Senate passes the Pro-Pedernales Trust

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Cabo-Rojo-beach-Pedernales-1024x628.png
Cabo Rojo, Pedernales

The Abinader administration moves close to its plans to convert Pedernales into another Punta Cana resort destination. The Senate approved the Pro-Pedernales Trust that awards numerous tax exemptions and benefits to companies participating in public-private alliances with the government to develop the tourism industry in the southwestern province. The government contemplates the construction of a major international airport and around 12,000 hotel rooms in the new beach destination.

Read more in Spanish:Hoy

7 April 2022

Continue reading...

Last edited:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Only one problem for Abinader. At the moment not one Hotel chain has any plans to build an AI there. But it looks good for his politics..............

Jan 9, 2004
It is all about AI resorts, isn't it?
At this point, the DR government believes that the countries economic future lies in the southwest and specifically in..............AI tourism.

There may be bright spots and room for some sort of eco-tourism................but the bulk of the infrastructure and building will likely be geared right at AI's.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: windeguy
Jan 9, 2004
Only one problem for Abinader. At the moment not one Hotel chain has any plans to build an AI there. But it looks good for his politics..............
I can confirm via a client in the East...............that your statement is inaccurate. Iberostar is already onboard to build there.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I can confirm via a client in the East...............that your statement is inaccurate. Iberostar is already onboard to build there.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Some company also one time went ahead and invested in the Luperon Resort.

Jan 9, 2004
Make sure you let us know when they break ground.....................
Not sure they will be the first............as Karisma and Hilton have also been mentioned as committed to build as well..........supposedly this year. The green light for the hotel groups was the passing of the Pro-Pedernales Trust.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Not sure they will be the first............as Karisma and Hilton have also been mentioned as committed to build as well..........supposedly this year. The green light for the hotel groups was the passing of the Pro-Pedernales Trust.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
I am from Missouri, still want to know WHEN any Hotel chain breaks ground....................

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
It’s certainly a long term plan. It’s doesn’t seem like the 8 years of Abinader will be enough for him to see the fruits of it.

Jan 9, 2004
I am from Missouri, still want to know WHEN any Hotel chain breaks ground....................
Not sure exact;y where you are from SKY, but I am told this year in/near Cabo Rojo.

What I do know is the DR wants to make these resorts as eco-friendly as possible using renewable energy etc.....and I have requests from a client to source more ev's for eventual shipment.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: aarhus

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Talk about putting all of your eggs in one basket.
I give the guy a lot of credit for sticking to his plan.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas
Jan 9, 2004
It’s certainly a long term plan. It’s doesn’t seem like the 8 years of Abinader will be enough for him to see the fruits of it.
As I am told, the plan is a ten year one, to be executed in phases.

Much like Punta Cana it will be built out over the longer term.

The hard part is always starting................but the government has given very generous incentives to those that commit early.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
As I am told, the plan is a ten year one, to be executed in phases.

Much like Punta Cana it will be built out over the longer term.

The hard part is always starting................but the government has given very generous incentives to those that commit early.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
You may be right for once. The first phase might START in TEN YEARS........................

• Wow
Reactions: CristoRey
Jan 9, 2004
You may be right for once. The first phase might START in TEN YEARS........................
You are as usual...........clueless about what is happening on many fronts..........

At least you are moving to it "might start in 10 years"...............versus your statement in another thread that it will never happen......................or these gems from another thread;

"Pedrenales (sp) would have a tough time outperforming Gasper Hernandez.................................."

"The idea that anytime in the future Pedernales can compete with Punta Cana is the same as saying a Colmado can compete with Walmart............................"

Keep up the consistently inconsistent and do.............

Carry on.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2