Foreign Minister: Haiti’s development will never be achieved until Haitians agree among themselves

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Roberto-Alvarez-El-Dia-1024x726.jpg

Foreign Relations Minister Roberto Álvarez went on record last week saying that the influx of foreign donations in Haiti has not succeeded in creating a stable country. In his opinion, until the people of that nation focus efforts in the same direction, they will not solve the escalating conflicts. In an interview with journalist Lorenny Solano for Despierta RD on Telecentro Channel 13 on Wednesday, 27 July 2022, Alvarez urged that the international community and the countries of the region work together to promote actions that will help Haiti to move forward.

“Haiti can seek its own development,” he stated. But he insisted that for political, business, religious, academic and other matters, the elites must finally agree. “The development of that nation will never be achieved until Haitians agree,” the country’s leading foreign relations representative emphasized.

The Foreign...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I'm not sure how many times this has to be said before somebody there does something.

• Haha
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Well, doing something will not go far if it's undone by others. Look at the last president. Sure, he wasn't the perfect president and there were many things he could had done better, but he was promoting Haiti to receive more foreign investments. A small change that could lead in the right direction with the creation of the two things Haiti needs, jobs and the image that doing business in Haiti can be a good thing. Then you wake up one day and hear he was intentionally shot to death. Back to square one... again.

You will not get very far if the reset button is pressed all the time.

Last edited:

terantius

Jul 28, 2022
Plants
Haiti is destined for extreme poverty, 200 years of evidence to the case.
The way the country was built essentially curses them to lack of share value.
And globalization and how little it is makes it more profitable for the richest and poorest to immigrate.

Reactions: HolyG and Big

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I hope to see Haiti recolonized in my lifetime. This is the only way they stand a chance of becoming a functioning nation again as they have repeatedly shown the rest of the world they are incapable of governing themselves.

It's nice to see this Foreign Relations Minister appears to be taking his job seriously and is working to prevent this government from continuing to be a laughing stock around the world to other countries.

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
I hope to see Haiti recolonized in my lifetime. This is the only way they stand a chance of becoming a functioning nation again as they have repeatedly shown the rest of the world they are incapable of governing themselves.

It's nice to see this Foreign Relations Minister appears to be taking his job seriously and is working to prevent this government from continuing to be a laughing stock around the world to other countries.
And I hope you're very young

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
If anyone has a better suggestion...
I'm all ears.
I see that, and a cute little bunny it is. I don't think anyone can come up with a plan for Haiti. Outside of a full invasion. Maybe Russia? They like that stuff.