Cangrejos Bridge Has New Damage

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Do you know that it won't be happening?
I do not. I was expressing my opinion. Since this is a public forum to do that. Next time I will state "in my opinion" in order to make things clear for you.
I hope it WILL be happening in the not-too-distant future, because it is ridiculous all the heavy traffic going around the tortuous alternative route.
I actually agree with you my man.
In case you have not been reading any of my previous posts...
I am a proponent of "real" infrastructure in the 🇩🇴 .

Infrastructure: "the basic physical and organizational structures and facilities (e.g. buildings, roads, power supplies) needed for the operation of a society or enterprise."

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I do not. I was expressing my opinion. Since this is a public forum to do that. Next time I will state "in my opinion" in order to make things clear for you.

I actually agree with you my man.
In case you have not been reading any of my previous posts...
I am a proponent of "real" infrastructure in the 🇩🇴 .

Infrastructure: "the basic physical and organizational structures and facilities (e.g. buildings, roads, power supplies) needed for the operation of a society or enterprise."
Sorry, but I don't understand why you think you have to give me the definition of infrastructure!

• Haha
Reactions: JD Jones

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Sorry, but I don't understand why you think you have to give me the definition of infrastructure!
I was not giving you the definition of infrastructure.
I know you are a very intelligent human being that knows many things.

Post #21 was a response to you because you asked me a specific question (first half of my post).
And since this is a public forum if was also a response for the general readership to take in (second half of my post).

I provided a definition of infrastructure in order to clarify what I mean when I used the term.
Because, I see the term being thrown around all over DR1 and in news articles posted here for projects that are really no more than developments or improvements.
I provided a definition of infrastructure to point out the difference.

Do you understand now?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Went across it at 3 pm this afternoon. Cant even tell the beam preventing trucks was even damaged. I was cursing the lack of infrastructure as I drove through Santiago where six lanes of traffic were trying to squeeze in three lanes of road. Thinking how much worse it would have been if they didn't have the bypass highway, which is , of course, improved infrastructure.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Before they can start construction on a new bridge they need to finish upgrading the detour.... there is no place to put another bridge except in the same location as the old one, so means tearing that one out and putting in something brand new.... they are still working on widening the detour but most of the asphalt has been placed.....

Reactions: Buzzard

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Before they can start construction on a new bridge they need to finish upgrading the detour.... there is no place to put another bridge except in the same location as the old one, so means tearing that one out and putting in something brand new.... they are still working on widening the detour but most of the asphalt has been placed.....
The original announcement for the new bridge indicated it would be built alongside the old one and not in its place. I certainly hope that is true and the detour is not needed while that new bridge is being built.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
Ha, let's do a poll, how many actually think they will do anything about the bridge? I really hope they do build a new one, but I really doubt they will. They have found a "working" solution to the problem. So until either the bridge collapse by itself or the truckers/people living on the detour road get so feed up with using that road that something happens, nothing is going to change..

Reactions: bellakins

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Heavy trucks need to go around -- is that right??

The various construction projects east of the bridge get their cement from PP.
Projects including Playa Grande which is in full swing. Not unusual to see 5-6-7 trucks in convoy of their way to RSJ / Cabrera /Abreu area on #5

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Ha, let's do a poll, how many actually think they will do anything about the bridge? I really hope they do build a new one, but I really doubt they will. They have found a "working" solution to the problem. So until either the bridge collapse by itself or the truckers/people living on the detour road get so feed up with using that road that something happens, nothing is going to change..
Unfortunately you may be correct. The North Coast is not a priority and there is much precedent for announcing and cancelling several infrastructure projects already.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
Heavy trucks need to go around -- is that right??

The various construction projects east of the bridge get their cement from PP.
Projects including Playa Grande which is in full swing. Not unusual to see 5-6-7 trucks in convoy of their way to RSJ / Cabrera /Abreu area on #5
Yes that's correct. However, it wouldn't surprise me if projects east of cabarete take their materials from Santiago/Moca instead of from PP.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Yes that's correct. However, it wouldn't surprise me if projects east of cabarete take their materials from Santiago/Moca instead of from PP.
Logistics again....no good road from there to the east.... Moca Rd under construction and GH-Tenares road sucks..... so PP is the best solution....

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
The construction of as new bridge is a good political campaign promise.

JJ

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
From Sosua News:

August 19, 2022​

The Cangrejos bridge

Last Wednesday it happened, despite all the warning signs a truck drove over the bridge against the beam. A beam is mounted on both sides of the bridge, so that higher vehicles, such as trucks, cannot drive over the provisionally repaired bridge. But on Wednesday there was a driver who tried.​

There is still a lot of talk about the bridge. A new bridge has to be built, that's for sure. But on the other hand, it is a kind of band-aid for the state of the road network in the north of the country. The north has suffered greatly from the Corona crisis. Now that tourism is picking up again, people will have to work with all their might to let the north coast benefit.​

The Cangrejos bridge

The Cangrejos bridge​

Much needs to be done to improve the infrastructure of the north coast and not just a new bridge.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Heres some good news
On detrás del rumor is an article with pics of what the new bridge will look like.
claims it will be ready in 7 months

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
1663105948142.png
1663105971599.png
1663105994298.png