New Entry / Exit Form

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Dominican citizens can use AutoGate with a Dominican passport (it needs to be codified once at either Las Américas or Cibao and they charge a one time fee for this, then the same passport can be used free of charge until it expires) in both, leaving and arriving. Since it's all electronic and the whole process takes like 2 to 5 seconds, passports aren't stamped. That doesn't mean there are no records of the entry or exit. It comes up when the passport identity code is entered in an immigration computer (usually scanned by an immigration officer) in the DR and abroad. It's basically impossible to travel internationally with no records of passing through immigration, whether it's the traditional way with getting in line and seeing an immigration officer or through AutoGate which never has a line and an immigration officer is never seen.

If your bags are carry-ons only, you're literally out of the terminal within 10 minutes from stepping out of the airplane.
Does AutoGate function at POP or just the others?

True that all the ins and outs are stored in a computer regardless of stamps. I found that out during my citizenship process.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Does AutoGate function at POP or just the others?

True that all the ins and outs are stored in a computer regardless of stamps. I found that out during my citizenship process.
Dominicans only at Las Américas and Cibao. At Punta Cana in addition to Dominicans it also process Americans and Canadians.

The Punta Cana AutoGate is slightly different from the ones in Las Américas and Cibao, in part because it’s owned by the Puntacana company while the others by the Dominican government. The passport info goes straight to the Migración institution regardless which one is used. For example, the Punta Cana AutoGate doesn’t includes taking fingerprints because the camera has facial recognition capability, the metal doors are see through glass, and it only exist for leaving the DR to the US or Canada, not entry into the DR. They charge a higher fee for the service and it doesn’t last for the life of the passport. For Dominicans the registration has a lower fee (it seems the fee was dropped for Dominicans, so register could be free and is required the first time only), its a one time fee and it lasts the life of the passport (if the passport is already registered, there is no fee) and can be used in any of the three airports. Once the passport expires (I think every six or ten years), the new passport has to be registered prior to using AutoGate, otherwise it will not function.

There was a rumor that it would be expanded to other airports such as Puerto Plata, but have no idea if that went through or is delayed or cancelled or if its the AutoGate from the government which is for Dominicans only (most likely this one) or like Punta Cana which includes some other nationalities. The Punta Cana AutoGate was suppose to expand to other nationalities such as Spain, France, and a few others; but don't know the current status.

Last edited:
Reactions: CristoRey

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Surely, that's just 'so far'..... must be coming at other airports but I suppose 2 receive the most citizens

Taylor

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Jan 28, 2005
RE: new entry and exit form

Was filling it out on my phone, and at the end it asked me for a $15 credit card payment. I thought that's strange, and did it on the computer - no fee. Hmm. Did someone figure out how to hijack the form?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My daughter flew JFK-POP on Friday on JetBlue.
The flight was an hour late.

They checked literally EVERY passenger for the QR code.
They didn't read the code - just matched the person on the code to the ticket.

I flew out on Thursday and forgot to do my e-ticket......POP-YYZ on WestJet
I was turned away from getting a boarding pass until I did it

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

Same experience here... We had to travel to Germany recently, and while our papers were all in order, an elderly German couple in front of us in PUJ was denied boarding prior to having this... Upon our return to PUJ, every e-ticket was scanned for the barcode, other documents, including passports were not checked...

Reactions: cavok

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Any idea how it works with expired residency ?

Long story short my passport took ages to renew--; not far off 3 months--- and so i missed my 18th of february renewal of residency 😕.
I am stuck for time and need to leave the DR.

Migracion told me not to worry, that they would keep my residency card at the airport, and i can renew when i come back.

Anybody been is this case ?

Billp16

Jul 20, 2018
Any idea how it works with expired residency ?

Long story short my passport took ages to renew--; not far off 3 months--- and so i missed my 18th of february renewal of residency 😕.
I am stuck for time and need to leave the DR.

Migracion told me not to worry, that they would keep my residency card at the airport, and i can renew when i come back.

Anybody been is this case ?
Yes, be 100% sure that migracion gives you a photocopy of your card that they take and have the officer sign the copy acknowledging they took it. That will go a LONG ways when you actually can renew.

Reactions: malko

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012

In September, we didn’t need the E ticket to leave PUJ but they checked our Covid negative test at the check in counter.

Two weeks ago, they insisted we have the E ticket completed for departure but did not check our Covid tests. We had to complete it to check in. My husband tried to show the E ticket for arrival, but the guy looked closely and said nope.