Good Experience With Sinovac At Bournigal In POP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Saw my doctor today at Bournigal. Her specialty is the respiratory system so she is very much in the know about what is happening there re covid. When I made a disparaging comment about Sinovac, she smiled and said I should know that to date the hospital has not treated one person that got the Sinovac vaccine

This. of course, doesn't mean nobody that got Sinovac got Covid. But if they did, they were not sick enough to require hospitalization

Even so, she has gotten the Pfizer booster and said I can, too, now that I have recovered from pneumonia

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Is Jumbo still offering the pfizer daily? I don't want to delay any longer

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Saw my doctor today at Bournigal. Her specialty is the respiratory system so she is very much in the know about what is happening there re covid. When I made a disparaging comment about Sinovac, she smiled and said I should know that to date the hospital has not treated one person that got the Sinovac vaccine

This. of course, doesn't mean nobody that got Sinovac got Covid. But if they did, they were not sick enough to require hospitalization

Even so, she has gotten the Pfizer booster and said I can, too, now that I have recovered from pneumonia
You mean this Doctor knows more than the "Experts" on DR1. Can't be...................

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
You mean this Doctor knows more than the "Experts" on DR1. Can't be...................
I think most of our good Doctors along with a few of our DR1 Intellects are currently on vacation.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013

Did she mention if she has mixed the Sinovac with the Pfizer vaccine? It would be great to know as my wife and I have both had the 2 shots of Sinovac but know one seems to have any data on mixing Sinovac with other vaccines.
Canada is now discussing that even inter-provincial air travelers will have to show proof of a Canadian approved vaccine

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Did she mention if she has mixed the Sinovac with the Pfizer vaccine? It would be great to know as my wife and I have both had the 2 shots of Sinovac but know one seems to have any data on mixing Sinovac with other vaccines.
Canada is now discussing that even inter-provincial air travelers will have to show proof of a Canadian approved vaccine
Yes, she started with the two Sinovac and then got the Pfizer. She knew I would be doing the same.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Yes, she started with the two Sinovac and then got the Pfizer. She knew I would be doing the same.
Did you get your Pfizer shot yet and if so have you had any reactions. I am going this am and just curious. I contacted Alberta Health Services and they said that to date they do not have any factual data but the only thing a person could experience is the side effects could be more noticeable. Tenderness in the arm, redness, fatigue, headache, etc.

I will let you know if I develop zombie like conditions later in the weekend.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Just for the record, I had my 2 Sinovac injections a while back and no reaction whatsoever. I followed up with the single Pfizer vaccine in July and again no side effects at all except for a slight bruising at the injection site which lasted just a couple of days.

Reactions: Squat and melphis

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Just for the record, I had my 2 Sinovac injections a while back and no reaction whatsoever. I followed up with the single Pfizer vaccine in July and again no side effects at all except for a slight bruising at the injection site which lasted just a couple of days.
Thanks for the info. We just got back from the first Pfizer shot. No immediate effects and I cant see any happening as the Sinovac shots where March and April. We are booked Sept 17 for the second Pfizer shot.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Thanks for the info. We just got back from the first Pfizer shot. No immediate effects and I cant see any happening as the Sinovac shots where March and April. We are booked Sept 17 for the second Pfizer shot.
I was told in Jamao where I received all the shots that only one Pfizer is available currently so will need to look into that further.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I was told in Jamao where I received all the shots that only one Pfizer is available currently so will need to look into that further.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
We decided to get 2 shots of Pfizer. Very few countries recognize Sinovac and both Canadian and US airlines are considering no flying without proof of 2 approved vaccine shots. Unfortunately the governments have us over a barrel if we want to travel.

So we will end up with a total of 4 vaccines each as the foot dragging continues.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Well I have had 4 doses and do not feel any the worse for it , even well into my ninth decade . Not even a headache . Many countries recognise Sinovac but none where you particularly want to go to .

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I hope I make it to 9 decades. Congratulations on no side effects.

Feb 7, 2007
Did you get your Pfizer shot yet and if so have you had any reactions. I am going this am and just curious. I contacted Alberta Health Services and they said that to date they do not have any factual data but the only thing a person could experience is the side effects could be more noticeable. Tenderness in the arm, redness, fatigue, headache, etc.

I will let you know if I develop zombie like conditions later in the weekend.

Me and my client's wife: arm pain and neck/shoulder pain.

My client and a nice reception girl at Indotel: fever, shivers, tiredness.

This really depends on the individual.

Feb 7, 2007
Did they already book you for the second Pfizer shot (4th shot)? How did you get them do this ? Did you tell them you need it for travel or something else ?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If you turn up at a clinic without a vaccination card, I believe you are treated as if this is your first shot. You fill out the health info form, get the vaccine and a date for the second shot about a month later is noted on the back of the new vaccination card you are given. If you show your Sinovac vaccination card, there are no forms to fill out and you proceed straight to the shot. From what I hear, most who get the booster get a new vaccination card with a blank space where a second Pfizer shot can be recorded if they turn up to get it later on.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you turn up at a clinic without a vaccination card, I believe you are treated as if this is your first shot. You fill out the health info form, get the vaccine and a date for the second shot about a month later is noted on the back of the new vaccination card you are given. If you show your Sinovac vaccination card, there are no forms to fill out and you proceed straight to the shot. From what I hear, most who get the booster get a new vaccination card with a blank space where a second Pfizer shot can be recorded if they turn up to get it later on.
Correct. You do get a second card.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Did they already book you for the second Pfizer shot (4th shot)? How did you get them do this ? Did you tell them you need it for travel or something else ?
I tried to book the second Pfizer shot on line for 28 days after the first one but the website wont allow it until 28 days have passed. I guess Alberta Health thinks people can't use a calendar.
I will definitely get the second shot and if the walk in clinics are still open I will just do that if not I will book it online.
We did not tell them about the Sinovac shots as it would just complicate the hell out of it.
Its been 2 days and the only side effect is a sore arm at the injection site

Status
Not open for further replies.