Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Kickin' butt and takin' names.

• Haha
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
if I ever become president, I would suspended AI constriction for year or two then reinvest and rebuilt the infrastructure what DR currently has UNTIL the country is stable for these things:

1) Guaranteed 24/7 Electric and everyone will PAY one flat rate, no BS.
2) Pure Clean Drinking Water
3) Improved Education
4) Stricter and Bold Police Reform
5) Rebuilt Roads/Highways (Install better LED lighting, and all that)
6) Built a new landfill recycle factory to convert into energy
7) Built a better housing for the poor citizens

Once above is completed, at the same time, I will sign a bill that any beaches will be left untouched and no more messing such as building hotels right front of beaches, we need to protect the lands.

After that, then I'll restore the AI construction. Then I will force DR government to cut the taxes on flight ticket in HALF and eliminate the $10 tourist fee, forever.

Then, you will have a true country that is: Dominican Republic.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
if I ever become president, I would suspended AI constriction for year or two then reinvest and rebuilt the infrastructure what DR currently has UNTIL the country is stable for these things:

3) Improved Education

Once above is completed, at the same time, I will sign a bill that any beaches will be left untouched and no more messing such as building hotels right front of beaches, we need to protect the lands.

After that, then I'll restore the AI construction. Then I will force DR government to cut the taxes on flight ticket in HALF and eliminate the $10 tourist fee, forever.

If asked, I will serve.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003

3) Improved Education

And THEN after your four year term is over you will be broke. You will turn over to the new president a shiny new house that nobody can afford to live in because...you're busted. IMO.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

3) Improved Education

All are things the current administration is working on as we write. I'm guessing you don't read many of the local news sources.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
@JD Jones I do read many local news source and it seems to me that tourist and beach renovations are getting the press.
Real infrastructure, although needed, does not put money in peoples pockets other than those involved in construction. And my understanding is the business background of the current POTDR lies in another area.

Now please point me to the article saying the beaches will be left untouched...

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
There are over 700 infrastructure projects in process and lots of them are getting press, but we're going off topic.

As for Pedernales, we'll have to wait until they announce the plans they have other than building hotels.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
So you make my point.
In Pedernales the priority is tourism projects, not basic infrastructure.
And that is like putting the cart before horse.

Now I am not saying the tourism projects are bad.
My 🇩🇴 friends tell me that they are happy that region is receiving development.
That there will be more opportunities for jobs.
I'm like yeah more wage slaves.:rolleyes:

Jan 9, 2004
There are over 700 infrastructure projects in process and lots of them are getting press, but we're going off topic.

As for Pedernales, we'll have to wait until they announce the plans they have other than building hotels.
They have announced that there will be a new airport. Infrastructure is being worked on with an emphasis on from the ports outward. Makes perfect sense as that allows them to open the area without new major roadways or a new airoprt. Studies/plans are being done on water supply/roads/new airport for continued expansion.

From someone actually there, it is happening and the pace and expanse are quickening.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Yes, "infrastructure" focused on helping those that had the inside knowledge of the governments plans support their quest to make money. What really has been announced are improvements that help those with investments in the tourist industry.

Water, sewage, electricity and roads help the people.
What is airport going to do for the people?
Not the privileged, the people.

There was an announcement made there was an initiative to help goat farmers in the region.
I wonder what happened to that. :unsure:

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
"To promote tourism " ...in that particular area of the country.How else does the leader of this country that relies on "tourism " and remittance dollars walk away at the end of his term and leave a legacy?? How does he insure the future for the DR? Sure there are many here that will boo hoo, woe is me, I lost my private little beach that was all mine until that big ole AI hotel came here and took it away. BTW employing thousands of workers. Y'all that don't work anymore, sit back and collect a SS check and crack open a cold one at will...for the greater percentage of that group remember, this is not your country. You have no say in the matter and no vote. In fact, the gov. and the ppl of the DR couldn't care less about your about your inconveniences .
And for the citizens of this country they will find a beach to take their family to. They know where to go and spend time with the family and MAYBE even have a job at the airport, taxi, hotels and have a life outside of starving, poor, and waiting for their remittance check on the first of the month.

Any ideas how you get millions of dollars from a loan facility to do infrastructure work? Luis knows bc he is smart. He goes to the lenders and shows his plan as to how the country will pay the loans. Not developing and holding back is asinine. So he developes, promotes and developes some more. He is very smart.

Reactions: JD Jones and aarhus

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
If tourism is the "oil" of the 🇩🇴 ❓
Is the natural beauty of the country (a national resource) being used for the benefit of the entire country?

Take Saudi Arabia for example?
What is the poverty rate there?

I am a stone cold capitalist.
And therefore I know you can't get anything done if you cannot get the capital in the first place.
I was not born with capital.
So, you get it by being smart, hustling or grinding.
I'm a little short in the smarts department so I had to grind it out.

I believe there is such a thing as "ethical capitalism".
But it is up to each individual capitalist to implement.
If public resources are being used by the capitalists they must give back.
If they do not, then the government must step in.

The government is suppose to be the entity that takes care of the people.
I'll stand by and watch and see if it happens here in 🇩🇴.
I have traveled all over the world.
And the biggest difference I have seen between developed and developing nations is the respective governmental investment in infrastructure.
Infrastructure creates opportunities for capitalists and better living conditions for the general public.

This is not a response to @johne post #91.
But simply another opinion as to why I believe infrastructure (the basic kind that helps all people) is so important.

Reactions: johne
Jan 9, 2004
"To promote tourism " ...in that particular area of the country.How else does the leader of this country that relies on "tourism " and remittance dollars walk away at the end of his term and leave a legacy?? How does he insure the future for the DR? Sure there are many here that will boo hoo, woe is me, I lost my private little beach that was all mine until that big ole AI hotel came here and took it away. BTW employing thousands of workers. Y'all that don't work anymore, sit back and collect a SS check and crack open a cold one at will...for the greater percentage of that group remember, this is not your country. You have no say in the matter and no vote. In fact, the gov. and the ppl of the DR couldn't care less about your about your inconveniences .
And for the citizens of this country they will find a beach to take their family to. They know where to go and spend time with the family and MAYBE even have a job at the airport, taxi, hotels and have a life outside of starving, poor, and waiting for their remittance check on the first of the month.

Any ideas how you get millions of dollars from a loan facility to do infrastructure work? Luis knows bc he is smart. He goes to the lenders and shows his plan as to how the country will pay the loans. Not developing and holding back is asinine. So he developes, promotes and developes some more. He is very smart.
To your point somewhat. The Southwest has been talked about and talked about for at least the last 35 years as the next great tourist destination in the DR. Now it is beginning to come to fruition under President Abinader.

Actions speak louder than words. He is finding a way to actually get it done as opposed to telling the people what he is going to do..........which always seemed to what took place under previous administrations.

He is creating (hopefully) a new tourist mecca that will not only provide thousands of new jobs and spawn many new independent businesses, but more importantly helps to economically lift up the second poorest province in the DR.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Jan 9, 2004
From Todays DR1 News;

This will prime the pump, so to speak, for more hotels to consider/announce they will be joining Iberostar, creating critical mass in the Southwest.

Kudos to Abinader, he is doing everything to make it happen.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It is all about AI resorts and Cruise ships. The next new shiny ones are in the works. Great revenue for the DR government. First resort on government land, even. That shows how important it is. Is not Marriott already on board as another developer?

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas
Jan 9, 2004
It is all about AI resorts and Cruise ships. The next new shiny ones are in the works. Great revenue for the DR government. First resort on government land, even. That shows how important it is. Is not Marriott already on board as another developer?

The information I had was back in April that Iberostar was first onboard to build……and based on today’s news……that report looks to be accurate.

The other hotels mentioned as having committed are Karisma and Hilton. I have heard no reports about Marriott……but that would not surprise me as they have take an ever larger presence in the DR with their partnering with Blue Diamond Resorts and the development of the upscale/upmarket St. Regis project in Punta Cana.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2