Ivermectin to treat Covid in the Dominican Republic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
At first, I thought she was going crazy, but my wife said our French friend in LT was treated for Covid using Ivermectin.

Then I read this:

IVERMECTIN IN THE DR

Has anybody in this forum had success using it?

I thought it was for use by veterinarians.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Ivermectin has been used in millions upon millions of humans.

What it does for CV19? I have no idea other than reading about it.

Reactions: jd426

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
At first, I thought she was going crazy, but my wife said our French friend in LT was treated for Covid using Ivermectin.

Then I read this:

IVERMECTIN IN THE DR

Has anybody in this forum had success using it?

I thought it was for use by veterinarians.
That's the narrative constantly put out by the fake news MSM. It's been approved for human use since 1994. It's sold in all the farmacias here OTC. Buy some and give it a try.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I'm still looking for a reputable clinical trial either proving or disproving its effectiveness with CV19. While Ivermectin is available at most pharmacies, it is a powerful anti-parasitic and you can do yourself some serious damage if you get the dosage wrong. Even though you can buy lots of different medications here OTC it is not always a good idea to self-prescribe unless you know exactly what you are doing, why and how to use the medication safely. Looking a drug up on the internet may not be sufficient.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Of course. Go to your doc and ask. I personally know of two people that were successfully treated by their docs with Ivermectin and some other drugs

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
There was a whole thread on this topic not that long ago.
We use Ivermectin to treat parasitic infections in livestock. Ex: worms, lice, mange.
Dosage is extremely important. When we use the pour on version to treat cattle, it’s handled extremely carefully. As in we have to do it outside and not in the barn for ventilation, treated cows cannot be sold for meat for a certain period of time, and there are time restrictions on milk treated dairy cows.
I use an oral version for my horses. It is the active ingredient in many horse dewormers.

How False Science Created a Covid “Miracle” Drug

We had problems with a cow about a month ago. I asked the attending veterinarian (of the Dr. Pol or James Herriot vintage and experience) about Ivermectin as a Covid treatment. He worked at universities during the BSE (mad cow) crisis studying infectious disease.
He said if people are stupid enough to take it, then we sit back and watch Darwinism work.
Maybe the BBC and all the other articles that come up in my Google search about this topic are part of a large global conspiracy and Ivermectin is a miracle drug. I’m going to trust the vets opinion & experience on the topic.
That’s my choice and opinion based on my experience, just as everyone else is entitled to theirs.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Reactions: zoomzx11 and Grampa

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You want a drug for negating Covid this could be it.

Pfizer reported earlier this month that its pill cut hospitalizations and deaths by 89% among high-risk adults who had early symptoms of COVID-19.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I guess the writing is on the wall for Ivermectin. As with a Cold and the regular Flu, those needing medical treatment to fight off CV19 are still limited to supportive therapy to try and outlast the virus in a hospital setting. Seems we have yet to identify a specific drug or combination of drugs that will kill off this virus in the body or prevent it from taking hold and making people sick. The best we have are the vaccines that in some cases can prevent CV19 from making people so sick that they need to be hospitalized. It sure would be nice if we could find or develop a new class of antibiotic/antiviral that is effective against all Corona viruses in general. Hope springs eternal...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I guess the writing is on the wall for Ivermectin. As with a Cold and the regular Flu, those needing medical treatment to fight off CV19 are still limited to supportive therapy to try and outlast the virus in a hospital setting. Seems we have yet to identify a specific drug or combination of drugs that will kill off this virus in the body or prevent it from taking hold and making people sick. The best we have are the vaccines that in some cases can prevent CV19 from making people so sick that they need to be hospitalized. It sure would be nice if we could find or develop a new class of antibiotic/antiviral that is effective against all Corona viruses in general. Hope springs eternal...
Try reading what I just posted before yours.

Klubbe

Aug 5, 2017
DR has 40 deaths/per 100k and Haiti has only 7 deaths/per 100k.
One reson is WHO has given Ivermectin to the people, mass parasite programs with Ivermectin for years have been the norm in Haiti.

• Haha
Reactions: lifeisgreat

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
DR has 40 deaths/per 100k and Haiti has only 7 deaths/per 100k.
One reson is WHO has given Ivermectin to the people, mass parasite programs with Ivermectin for years have been the norm in Haiti.
Another reason is Haiti. A total disaster, do you really think their reporting of numbers is even close to reality??????????

Reactions: Grampa
Status
Not open for further replies.