DR calls for dialogue, not war in Russia-Ukraine conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Might add that Russia secures power plants, so no blackouts yet. Infrastructure is kept working. No destruction of bridges, pipelines, water supply etc.
Business as usual soon and probably not worse than before after the dust settles and the corrupt administration fled and a new one is elected.
Ukraine will be back to normal soon however no more imports of western weapons and with no one ever again talking about getting nuclear weapons or a Nato membership.

Guess the corrupt elites already fled and I would not be surprised if some choose the D.R. to retire.

Alexander
Geezy.
Sounds like a job for Hunter.

• Haha
Reactions: chico bill and Big

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
They do not. Terms of surrender are clear by now: demilitarisation and denazification. After that status of a neutral countrie and no occupation.

Alexander
Putin doesn’t negotiate. He dictates. He didn’t want the Ukraine joining NATO and he will accept nothing less. NATO‘s sanction response is a joke. It would take years to affect Putin. If anything, NATO’s response has emboldened Putin.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Might add that Russia secures power plants, so no blackouts yet. Infrastructure is kept working. No destruction of bridges, pipelines, water supply etc.
Business as usual soon and probably not worse than before after the dust settles and the corrupt administration fled and a new one is elected.
Ukraine will be back to normal soon however no more imports of western weapons and with no one ever again talking about getting nuclear weapons or a Nato membership.

Guess the corrupt elites already fled and I would not be surprised if some choose the D.R. to retire.

Alexander

Are you a russian troll ?

Reactions: Tarheel

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
It happens.
On a brighter note Sean Penn has just arrived in the Ukraine to document (or fabric) the events taking place on the ground.

Now I know the Big Guy said if Vlad hurts one hair on an American's head there would be hell to pay but..
do you think he'd be willing to make an acception if, lol (heaven forbid) something were to happen to this idiot?
I think this new global situation has the potential to easily spill over to the politics of a certain large country with the largest global reach. It will be a challenge for the moderators this one.

Reactions: Lucifer
Jan 9, 2004
Here is what is really worrying the DR;

The only real shortages might be because they cannot afford to pay for it...........not because of supply.

They have been subsidizing the prices of all combustibles for months now.................and it only gets worse from here. You cannot carry on commercial activities or transport tourists without a steady and reliable supply.

350 pesos a gallon is now on the horizon.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Big

Apr 24, 2019
It happens.
On a brighter note Sean Penn has just arrived in the Ukraine to document (or fabric) the events taking place on the ground.

Now I know the Big Guy said if Vlad hurts one hair on an American's head there would be hell to pay but..
do you think he'd be willing to make an acception if, lol (heaven forbid) something were to happen to this idiot?
Penn will twist this conflict for sure. He embraces all anti American commies, Putin, Chavez, Castro.

Reactions: Joseph NY2STI

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Here is what is really worrying the DR;

The only real shortages might be because they cannot afford to pay for it...........not because of supply.

They have been subsidizing the prices of all combustibles for months now.................and it only gets worse from here. You cannot carry on commercial activities or transport tourists without a steady and reliable supply.

350 pesos a gallon is now on the horizon.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

The haste to cancel the Keystone XL pipeline may come back to haunt the current US administration. A cheap supply of oil from one of the world’s biggest bitumen resources from a politically stable Northern neighbour. Cut for the purpose of fossil fuel use reduction to reach unachievable green house gas reduction targets.

As long as wars persist, fossil fuels will be required to wage them. Anyone here believe we are going to reduce our oil dependency over the next three decades?

Putin has put a big crimp in the Great Reset.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Disagree. . . the DR should immediately shut down any flights from Russia (if not done already) and prohibit the entry of any Russians to this country. Each country has to assert it's revulsion as to what has happened in Ukraine.
Incoming flights yes, but allow Russians needing to return home to leave. It isn't the Russian people's fault. Most probably don't support this invasion but yes they will play a dramatic price

Reactions: aarhus

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
Are you a russian troll ?
No. I try to understand the motivations of all parties involved.
I understand the Russians could not allow Ukraine joining NATO and could not accept NATO rockets and military bases, just like the USA can not allow missiles to be installed in Cuba.
Have no tears for the corrupt administration in Kiev.
Better an end with horror than horror without end.

Alexander

Big

Apr 24, 2019
still cant get over the massive market swing today, $$$$

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I understand the Russians could not allow Ukraine joining NATO and could not accept NATO rockets and military bases, just like the USA can not allow missiles to be installed in Cuba.

Alexander

I agree with your last statement. Technically the Ukraine has been
at war with Russia since the annexation of the Crimea in 2014. It’s been festering politically with flare ups and skirmishes occurring in the two so called independent areas adjacent to the Russian border. It had to come to a head sometime. Putin is not one to let a political opportunity pass by. He saw and took advantage of the opportunity to resolve the issue with, hopefully, the least amount of bloodshed. Some would say a wise move.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
still cant get over the massive market swing today, $$$$

Not worried. We’ve seen some wild swings during the pandemic. The market usually does well on the upside of an ending conflict and it appears to be heading to a negotiated ending. Dumped my oil stocks years ago. Too volatile for me.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
It remains to be seen how a war of attrition affects Russia.
The ability to strangle the Ruble and cut them out of the banking system could stop them receiving oil sale proceeds for a while.
My guess is Europe won't be serious - they are always appeasers

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

Alexander
Putin had years to plan this invasion and unlike the American invasions I believe it will be over in a matter of days, not months or years.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Putin had years to plan this invasion and unlike the American invasions I believe it will be over in a matter of days, not months or years.
Many countries are hoping still for dialogue including the DR. Just to bring it on topic. I just read the Ukrainians have been somewhat successful in fighting back and some russian soldiers has surrendered saying they had no idea they where going to kill. I think there is still hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.