Problems with Vaccines.. past and present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I had my fourth vaccine yesterday. 2 Sinovac in the DR and 2 Pfizer in Alberta. So far I have not turned into a Zombie, not sick at all, testicles are fine, (thanks for caring lol). The only thing so far is the arm is a bit sore from where they injected the vaccine.

Now I can access pretty much any venue in Alberta, BC and Saskatchewan without being turned away for not having the vaccine.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I will let your statement "You won't take any of the vaccines" stand or fall on its own merit.........
I qualified it, but feel free to continue to quibble about it.
Exactly. That study and all the other studies did not prove much............but it did make for wonderful publicity............and it did convince many to take Si No Vac..........well before even the WHO approved Si No Vac for Emergency Use Authorization only. Which, of course begs the question, why so many blindly were willing to take it.
My response was to your still baseless claim that their initial efficacy turned out to be untrue. Re-read my post as to why the efficacy was high in the Serrano study, plus the fact that you misinterpreted the 95% death efficacy number. Phase 3 trials resulted in an efficacy of 50.7%

I guess you will have to define "partner" as the Chinese understand its meaning. What outcome did you expect after the Chinese were willing to provide the means necessary for Si No Vac to be tested.
I'm still waiting for a link to your claim that the Chinese funded the studies.

Call it what you will. I happen to not trust liars/thieves..........perhaps that is an affirmative consequence deduction fallacy...........or perhaps common sense.
Or, paranoia?
But as to it being baseless, the evidence is out there...........for those who choose to see it.
If it's out there - post it. It would be refreshing to have some actual facts for a change. So far, you have offered nothing but speculation, conjecture, and deduction fallacies.
Why is Si No Vac still not accepted as a legitimate vaccine for entry into many countries?
That's already been answered.
And I fully understand the need for some to defend it and who took Si No Vac before sufficient testing and well before Emergency Use approval.
I'm not defending it. I will, however, dispute baseless claims.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
They started the strongest but failed to get enough vaxed only 58% of eligible people vaccinated..that’s why there scrambling get more vaxed :(
I think there are 2 provinces above 70 %, one above 100%.
Puerto Plata is at 69%.
The government promised all restrictions lifted at 70%. I'm wondering if they will honor that promise? Certainly they won't cede control - that's not what governments do.
I know 2 parents getting children 13 year old jabbed. With school starting that may increase?
And there will be some provinces where many rural that couldn't be bothered and won't get vaccinated

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I think there are 2 provinces above 70 %, one above 100%.
Puerto Plata is at 69%.
The government promised all restrictions lifted at 70%. I'm wondering if they will honor that promise? Certainly they won't cede control - that's not what governments do.
I know 2 parents getting children 13 year old jabbed. With school starting that may increase?
And there will be some provinces where many rural that couldn't be bothered and won't get vaccinated
The DR government has lied well with statistics to open two regions they want open. The problem with vaccines is that not enough people will get them to open any of the country if 70% vaccination is the real goal. But hey, that is just my opinion based upon the reality of the situation, not fake government numbers.

Reactions: aarhus
Jan 9, 2004
I qualified it, but feel free to continue to quibble about it.
Not to "quibble" but to clarify your statement. My response would have been different if it was posed as a question.........but it was not.

My response was to your still baseless claim that their initial efficacy turned out to be untrue. Re-read my post as to why the efficacy was high in the Serrano study, plus the fact that you misinterpreted the 95% death efficacy number. Phase 3 trials resulted in an efficacy of 50.7%

And my response was, too many people relied on those numbers coming out of all the studies.........and lined up for the jabs.......well before it was even accepted by the WHO for emergency use authorization. So it begs the question......On what basis were people taking the Si No Vac vaccine?
I'm still waiting for a link to your claim that the Chinese funded the studies.

I gave you a link from the Global Times. When China "partners" with you.........there is a quid pro quo. It is not hard to understand...........if you understand the Chinese way of doing things.

By way of example, the WHO report on the origins of Covid was a Joint Statement approved by the Chinese government. They demanded to approve it before review and release as a condition for access to the lab in Wuhan. Further they retained veto rights on which scientists/researchers/medical people were allowed into the facility............and did veto a number of individuals.
Or, paranoia?

And while I still refer to it as common sense.............some may refer to it as paranoia.................a healthy paranoia if you will.
If it's out there - post it. It would be refreshing to have some actual facts for a change. So far, you have offered nothing but speculation, conjecture, and deduction fallacies.
The multiple initial claims are out there of its prowess............and also of its less than stellar performance.........and of the deaths of people after taking Covid. Lots of it posted in many of the Covid threads here............
That's already been answered.
And that should provide one with the common sense I refer to.............or in your words "paranoia."

I'm not defending it. I will, however, dispute baseless claims.

Again, I have read enough and posted many links about the virus, its origins and the Chinese vaccine so as to remain skeptical. That skepticism is hardly baseless.

But if you trust liars/thieves, that is your prerogative.

Has anyone seen Dr. Ai Fen or know who Dr Li Wenliang is?

When I start to see respected independent research on Si No Vac............then and only then will I start to believe that it is not mere placebo-like..............and to date research claims that have been with a "partner" carry little validity for me.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Regarding the efficacy of vaccines diminishing as time progresses, the current research has shown that a three month delay between inoculations one and two resulted in a longer high efficacy rate. A one or two month delay resulted in a lower efficacy rate over time. My Pfizer shots were two months apart. I will get the booster before I head to the DR, if it’s available.

Boosters are now available where I live for immunocompromised people. By late October I expect them to add people over 65 years old to the criteria. They will get them along with their annual flu shots. The reason for this is the significant rise in infections and deaths due to the Delta variants ability to easily effect and quickly penetrate the human body. The full threat of the Lambda variant is not known yet.

We have one province with a hospital system on the verge of collapse because of overloaded ICU’s. The Premier admitted publicly he made a mistake by opening up too soon. The doctors and nurses are asking the government to request support assistance from the Military and the Red Cross. The primary cause of this is unvaccinated people. They represent over 90% of the infected people in ICU’s in that province. The age group is interesting. The age 20 to 40 group. 24 people died in a 24 hour period. That’s a sobering statistic.

The Premier finally relented and brought in mandatory vaccination proof cards. The inoculation rate for unvaccinated people immediately jumped by 40%. Vaccination cards do work from a psychological perspective.

The Delta variant is deadly and proper vaccinations will keep you alive if your infected and reduce the long term effects of Covid infection now known as the long haul Covid effect.

We now have people in that province trying to buy Invermectin from farm supply outlets to prevent Covid infection. The problem is they are using animal grade Invermectin not meant for human use. Many are ending up in emergency rooms with complications after using the animal grade pharmaceutical. Rather than make the effort to accept the vetted science and get a proper vaccination, they accept the Invermectin misinformation on social media.

My biggest concern is, if the Delta variant rise continues in Canada and Trudeau is re-elected, he will bring back the mandatory expensive three day Covid hotel stay for Canadians returning from abroad. That would definitely affect Canadian tourist and snowbird travel to the DR.

Reactions: ejl293 and melphis

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Regarding the efficacy of vaccines diminishing as time progresses, the current research has shown that a three month delay between inoculations one and two resulted in a longer high efficacy rate. A one or two month delay resulted in a lower efficacy rate over time. My Pfizer shots were two months apart. I will get the booster before I head to the DR, if it’s available.

Boosters are now available where I live for immunocompromised people. By late October I expect them to add people over 65 years old to the criteria. They will get them along with their annual flu shots. The reason for this is the significant rise in infections and deaths due to the Delta variants ability to easily effect and quickly penetrate the human body. The full threat of the Lambda variant is not known yet.

We have one province with a hospital system on the verge of collapse because of overloaded ICU’s. The Premier admitted publicly he made a mistake by opening up too soon. The doctors and nurses are asking the government to request support assistance from the Military and the Red Cross. The primary cause of this is unvaccinated people. They represent over 90% of the infected people in ICU’s in that province. The age group is interesting. The age 20 to 40 group. 24 people died in a 24 hour period. That’s a sobering statistic.

The Premier finally relented and brought in mandatory vaccination proof cards. The inoculation rate for unvaccinated people immediately jumped by 40%. Vaccination cards do work from a psychological perspective.

The Delta variant is deadly and proper vaccinations will keep you alive if your infected and reduce the long term effects of Covid infection now known as the long haul Covid effect.

We now have people in that province trying to buy Invermectin from farm supply outlets to prevent Covid infection. The problem is they are using animal grade Invermectin not meant for human use. Many are ending up in emergency rooms with complications after using the animal grade pharmaceutical. Rather than make the effort to accept the vetted science and get a proper vaccination, they accept the Invermectin misinformation on social media.

My biggest concern is, if the Delta variant rise continues in Canada and Trudeau is re-elected, he will bring back the mandatory expensive three day Covid hotel stay for Canadians returning from abroad. That would definitely affect Canadian tourist and snowbird travel to the DR.
I did one Sinovac in May. Can I still do second? Or do I start all over

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
You can certainly get another Sinovac. My concern would be the four month delay and how that would affect the efficacy of your Sinovac shots.

I’m not a doctor. Consult with a doctor before getting your second Sinovac. The early research about mixing first and second shots was fairly positive. If you want to enter Canada and the US, Sinovac is still not approved. You need two shots from the approved list.

My friend in Costambar had two Sinovacs but needed two approved vaccinations to return to Canada. She had no trouble getting two approved vaccine shots prior to her return.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
You can certainly get another Sinovac. My concern would be the four month delay and how that would affect the efficacy of your Sinovac shots.

I’m not a doctor. Consult with a doctor before getting your second Sinovac. The early research about mixing first and second shots was fairly positive. If you want to enter Canada and the US, Sinovac is still not approved. You need two shots from the approved list.

My friend in Costambar had two Sinovacs but needed two approved vaccinations to return to Canada. She had no trouble getting two approved vaccine shots prior to her return.
I will be looking at going to Denmark via Spain next year in the summer. But would like to do a short trip to the US if I can get ESTA approved beforehand. I am thinking of starting over and doing two Pfizer shots.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I will be looking at going to Denmark via Spain next year in the summer. But would like to do a short trip to the US if I can get ESTA approved beforehand. I am thinking of starting over and doing two Pfizer shots.
Personally I’m very comfortable with my two Pfizer shots despite the latest research showing some efficacy loss.

The Pfizer shots will allow you to enter and exit more countries. Again, consult with a doctor to see if you can go straight to the Pfizer shots. Good luck in your travels.

I highly doubt the FDA will approve Sinovac in the near future.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I would switch to the Pfizer as if you plan to travel it's accepted pretty much world wide. I had 2 Sinovac (March/April) and 2 Pfizer (Aug/Sept) with no side effects.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Anyone planning to go to the USA after Nov. 1 will be looking to get a couple of Pfizer shots beginning soon I suspect regardless of the lack of detailed info on combining the vaccines that have been on offer in this country.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
not mentioned much but if your getting vaccinated out of country I would consider Moderna better on variants and accepted as much as pfizer..

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Why November 1st?
As of Nov 1. anyone entering the USA will need to be vaccinated or they will have to quarantine and possibly not allowed to board their flight. It takes about a month to get two shots of vaccine so those travelling after Nov 1 and do not have an approved vaccine will need to find a vaccine clinic soon.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
As of Nov 1. anyone entering the USA will need to be vaccinated or they will have to quarantine and possibly not allowed to board their flight. It takes about a month to get two shots of vaccine so those travelling after Nov 1 and do not have an approved vaccine will need to find a vaccine clinic soon.
I've heard that it is being proposed, but has it passed and does it include Americans?

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I've heard that it is being proposed, but has it passed and does it include Americans?

WASHINGTON—The Biden administration is easing a series of Covid-19 travel bans and will require foreign nationals seeking to fly to the U.S. to show proof of vaccination under new rules aimed in part at assuaging mounting frustration among European allies.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
And my response was, too many people relied on those numbers coming out of all the studies.........and lined up for the jabs.......well before it was even accepted by the WHO for emergency use authorization. So it begs the question......On what basis were people taking the Si No Vac vaccine?
Again, the Phase 3 trial showed 50.7% efficacy. Why are you so obsessed with Sinovac? Regarding the vaccines, I believe people should do what they feel is best for them. If everybody minded their own business and stopped worrying about and telling other people what they should do, we'd all be better off.
I gave you a link from the Global Times. When China "partners" with you.........there is a quid pro quo. It is not hard to understand...........if you understand the Chinese way of doing things.
"The Chinese partnered with Brazil - therefore, they funded the trials. This is a perfect example of an affirmative consequences deduction fallacy. Joint partnerships can be structured in many ways. Since you like to speculate, I'm going to say that the Chinese agreed to supply all the vaccine and medical equipment necessary for the trial and in return, Brazil would buy "X" number of vaccines IF the results were satisfactory.
The multiple initial claims are out there of its prowess............and also of its less than stellar performance.........and of the deaths of people after taking Covid. Lots of it posted in many of the Covid threads here............
Deaths have occurred from taking all the vaccines, albeit a very small percentage of the number of vaccines. You are 200 times more likely if unvaccinated to die from Covid than from taking the vaccine. I have never seen any number for Sinovac, although I'm sure there are.
When I start to see respected independent research on Si No Vac............then and only then will I start to believe that it is not mere placebo-like..............and to date research claims that have been with a "partner" carry little validity for me.
You're free to believe what you want. Some people believe the world is flat, but beliefs are not facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.