Warming - Is it Permanent?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
counseling,,,,,,,,,,,,,

What the Post article says and the way Breitbart reports it are rather different. The Post honestly reports the unusual cold weather in the Antarctic but points out that it is a "blip" in the general trend, while Breitbart describes the Post as having an "alarmist narrative" and is "trying to disguise the bad news".

Anyway. I know that I am outnumbered here on DR1 (unlike in the rest of the world) and nobody will listen to me, so I'll make no further contribution to this thread, which apart from the second sentence in the first post has no DR content whatsoever.
So you are feeling like a conservative professor in a university.

• Haha
Reactions: Big and NanSanPedro

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
When it was suggested that a separate thread be started, it was assumed that it would be DR related. You guys are all over the place, and if we don’t see Dominican content from here on, we’ll be done.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Given the scope of the question/topic,
it might be hard to weave in the DR....

Bit larger than that !
Global problem that affects the DR....
We're seeing it in the hurricane/trop storm count

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Given the scope of the question/topic,
it might be hard to weave in the DR....

Bit larger than that !
Global problem that affects the DR....
We're seeing it in the hurricane/trop storm count
Has the number of tropical storms and hurricanes that hit the DR increased? I am willing to bet it hasnt. Amazing there isnt more forest fires here with the heat and lack of rain.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
over the last few years... an increase?
we can look it up...
more storms- not affecting because =
number of storms increase but the warmer ocean waters allow faster development - stronger storms
The stronger the spin- the more they float north before getting tom us

Ask FisherMan... he posted it - as I remember

the las 2-3 have gone north before the Leeeward Islands

Reactions: ben jammin

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
FB_IMG_1633473686095.jpg

Reactions: reilleyp

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Touche.

And climate cycles are said to move from glacial to interglacial periods over the course of 100,000 years..............at least that has been determined to be the case for the last million years or so;

So the world, at least based on history, is not likely to end in 12 years due to global warming.........as some have so loudly proclaimed.......to try and fit an agenda.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Well here are some eggheads, fake news explaining global warming due to the actives of about 8 billion population.
Pretending to be smart and knowing something, the climate has always been changing, right?
Strange how some on dr1 are smarter than any scientist wether on climate or covid.

The co-winners of the 2021 Nobel Prize in physics (from left) Syukuro Manabe, Klaus Hasselmann and Giorgio Parisi on a screen at the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences in Stockholm, on October 5.

Press release: The Nobel Prize in Physics 2021​

Physics for climate and other complex phenomena​

Three Laureates share this year’s Nobel Prize in Physics for their studies of chaotic and apparently random phenomena. Syukuro Manabe and Klaus Hasselmann laid the foundation of our knowledge of the Earth’s climate and how humanity influences it. Giorgio Parisi is rewarded for his revolutionary contributions to the theory of disordered materials and random processes.

Complex systems are characterised by randomness and disorder and are difficult to understand. This year’s Prize recognises new methods for describing them and predicting their long-term behaviour.

One complex system of vital importance to humankind is Earth’s climate. Syukuro Manabedemonstrated how increased levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere lead to increased temperatures at the surface of the Earth. In the 1960s, he led the development of physical models of the Earth’s climate and was the first person to explore the interaction between radiation balance and the vertical transport of air masses. His work laid the foundation for the development of current climate models.

About ten years later, Klaus Hasselmann created a model that links together weather and climate, thus answering the question of why climate models can be reliable despite weather being changeable and chaotic. He also developed methods for identifying specific signals, fingerprints, that both natural phenomena and human activities imprint in he climate. His methods have been used to prove that the increased temperature in the atmosphere is due to human emissions of carbon dioxide.

Around 1980, Giorgio Parisi discovered hidden patterns in disordered complex materials. His discoveries are among the most important contributions to the theory of complex systems. They make it possible to understand and describe many different and apparently entirely random materials and phenomena, not only in physics but also in other, very different areas, such as mathematics, biology, neuroscience and machine learning.

“The discoveries being recognised this year demonstrate that our knowledge about the climate rests on a solid scientific foundation, based on a rigorous analysis of observations. This year’s Laureates have all contributed to us gaining deeper insight into the properties and evolution of complex physical systems,” says Thors Hans Hansson, chair of the Nobel Committee for Physics.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Shutting down world economies because of the virus reduced global carbon emissions by 6.5% in 2020, yet in July 2021 we have record high temperatures. No scientist can articulate exactly what percentage we need to reduce by annually, to decrease world temperatures by 1 degree. I am all about clean skies and fresh air and water. My house that is nearly complete in the DR will be 100% off grid. Solar, wind, cistern etc. However I am tired of celebrities and politicians making me feel bad for merely existing while they fly around in private jets.

Reactions: JD Jones and Big

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Shutting down world economies because of the virus reduced global carbon emissions by 6.5% in 2020, yet in July 2021 we have record high temperatures. No scientist can articulate exactly what percentage we need to reduce by annually, to decrease world temperatures by 1 degree. I am all about clean skies and fresh air and water. My house that is nearly complete in the DR will be 100% off grid. Solar, wind, cistern etc. However I am tired of celebrities and politicians making me feel bad for merely existing while they fly around in private jets.
if its not gasoline, natural gas or diesel I am not interested.

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
over the last few years... an increase?
we can look it up...
more storms- not affecting because =
number of storms increase but the warmer ocean waters allow faster development - stronger storms
The stronger the spin- the more they float north before getting tom us

Ask FisherMan... he posted it - as I remember

the las 2-3 have gone north before the Leeeward Islands
Correct. It's only been a few years back that a couple of monsters hit St Martin and East coast of PR. Shift them a bit farther south and big trouble for the DR. Just like with earthquakes much better to be hit with a bunch of babies than one mother storm (no offense ladies) :)