Problems with Vaccines.. past and present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

This is where it came from. You can also buy sweatshirts there if you like. Great reputation for news and longevity. Online for 2 years...............Where do people dig this up from?
Well look at the facts - they are spelled out. Seems to me the ones who complain most about conservative news sites being conspiracy junk are the ones who swallowed the whole Russia Russia made up conspiracy hook, line,, sinker, rod and reel.

BillyBall

Sin bin
Aug 3, 2021
On my boat
It was a different time then , you and me where our parents TV antenna, back then things where black and white… today everything is in colour computers in your pocket with google , a computer program developed the vaccine ! Over 4 billion served..sounds like McDonald’s commercial..

I just finished listening to a podcast about how the Moderna and Pfizer, and others too, came to be able to be created and implemented so fast and with suh success.

Podcast: People I mostly admire

espiode 9

Well worth the effort to seek it out and have a listen.

Reactions: CottageCountry

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
"Efficacy is the degree to which a vaccine prevents disease, and possibly also transmission, under ideal and controlled circumstances – comparing a vaccinated group with a placebo group. Effectiveness meanwhile refers to how well it performs in the real world. Although a vaccine that has high efficacy – such as Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine with 94.5% efficacy and Pfizer’s with 90% efficacy – would be expected to be highly effective in the real world, it is unlikely to translate into the same effectiveness in practice."
The circumstances are only ideal and controlled in the sense that some vaccines have to be stored within a certain temperature range and some volunteers are automatically excluded due to specific underlying medical conditions or medications taken.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I've become a fan of https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-liberty-loft/ for checking bias and tend to place less value on sites of both extremes and those with a history of not telling the truth.

Why would anyone place high value on a site like Liberty Loft which is known to lie?
Please go back to the article and tell us which details that were spelled out about patents for the spike proteins you dispute.
Patent numbers were given for some of them, with names of patent owners and even links to a patent lookup site. If you find the article to have no factual information we would all like to see what you found.

Yes Liberty Loft tends to the right, but that does not mean they make up facts, like the FBI, CNN or the NY Times.

Conservative websites may not be hip in the "I'm-woke-and-look-at-me-I'm-a-progressive" circles, but they tend to be much better harbingers of truth than multiple sites which said such stupid things as "BLM riots were mostly peaceful", or placing blame for every ill on the former leader. It isn't working anymore, and this is why we must remain so skeptical and delve into the vaccines and spike proteins and who created this virus. It was not a pangolin in the Chinese wet market and those that believe than are just who those in power like to mold like a clay rabbit in Caddy Shack.

We will never find real truths if world wide news & social media keeps trying to steer the outcome of thought to that fantasy they have spun the last dozen years.

I wish every news program was like Huntley Brinkley. ( For you youngsters who don't remember them, in the 50s and 60s they just gave facts with dead pan faces and not adding their personal bias.)

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Jan 9, 2004
The circumstances are only ideal and controlled in the sense that some vaccines have to be stored within a certain temperature range and some volunteers are automatically excluded due to specific underlying medical conditions or medications taken.
Each volunteer also undergoes a physical exam, blood test and urine sample even before they are allowed into the study. They do not take a real world sampling of people, thus the efficacy numbers may not equate to effectiveness.

Additionally, volunteers are routinely excluded if they do not show up for their appointments on time, exhibit any body temperature changes outside the study limits............ditto their blood and urine samples taken each time they have an appointment.

The studies are indeed attempting to test under an ideal or controlled environment, that generally does not replicate society as a whole, but rather a group that have benign medical histories, are within certain age ranges and that encompass various ethnic backgrounds within the test range.................

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Well it seems sad one part of the family would impose such harsh restrictions on you visiting your daughter's family.
Especially if the son's family is vaccinated.
But since they live nearby and I assume your son is farther away and your helping with her grandkids you will carry on as is.
We do know now, something that was doubted before, that the fully vaccinated can still be carriers.

Reactions: jd426

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This type of corona virus will not be going away...
We'll be seeing it or a variant of it for years to come - perhaps regularly
Something I said since day 1.

CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay. With new information, Now we know for sure that the fully vaccinated can still become infected and pass it on. The vaccinations don't kill the virus, they just reduce the possibility of death and severe illness.

We also know that vaccinations fade in value/efficacy over time. This was likely and is now known to be true.

Those who want vaccinations have them. The only way to get more vaccinated is to force them by law or relegate them to second class citizens that are denied access to locations or services. Some interesting social constructs are developing along those lines.

Now, back to the DR specifically, how long before we see the Delta India Bravo surge/wave in the DR? It happening in many places now:

DBL J

Sin bin
May 18, 2021
States
Please go back to the article and tell us which details that were spelled out about patents for the spike proteins you dispute.
Patent numbers were given for some of them, with names of patent owners and even links to a patent lookup site. If you find the article to have no factual information we would all like to see what you found.

Yes Liberty Loft tends to the right, but that does not mean they make up facts, like the FBI, CNN or the NY Times.

Conservative websites may not be hip in the "I'm-woke-and-look-at-me-I'm-a-progressive" circles, but they tend to be much better harbingers of truth than multiple sites which said such stupid things as "BLM riots were mostly peaceful", or placing blame for every ill on the former leader. It isn't working anymore, and this is why we must remain so skeptical and delve into the vaccines and spike proteins and who created this virus. It was not a pangolin in the Chinese wet market and those that believe than are just who those in power like to mold like a clay rabbit in Caddy Shack.

We will never find real truths if world wide news & social media keeps trying to steer the outcome of thought to that fantasy they have spun the last dozen years.

I wish every news program was like Huntley Brinkley. ( For you youngsters who don't remember them, in the 50s and 60s they just gave facts with dead pan faces and not adding their personal bias.)
From my perspective, it is often not about making up facts (although that does sometimes happen) but about context. So yes. The "facts" surrounding patents might be spot on. You can look them up, see who applied, and even get their names and what the patent was all about.

However, is it possible that large companies engaged in R&D or innovation routinely patent new discoveries?

Then this David Martin fella weaves a narrative that might seam plausible to those that want to believe the "truthiness" of it all.

Not my words but I often think of this saying when confronted by something that sounds slightly off..... "those that control the narrative control the world, those that can see through the narrative, know the truth"

DBL J

Sin bin
May 18, 2021
States
And yes, the russia hoax is part of that narrative, right, left, up,down, the world is full of those that would deceive for their own benefit. The good news is that most of us have B.S. detectors sitting in our pockets (phones)

Reactions: SCristo

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Each volunteer also undergoes a physical exam, blood test and urine sample even before they are allowed into the study. They do not take a real world sampling of people, thus the efficacy numbers may not equate to effectiveness.

Additionally, volunteers are routinely excluded if they do not show up for their appointments on time, exhibit any body temperature changes outside the study limits............ditto their blood and urine samples taken each time they have an appointment.

The studies are indeed attempting to test under an ideal or controlled environment, that generally does not replicate society as a whole, but rather a group that have benign medical histories, are within certain age ranges and that encompass various ethnic backgrounds within the test range.................

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
The trials were specifically designed for healthy adults. It was considered too risky to give the vaccine to people with certain medical conditions, and that's still true today. The same applies to children and they still haven't been approved for the vaccine either. It only makes sense not to include someone who missed an appointment since they would now have incomplete data on that individual.

To me, these trials are less than ideal. Ideally, they would not have had to exclude those who were.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
People need to take their heads out of the sand or whatever propaganda news site they are stuck on and see what is actually happening in the World today............................-
Thank you for the Comedy ... Sincerely

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

Delta variant is dramatically spreading among unvaccinated Americans​

The vaccines themselves are nothing short of remarkable in their effectiveness at protecting against COVID-19.
Unvaccinated people, by comparison, are extremely susceptible to the coronavirus, particularly to the delta variant and the data on deaths and hospitalizations show this discrepancy clearly.

what-makes-the-delta-variant-of-covid-19-so-dangerous-for-unvaccinated-people-11627637402

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I did a quick read this morning of yesterday's trading activities in the stock market and the reasons behind all "the positive ".
Suffice it to say, in regards to the matter of covid 19 in the DR, and how we're doing", we have (here) an awful lot of catching up to do.
For example: 1 million new jobs for July in the US. Think more money/more tourist. Airlines mandating all employees to be vaxed. Think safer travel in the eyes of the tourist. It goes on and on and I sure hope we keep the pace of the modern world. "Keep your feets moving" should be the mantra.
Wishing a good weekend to all.

Well look at the facts - they are spelled out. Seems to me the ones who complain most about conservative news sites being conspiracy junk are the ones who swallowed the whole Russia Russia made up conspiracy hook, line,, sinker, rod and reel.

There are many sides to this and it's not as simple as some are trying to portray it. For me I don't blindly believe anything as originally posted. If I find it compelling enough I'll have a good look at a variety of sources and make my own mind up.

For example I don't buy into blaming it all on Russia nor that there are or will be forced vaccinations. Clearly some people in charge whether government or private sector/companies are moving quickly towards limiting the options of the unvaccinated, which may, hopefully, encourage enough of the doubters and those opposed to get vaxxed just to keep their options.

I know people completely against the vaccines, for whatever reasons, who quickly got both shots so that they could freely travel, within the current limitations and have been away multiple times during Covid.

Other agencies are offering bribes, lottery tickets, etc and it seems to be working.

Whatever your stance I think we should not be forcing anyone, but I also think we should do whatever is necessary to get and keep Covid under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.