Ivermectin to treat Covid in the Dominican Republic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
At first, I thought she was going crazy, but my wife said our French friend in LT was treated for Covid using Ivermectin.

Then I read this:

IVERMECTIN IN THE DR

Has anybody in this forum had success using it?

I thought it was for use by veterinarians.
I had covid last february 2021, Public Heatlh Prescription included Ivermectine. Im safe and sound. There is a version for Humans that you can get it in the pharma.

Reactions: Auryn

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
You want a drug for negating Covid this could be it.

Pfizer reported earlier this month that its pill cut hospitalizations and deaths by 89% among high-risk adults who had early symptoms of COVID-19.

What is really great about this.. is that Pfizer will allow the patent to be used by manufacturers in other countries! So the pills can be made in India, etc.. which is really the ONLY hope that the developing world has to beat this. Let's hope it is approved swiftly. The US daily death toll is still over 1k.

Reactions: Grampa

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

These clinical trials were done for patients who were already hospitalized with severe cases of covid. India was passing out free blister packs by the millions that contained Ivermectin and a couple other drugs and were intended to be taken at the onset of symptoms.

Forget clinical trials. Look at real world trials and ask yourself why countries like India and Sub-Saharan Africa where Ivermectin has been widely used for decades have some of the lowest deaths/1M in the world. Taken early, it has been effective in stopping the progression of the disease.

Reactions: Wrx2005

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Enough already with this misleading veterinary narrative.
Some of the Medical Expert posts in here are just downright Frightening.. dont even have words .
it must be a conspiracy by all the people who have been helped by the Drug ..
just mind blowing , the arrogance

nickdr

May 30, 2014
There was a whole thread on this topic not that long ago.
We use Ivermectin to treat parasitic infections in livestock. Ex: worms, lice, mange.
Dosage is extremely important. When we use the pour on version to treat cattle, it’s handled extremely carefully. As in we have to do it outside and not in the barn for ventilation, treated cows cannot be sold for meat for a certain period of time, and there are time restrictions on milk treated dairy cows.
I use an oral version for my horses. It is the active ingredient in many horse dewormers.

How False Science Created a Covid “Miracle” Drug

We had problems with a cow about a month ago. I asked the attending veterinarian (of the Dr. Pol or James Herriot vintage and experience) about Ivermectin as a Covid treatment. He worked at universities during the BSE (mad cow) crisis studying infectious disease.
He said if people are stupid enough to take it, then we sit back and watch Darwinism work.
Maybe the BBC and all the other articles that come up in my Google search about this topic are part of a large global conspiracy and Ivermectin is a miracle drug. I’m going to trust the vets opinion & experience on the topic.
That’s my choice and opinion based on my experience, just as everyone else is entitled to theirs.

Umm yeah if you are stupid enough to take a cow dose.

Ivermectin has been given to millions of humans and the inventor won a Nobel prize. It has had very little "side effects" until people started abusing it (taking animal level doses). It is also used on animals. Taking a dose for a large animal is the equivalent of taking a whole bottle of aspirin for a headache. The correct prescribed dosage has very little side effects.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Out of interest, what is the prescribed dose? If you buy it OTC does it give you the recommended dose on the bottle, or can someone suggest what the dose to treat Covid onset should be?

Reactions: Auryn and SKY

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

Ivermectin has been given to millions of humans and the inventor won a Nobel prize. It has had very little "side effects" until people started abusing it (taking animal level doses). It is also used on animals. Taking a dose for a large animal is the equivalent of taking a whole bottle of aspirin for a headache. The correct prescribed dosage has very little side effects.
Being that you are a "new" poster could you share with us where this informative information came from? Are you in the Medical field yourself? And exactly how much, how frequently, and when is one supposed to take this?

Reactions: Auryn

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012

Of course people will be stupid about dosage, but the vets comment about Darwinism was related to the ineffectiveness of using a parasite medication to treat a respiratory virus.

Fact Check-2015 Nobel Prize for ivermectin intended for treatment of parasitic infections doesn’t prove its efficacy on COVID-19

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Out of interest, what is the prescribed dose? If you buy it OTC does it give you the recommended dose on the bottle, or can someone suggest what the dose to treat Covid onset should be?
There a plenty of articles to be found about this and it is usually given in combination with doxycycline and also zinc:

Reactions: JD Jones

nickdr

May 30, 2014
Being that you are a "new" poster could you share with us where this informative information came from? Are you in the Medical field yourself? And exactly how much, how frequently, and when is one supposed to take this?
No, I am not in the medical field. Here is a link for typical human dose from Mayo Clinic. For humans it is taken orally; for animals it is taken as an injection or a paste and in much higher concentrations depending on the animal. I know people who have gotten prescriptions for ivermectin from an MD, so I would advise getting a prescription and taking it however your doctor says. Obviously, it is not a good idea to take a drug dose designed for a cow when your a human. Don't need to be in the medical field to figure this out.

Here is some info on who/how/when ivermectin was created from the Nobel prize website. It was originally created to treat humans so enough of this "ivermectin is only for treating animals" crap. Whether or not you believe it works for COVID 19; this simply isn't true.

kts78

Nov 29, 2007
At first, I thought she was going crazy, but my wife said our French friend in LT was treated for Covid using Ivermectin.

Then I read this:

IVERMECTIN IN THE DR

Has anybody in this forum had success using it?

I thought it was for use by veterinarians.
I got a Covid the end of Aug., after 8 days my fever started spiking, so I went to a doctor (in the U.S.)- he said I was a day away from being a ventiilator, and asked me if I would be willing to take Ivermectin- I told him to perscribe whatever he would take, he perscribed: Ivermectin, steroid, and antibiotic (for infection in my lungs), and vitamin C&D - I tested neg for covid 2 days later. Not claiming it is a miracle cure, just my experience.

aname4me

Jun 18, 2011
Haiti has a younger more fit population as well. Probable more natural immunities from living conditions as well.

I can't think of a Nation who's population is more baked by the sun the Haitians.

Exposure to Sun = Vit D Vit D is very helpful at fighting CoViD

Myself..... I prefer the take Vit D as a pill and not getting baked in the Sun.

Reactions: JD Jones

aname4me

Jun 18, 2011
What I read is.....

Ivermectin is free of patent, dirt cheap to make and is never going to make anyone rich.

I have also read that (as a Home remedy) it needs to be taken at the very first signs of CoViD....
Like you start taking the first of your 5 day course... and THEN ask where do I go to be tested.

Not wait until your sick as a dog, and sent someone to a pharmacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.