DR made booster widely available; Yale study shows Sinovac + Pfizer combination has kept Delta variant at bay

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Jorge-Marte-El-Dia.png

Dr. Jorge Marte, the medical director of the Cedimat hospital center in Santo Domingo, says a new University of Yale study (Heterovac) confirms what the Covid-19 epidemiological bulletin numbers have been showing. Two Sinovac (CoronaVac) Covid-19 vaccines plus one Pfizer booster shot have turned out to be the winning combination to prevent spread of Covid. Dr. Marte is also an advisor to the President on Covid-19 matters.

In July 2021, the Dominican Republic became the first country to strongly recommend Pfizer booster shots to the general population. Dr. Marte was incidental to convincing the Abinader Health Cabinet to go ahead with the booster shot, despite the outspoken World Health Organization recommendation against this. Dr. Marte advocated for the booster because Cedimat was admitting a significant number of persons with two Sinovac vaccines to the intensive care unit.

Dr. Marte...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LuzMaria

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
For all the Knockers on this board the Dominincan Republic is head over heels ahead of your home country in dealing with Covid. And for anyone claiming Sinovac is a placebo can crawl back in their hole.....................

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
For all the Knockers on this board the Dominincan Republic is head over heels ahead of your home country in dealing with Covid. And for anyone claiming Sinovac is a placebo can crawl back in their hole.....................
Really, I can't say for the whole country but my home province of British Columbia has done a good job dealing with Covid. I also believe the DR has done well.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I have had 2 Sinovac here March 2021 and 2 Pfizer, Sept 2021 in Canada. Nothing has fallen off and all body functions working as good as before. I can now board airplanes and are pretty much free to travel the world again.

Jan 9, 2004
From the OP;

"Dr. Marte advocated for the booster because Cedimat was admitting a significant number of persons with two Sinovac vaccines to the intensive care unit."

Another tacit admission of the eventual ineffectiveness of the placebo-like Si No Vac.

The other being the switch to Pfizer when sufficient supplies of Si No Vac were readily available for a "booster."

Hope those 99% + plus allegedly vaccinated in Altagracia, or was it Bavaro/Punts Cana lol, have gotten their booster(s).

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Nope. I stick with my story on Si No Vac as being less effective alone.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Less effective does not mean it is not working. Have you had any problems with Covid since your two shots of Sinovac?
After my two shot of Si No Vac AND two shots of Pfizer?
No. Nor has my wife. And that proves NOTHING.

Any more shots? Maybe not.

Si No Vac alone isn't the best:

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Less effective does not mean it is not working. Have you had any problems with Covid since your two shots of Sinovac?S
You are right, Sinovac helped a lot to make people skip to go to the hospitals, that was main problem with covid, too many people getting sick at the same time needing hospital services, so worked. The reason why goverment decided to use a booster with diferent laboratory is because they run an study that shows 49% of people studied generated antibodies with the first jab, increasing to 92% after getting the 2nd. jab and 8% their inmune systeme didnt react with Sinovac, so they was like never get the doses.

nortenomore

Jul 26, 2019
After my two shot of Si No Vac AND two shots of Pfizer?
No. Nor has my wife. And that proves NOTHING.

Any more shots? Maybe not.

Si No Vac alone isn't the best:

Only four shots?

You're putting the lives of everyone around you at risk. Maybe you're some kind of subversive thought criminal?

Only with five shots can you be safe for the rest of the month.

Reactions: anny95