_Gringo, this is a 2,000 pesos antigen test

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I agree @Cdn_Gringo, this is a 2,000 pesos antigen test
The tell is the amount of time from test to results. A true RT-PCT or LAMP-PCR Covid test as required just cannot be processed in 24 hours in this country at this time. I am told that many if not all of these true PCR test samples have to be sent to Santo Domingo for processing. Therefore a 48 hour processing time would be a minimum I would think. Many labs doing testing include the letters PCR in their test names but these are not real PCR DNA tests. Some lucky travelers seem to be able to get past the immigration checks with these unapproved tests so I am not sure how often producing the wrong test results results in a problem for an arriving traveler to Canada. I would think that using any covid test from a lab not on the approved list would be like buying a lottery ticket. Much much easier and cheaper to satisfy the testing requirements for the USA here in the DR.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Also, at the bottom of the test it says if you have symptoms and the test is negative to confirm the test result with an RT-PCR test.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
AC flying into Punta Cana and back to Toronto starting today. Saturday and Sunday only. AC1920 and AC1921

AC1920
YZTORONTO, CANADA
left GATE E73Toronto Pearson Int'l - YYZ
arrived at TERMINAL BPunta Cana Int'l - PUJ
SATURDAY 26-JUN-202109:03AM EDT
(on time)
SATURDAY 26-JUN-202112:55PM AST
(on time)

AC1921
YYZTORONTO, CANADA
left TERMINAL BPunta Cana Int'l - PUJ
arriving at GATE E79Toronto Pearson Int'l - YYZ
SATURDAY 26-JUN-202102:46PM AST
(4 minutes early)
SATURDAY 26-JUN-202107:01PM EDT
(4 minutes early)
It appears AC cancelled today's flight (Sunday). Sunwing shows one but they are not flying here at the moment. Any one returning to Toronto yesterday is still subject to 14 days quarantine plus the 3 day mandatory hotel quarantine.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
It appears AC cancelled today's flight (Sunday). Sunwing shows one but they are not flying here at the moment. Any one returning to Toronto yesterday is still subject to 14 days quarantine plus the 3 day mandatory hotel quarantine.

According to Govt of Canada Website :

Recently recovered from COVID-19
Persons recovered from COVID-19 must have proof of a positive COVID-19 molecular test taken between 14 to 90 days before travel

Exempt from pre-entry test
Exempt from arrival test
Exempt from Day-8 test
Quarantine required
Exempt from mandatory hotel stopover

What is not clear is if these exemptions are only effective July 5/2021

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
According to Govt of Canada Website :

Recently recovered from COVID-19
Persons recovered from COVID-19 must have proof of a positive COVID-19 molecular test taken between 14 to 90 days before travel

Exempt from pre-entry test
Exempt from arrival test
Exempt from Day-8 test
Quarantine required
Exempt from mandatory hotel stopover

What is not clear is if these exemptions are only effective July 5/2021
It's not July 5th yet. Anybody flying from the DR (or anywhere) prior to July 5th are subject to today's rules. Not the ones that take effect July 5.
It's clear as day from what is posted on the government web site.
As you mentioned people that can prove a positive test within the last 90 days are pretty much exempt from all the rules. That has been in place for several months.
It doesn't make a lot of sense but then it's the Canadian federal government. You can't expect them to think and talk at the same time.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014

jstarebel, did you have this PCR test done at the office in Puerto Plata or did you use a satellite office elsewhere? Always on the lookout for quick testing options should one become necessary.

Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.