E-Ticket (Can't enter the DR without this)

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I will stand by these words:

A given airline on a given day for a given customer may or may not demand the E-Ticket.

A given airline on a given day for a given customer going to the the DR may or may not demand to see a return ticket or proof of legal residency.
They may ask for an E Ticket, but they cannot deny boarding if you don't have one. That is the policy, like it or not..................

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
They may ask for an E Ticket, but they cannot deny boarding if you don't have one. That is the policy, like it or not..................
Don't really care one way or the other. Just want to know what works best.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I will stand by these words:

A given airline on a given day for a given customer may or may not demand the E-Ticket.

A given airline on a given day for a given customer going to the the DR may or may not demand to see a return ticket or proof of legal residency.
That seems to cover just about every possibility, so you're probably right!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Furthermore, the fellow across from me tried to do the eticket but got on a site that wanted to CHARGE him.

I set him straight.....

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

Sky I know you work at an airport, but how can you know the policy of all airlines that fly to DR? Are you absolutely certain that TUI or Air France or Avianca could not deny you boarding for not having an e-Ticket? All airlines have it in their conditions of carriage that they will deny boarding if you don't have the appropriate documentation to enter the country you are flying to, and Timatic is saying that an e-Ticket is required. So how can you be sure that they will not be permitted to do this? I am fully aware that you believe they probably won't, but I cannot see how you can see that they could not.

Reactions: cavok and windeguy

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Sky I know you work at an airport, but how can you know the policy of all airlines that fly to DR? Are you absolutely certain that TUI or Air France or Avianca could not deny you boarding for not having an e-Ticket? All airlines have it in their conditions of carriage that they will deny boarding if you don't have the appropriate documentation to enter the country you are flying to, and Timatic is saying that an e-Ticket is required. So how can you be sure that they will not be permitted to do this? I am fully aware that you believe they probably won't, but I cannot see how you can see that they could not.
For the record I don't work at the airport. I trained Special Forces for the FAD. So I know the people at San Isidro that run the airports. The E Ticket speeds up Customs and is heavily promoted by the Govt. But it will never interfere with the tourist industry by denying boarding to anyone.

Think about newspapers Worldwide reporting of a family booking at Punta Cana for thousands of dollars and being denied boarding for failure to fill out a form they may not even know exists. You really think the DR Govt. is dumb enough to allow that publicity?

If anyone ever noticed what happens at Customs when you hand the blue form over and what the agent does with it. I will tell you and I am sure that others would agree. He or She puts it on the side counter never reading it. Well the blue forms pile up and every so often a guy with a large manila envelope takes them away. I am not at liberty to post on a public forum what happens to the forms when he leaves......................

Reactions: Rattus_Rattus

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
For the record I don't work at the airport. I trained Special Forces for the FAD. So I know the people at San Isidro that run the airports. The E Ticket speeds up Customs and is heavily promoted by the Govt. But it will never interfere with the tourist industry by denying boarding to anyone.

Think about newspapers Worldwide reporting of a family booking at Punta Cana for thousands of dollars and being denied boarding for failure to fill out a form they may not even know exists. You really think the DR Govt. is dumb enough to allow that publicity?

If anyone ever noticed what happens at Customs when you hand the blue form over and what the agent does with it. I will tell you and I am sure that others would agree. He or She puts it on the side counter never reading it. Well the blue forms pile up and every so often a guy with a large manila envelope takes them away. I am not at liberty to post on a public forum what happens to the forms when he leaves......................

I just think it's a bit misleading to say on a public forum "You cannot be denied boarding because you don't have an e-ticket". It's very different to you saying that in your opinion nobody will be.

Also you seem to think just about tourists flying into PUJ. I'm pretty sure that most of the traffic flying into SDQ is not tourism, there is a large contigent of returning Dominicans, VFR (Visiting Friends and Relatives) and business traffic. If Iberia denied boarding to a Dominican returning to see his mum, that wouldn't make headlines even on DominicanToday. Iberia just love denying boarding by the way, that's the holy grail for their check-in agents.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Misleading on a public forum is EXACTLY what you are doing by inferring people will be denied boarding for not having the E Ticket. Now when it happens if you have not died of old age please let us know........................

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes... To the above question.

Now, will anyone be denied boarding for the lack of an E-Ticket? I have no idea. I thought it was "required", but it seems not, so who knows?

At the moment the E-Ticket is yet another silly bit about the DR.

Reactions: MariaRubia

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
You seem to be talking about passengers departing the DR. How could you ;possibly know what some airline in the US or any other country may require to check-in for a flight to the DR? A family in the US(or anywhere) that is not allowed to check in for a flight to Punta Cana will never make the news.

DBL J

Sin bin
May 18, 2021
States
My Experience flying into D.R. (Santo Domingo) two weeks ago on Spirit; no mention of E-ticket, however i was aware of it and attempted to complete it. I was unable to get very far because they ask for the town you are from as a drop box of options, you can't simply type in your town. Thus, my small town of 170 or so residents wasn't an option, apparantly we don't exist 😅🤣😆, that is why we are called "flyover country". I was surprised by the dropdown box approach, by doing it that way it appears they would need to input every single town in the world on the backside of the system.....which in my case didn't happen; so that was the end of trying to fill out the E-ticket. On the plane before landing their wasno talk of an E-ti ket and airline staff followed the traditional bit of handing out two forms to folks. Don't get me wrong, i have no problem completing an E-ticket even though I'm more of a "make a grocery list with pen and paper" type, but to think i would have been denied boarding because of that, until all the kinks are worked out, a policy like that would make for a lot of pissed off travelers..... i imagine it will improve over time but right now the E-ticket system needs to be bulked up to make its use a requirement.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Why not just select a town near near you that is on the list? Who's ever going to know? The purpose is just to gather geographical data on where tourists are coming from.

DBL J

Sin bin
May 18, 2021
States
They asked for my town, if they asked for my region or state no problem. I simply wanted to provide accurate information.... as an aside i did try to do that very thing because my office is 8 miles down the road in an even smaller town, same result.

DBL J

Sin bin
May 18, 2021
States
Yes, most certainly and in the future, now that I'm "in the know" i will simply list my county seat or even the capital, but at the time i didn't want to provide false information, plus i knew the forms were still being used

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You seem to be talking about passengers departing the DR. How could you ;possibly know what some airline in the US or any other country may require to check-in for a flight to the DR? A family in the US(or anywhere) that is not allowed to check in for a flight to Punta Cana will never make the news.
You just don't get it. No airline in the World can deny boarding without the Dominican Government demanding it. And the DR Govt. is NOT going to ruin their bread and butter by demanding it. Planes come form all places in the World, it is hard enough to fill out the form by people here. How about Russian, Polish, Japanese, French, I can so on and on. I can tell you for a fact that planes from Europe have only a fraction of E Tickets filled out......................

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
And just to add about make the news. You think if 150 people on a flight say from Paris, France, etc. were denied boarding for failure to fill out a form online it would NOT MAKE THE NEWS? The tabloids would eat this up........................

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
You just don't get it. No airline in the World can deny boarding without the Dominican Government demanding it. And the DR Govt. is NOT going to ruin their bread and butter by demanding it. Planes come form all places in the World, it is hard enough to fill out the form by people here. How about Russian, Polish, Japanese, French, I can so on and on. I can tell you for a fact that planes from Europe have only a fraction of E Tickets filled out......................
I think it's you that doesn't get it. The government has already informed airlines that the E-Ticket is required to enter the DR. I think it's pretty obvious that flights from countries for which the language isn't provided will still have the paper forms to fill out. The system is still too new for the government to start demanding that it be enforced and they know it.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
And just to add about make the news. You think if 150 people on a flight say from Paris, France, etc. were denied boarding for failure to fill out a form online it would NOT MAKE THE NEWS? The tabloids would eat this up........................
Once people become aware of the requirement and all the kinks are worked out, people will gladly fill out the E-Ticket. You're presenting a hypothetical situation that will NEVER happen.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Once people become aware of the requirement and all the kinks are worked out, people will gladly fill out the E-Ticket. You're presenting a hypothetical situation that will NEVER happen.
You are in a coma. The DR Govt. has NOT told any airline to deny boarding with no E Ticket. And they NEVER will. Look at the posts by people coming here. No one even mentions it at boarding. You can fill it out or enter with the blue form.....

I am done on this. You can post all the nonsense you want. I will eat the same breakfast tomorrow anyway................