DR calls for dialogue, not war in Russia-Ukraine conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Many countries are hoping still for dialogue including the DR. Just to bring it on topic. I just read the Ukrainians have been somewhat successful in fighting back and some russian soldiers has surrendered saying they had no idea they where going to kill. I think there is still hope.
Had a long conversation earlier with a good Russian friend living in Moscow. She said the bond is so tight between the Russian/ Ukrainians the only comparison she could make/ told me it would be like America sending in troops to fight/ kill Canadians. Very much a lose-lose situation for the citizens of both countries. The sooner it ends, the better.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
The Russians learned a hard lesson in Afghanistan. Unfortunately other Western nations didn’t.
How do you know it won’t become similar to Afghanistan ? It may still blow up in Putins face. There are demonstrations all over Russia. Maybe his army doesn’t want to continue killing Ukrainians that they have so much in common with.

Reactions: CristoRey

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Had a long conversation earlier with a good Russian friend living in Moscow. She said the bond is so tight between the Russian/ Ukrainians the only comparison she could make/ told me it would be like America sending in troops to fight/ kill Canadians. Very much a lose-lose situation for the citizens of both countries. The sooner it ends, the better.
yes I think they are very similar in culture and language. Like Americans and Canadians and Like the Scandinavian countries for instance. This is 2022 not 1945. I really doubt they are going to accept to have to continue killing each other. Eventually this will turn against Putin.

• Haha
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Putin is taking Ukraine period. It's done. The weak UN secretary pleading looked ridiculous. Ukraine even asked Twitter to innundate Russia with tweets. Nato did nothing well EU because the US did nothing. EU spineless we knew if the US didn't take the lead, EU sure wouldn't go to bat. Germany is owned by Putin because of the gas deal, period. Sellouts. The US opened the door for Vlad because it benefits, in numerous ways, the current weak admin

Reactions: Big and CristoRey

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Putin is taking Ukraine period. It's done. The weak UN secretary pleading looked ridiculous. Ukraine even asked Twitter to innundate Russia with tweets. Nato did nothing well EU because the US did nothing. EU spineless we knew if the US didn't take the lead, EU sure wouldn't go to bat. Germany is owned by Putin because of the gas deal, period. Sellouts. The US opened the door for Vlad because it benefits, in numerous ways, the current weak admin
I am rooting for Ukraine

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
How do you know it won’t become similar to Afghanistan ? It may still blow up in Putins face. There are demonstrations all over Russia. Maybe his army doesn’t want to continue killing Ukrainians that they have so much in common with.
The loses Russia suffered in Afghanistan were significant in terms of military resources and Russian lives. A similar situation in the Ukraine would put Putin’s rule in jeopardy. He’s risking it won’t happen.

Reactions: Big

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
How many Ukrainians live in the DR? There has to be a few.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
The loses Russia suffered in Afghanistan were significant in terms of military resources and Russian lives. A similar situation in the Ukraine would put Putin’s rule in jeopardy. He’s risking it won’t happen.
How many days, weeks or months does it take before it’s a new Afghanistan ? The Ukrainians are having success with the Javelin portable anti tank weapon. If new weapons can continuously be brought in, the borders get secured of Nato countries and US cyberattacks on Russia.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013

Mehhhh, I wouldnt write off the ukranians just yet. Defending one's land and family is a whole different ball game than getting sent to a foreign country by some overweight general, or in this case, a midget tzar......

Either Putine sent in the poorly trained poorly motivated conscripts first to probe Ukranian defenses, or his army sucks...... but day 1 hardly seems to have gone as planned, as the russian army is stronger by magnitudes---on paper.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Mehhhh, I wouldnt write off the ukranians just yet. Defending one's land and family is a whole different ball game than getting sent to a foreign country by some overweight general, or in this case, a midget tzar......

Either Putine sent in the poorly trained poorly motivated conscripts first to probe Ukranian defenses, or his army sucks...... but day 1 hardly seems to have gone as planned, as the russian army is stronger by magnitudes---on paper.
Thats great, hopefully you're right.

• Haha
Reactions: aarhus

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
interesting ! Now that you mention it, I am sure visas will be next to impossible to obtain
As far as I know, Russian do not need a Visa to enter the DR. They would just come in the same as any other tourist - buying the card on arrival.

In order to BAN Russians, I expect the President would have to ban flights from Russian from entering.

Odds?
Anyone

Big

Apr 24, 2019
As far as I know, Russian do not need a Visa to enter the DR. They would just come in the same as any other tourist - buying the card on arrival.

In order to BAN Russians, I expect the President would have to ban flights from Russian from entering.

Odds?
Anyone
maybe they should travel to Haiti, the food is the same as Russia and all you need is a candy wrapper for a visa

• Haha
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Does anyone else wonder about the timing of this? First the world is brought to its knees by the pandemic which a lot of people think was started deliberately. Countries are just getting back to normal, literally yesterday in the UK they lifted all remaining Covid rules, and then bang on cue Russia starts a war which is likely to have a huge impact on commodity prices and so send inflation spiralling in most countries. Just seems like Putin waited for the all-clear before he decided to do this.

Reactions: wayne

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
Does anyone else wonder about the timing of this?
  • did not want to start during Olympic games as not to upset China
  • earth still frozen and next month will start to get muddy which is not good for tanks
  • on feb 19 ukrain president Selenskijj said in Munich he intents to rearm with nukes. According to Putin that sealed the decision to act

Alexander

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
Making progress fast:
"President Volodymyr Zelensky said on Friday he was not afraid to negotiate an end to the Russian “invasion,” but would need security guarantees to do so."
"Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Thursday that “neutral status and rejection of hosting [offensive] weapons systems” are Putin’s “red lines” for Ukraine and that the ball was now in Kiev's court."

Tanks already moving around in Kiev.

Looks like this nightmare will not last long.

Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.