ISO 2nd Pfizer Booster Sto. Dom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
Hello All,

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Per a now forgotten government report that I read at dr1 many moons ago, I am now eligible for my second booster as more than 6 months have past since my first one and I am approaching 69 years of age.

I have NO leads on where I can obtain a booster in Sto. Dom.

Does anyone have recent information/experience?

Thanks.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
I googled "vacuna covid sto. dom." and found vacunate.gob.do You can scroll down and enter your location and find a long list of sites. Further I googled "ministerio de Salud Publica." This leads you to a Facebook page. For the capital I found availability in places such as the following: Jumbo Agora Mall; La Sirena Churchill; Plaza Lama, 27 de febrero.

There is one BIG PROBLEM. None of these sites have details. None of these sites have contact information. None of these sites have ANY information as to whether COVID vaccines are offered and which ones. There is no way to know if these sites represent old information or new. There is no indication of updating. Further, at the FB site, many potential clients asked questions and NO ONE answered a single question.

It is a 100% crapshoot as to whether one might have success or failure. If I can't get specific information that is up to date and reliable, I'll just grab a book and spend my day taking Ubers, and go down the list . . .

Sol09

Jan 12, 2017
All of the big vaccination sites including I believe agora and sirena have since closed. The official vacunate.gob.so has a listing of vaccination centers, and those locations aren't listed. What is listed are a number of hospitals and plaza Lama and plaza central which are located in the same general area.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
All of the big vaccination sites including I believe agora and sirena have since closed. The official vacunate.gob.so has a listing of vaccination centers, and those locations aren't listed. What is listed are a number of hospitals and plaza Lama and plaza central which are located in the same general area.
You mention a list of centers that aren't listed ??? I looked at the same hospitals (and other places) that you mentioned. The problem is that just because they're listed doesn't mean that they offer covid vax at this time. Perhaps it's just old information as it is in "the big vaccination sites" that don't exist except on the internet.

Sol09

Jan 12, 2017
Let me restate, the two places your referenced in your original posting are no longer listed as vaccination centers on the official governmental website, which makes sense as the vaccination centers at major locations have since closed. Your best bet would be to review the listing of vaccination sites on their website which, at this point, is predominantly hospitals.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
Let me restate, the two places your referenced in your original posting are no longer listed as vaccination centers on the official governmental website, which makes sense as the vaccination centers at major locations have since closed. Your best bet would be to review the listing of vaccination sites on their website which, at this point, is predominantly hospitals.
Thanks for the clarification. Yes, I think that hospitals would be the best bet. For example, For example, Hospital General de la Plaza de la Salud has a permanent vaccination office. It might also be possible to call a hospital--they have many numbers--to see if vax are available and maybe save a trip.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
OP: I checked again at the vacunate.gob.do website to confirm that hgps.org.do offers covid vax. I then went to the hospital's website. It has four phone numbers. My wife has called for two hours and no one picks up. The vaccination center part of the website does not have in its listing of vax anything covid related. It's as if covid didn't exist. It's impossible to say what's what. It looks like I'll be wasting Uber money . . .

Feb 7, 2007
All local offices of Salud Publica offer booster vacs... I asked just last Friday here in Higuey at Salud Publica

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
Eureka! Thanks to rubio_higuy, my wife and I now have our second boosters (Pfizer) and our fourth vax. We began with
the nearest local Salud Publica in Gazcue, Area V de Salud, Urugay 5. They directed us to the place where we had success.
There was no waiting and we were finished in ten minutes. If you are living in Sto. Dom., as of today, May 11, here is the place to go:

Centro Olimpico
Juan Pablo Duarte
Pabellon de Karate
Monday - Friday
8 to 2

Bring your previous vaccination card. For my wife, who didn't bring hers, they filled out a new one. Bring your identifications. The vaccinations are free.

Reactions: Drak and AlterEgo

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
We had the 2 Chinese vacs when available as advised. 6 months later, the Pfizer booster, as advised. 5 months later got another Pfizer booster, as advised.

Figured that the 2 Chinese ones... not so good.

At 6 months since the last and CDC and others advising another booster. Don't know what is allowed here in the D.R??

5TH SHOT?

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I checked this morning and they are still vaccinating at the Astilleros Navales Dominicanos, Los Mameyes, Santo Domingo Este down the street from Oficina Nacional de Meteorología (ONAMET). Calle Jacinto De Los Santos. About a 10 minute drive from the Puente Flotante over Rio Ozama
Clipboard04.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.