DR Nights and Playboy Vacation in the News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2004
I dont think the Cabanas are even remotely a Problem .. their Whole Business Model is based on DISCRETION.... Even the Garage Door spells this out .. No Lic Plates, no faces .
When you order food, you dont even show your face .. Its Discreet Short Stay Hotel by 2 or more consenting adults who check in together or separately even .
No one even checks you in , so no one can even be accused of pimping girls to you .

even if the brightest Light were to shine on them, it would not affect Tourism one bit ..
So IMO they do not belong in the same group as " Sex Tourism" hotels and Clubs etc .
The Cabanas existed long before tourism, or even sex tourism, was even a thought. It was strictly local in nature.

Some may find it hard to believe, but many poorer Dominicans also took family there as a sort of a mini day vacation to enjoy the tv, ac, and food.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: keepcoming

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
A few years ago, when the AC broke at my MIL house, we all went and slept at a Cabana for the night. It was nice, clean and served its purpose.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
To me the problem is the business model of a Punta Cana resort and that brand being used for this type of business. Very different from cabañas often located remotely from recidencial areas etc and also very different from the sleazy bars of the capital and Sosua/Boca Chica and Punta Cana - Bavaro etc which will always be there. I was able to open the rdnights website and it does look like a resort and that business model used for a large brothel. I just think it’s over the top.
Just in case you were not aware - there are dozens of places that offer these services in PC, Cabarete, Puerto Plata, Sosua and Santo Domingo.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Just in case you were not aware - there are dozens of places that offer these services in PC, Cabarete, Puerto Plata, Sosua and Santo Domingo.
Not like that. Did you see their website?

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
I dont think the Cabanas are even remotely a Problem .. their Whole Business Model is based on DISCRETION.... Even the Garage Door spells this out .. No Lic Plates, no faces .
When you order food, you dont even show your face .. Its Discreet Short Stay Hotel by 2 or more consenting adults who check in together or separately even .
No one even checks you in , so no one can even be accused of pimping girls to you .

even if the brightest Light were to shine on them, it would not affect Tourism one bit ..
So IMO they do not belong in the same group as " Sex Tourism" hotels and Clubs etc .
Think I would rather take my chances with a place that does check you, just to make sure that the consenting adults requirement is met.

Jan 9, 2004
Yes, like that. And better.

Some of them even have only European women.
Which now raises (again) the issue of international human trafficking.

And many of those women (Eastern European) are brought here by organized Russian criminal networks.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: aarhus

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Think I would rather take my chances with a place that does check you, just to make sure that the consenting adults requirement is met.
You are obviously not Dominican .. the Cabanas are designed for Dominicans .
For traveling Tourists perhaps a Hotel is best .
But I am also pretty sure that the decision process of who you take in your Room is your responsibility either way .
I dont think the Hotel is responsible for the Guest(s) you Choose . Unless of course they have a strict NO Guest Policy .

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

Yes, I agree entirely. But it would be a problem if there was an international article saying "this is where the Dominicans go to have illicit sex" and there was a web page offering prostitutes available for a particular cabaña.

I have been told by various Dominicans that the point of cabañas is to enable (ahem) married couples to have some privacy and intimacy away from their kids, since many families live in cramped conditions. You have to love that explanation doncha...

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
The sex vacation guys in Punta Cana rent rooms on an as needed basis in one or two of the regular resorts in PC, and IIRC, they also rent a villa. It's not the resorts per se.

Playboy vacations is/was associated with a sex expert named Travis who is in Canada. They have a picture of a well know hotel in Sosua with a pool overlooking Sosua bay.

I say was because today his website is down and the playboy site is blocked in the DR. What a surprise

Of course, those with VPN's can still access the site.
That's exactly how they operate,don't ask me how I know,lol. I met the owner of DR Nights over ten years ago,he is a young dominican.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Which now raises (again) the issue of international human trafficking.

And many of those women (Eastern European) are brought here by organized Russian criminal networks.
I once again see accusations of criminal activity being conducted.
And once again I ask the basis of the proof to support your statements made above.

Or is this your opinion?

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I once again see accusations of criminal activity being conducted.
And once again I ask the basis of the proof to support your statements made above.

Or is this your opinion?
I don’t know anything about that but I wonder if those European women have cedulas.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Yes, I agree entirely. But it would be a problem if there was an international article saying "this is where the Dominicans go to have illicit sex" and there was a web page offering prostitutes available for a particular cabaña.

I have been told by various Dominicans that the point of cabañas is to enable (ahem) married couples to have some privacy and intimacy away from their kids, since many families live in cramped conditions. You have to love that explanation doncha...
But there are websites where prostitutes advertise that they can meet you at a particular cabaña.
Type in cabaña into google maps and see what comes up.
Locations with pictures and reviews.

Type in cabaña into google maps and see what comes up.
Locations with pictures and reviews.
They leave very little left for the imagination.
So much for discretion @jd426
To me the problem is the business model of a Punta Cana resort and that brand being used for this type of business. Very different from cabañas often located remotely from recidencial areas etc and also very different from the sleazy bars of the capital and Sosua/Boca Chica and Punta Cana - Bavaro etc which will always be there. I was able to open the rdnights website and it does look like a resort and that business model used for a large brothel. I just think it’s over the top.
I see absolutely no problem with the business model.
This activity is occurring inside of resorts and villas.
No one who is not looking ever knows what is going on behind closed doors.
That is absolutely the same as a cabaña.
When it comes to anyones aversion to "sleazy bars" you simply do not have to patronize them.
I don’t know anything about that but I wonder if those European women have cedulas.
I have no answer to your question. My post was addressed the writer of post #47 to address the unsupported accusations of criminal activity.

But for you information, having a cedula is not a requirement to visit the 🇩🇴 on engage in consensual sexual activity while they are here.
I would imagine that they would at least need to show their passport in order to check into a hotel or visit a guest.
Cabañas don't require guests to show them in order to check in.
And those who don't have aversions to patronizing "sleazy bars" can simply ask the woman in question if they have one.;)

How many people even knew about the websites given in the CDN.com article before this thread was started by the OP ❓
The news media is promoting it.

The reputation of the 🇩🇴 remains unsullied.
Wanna challenge me on that❓
Check the ever increasing tourist numbers.
And to think people have predicted that they are going to decline due to interest rates going up and economic contraction.

There are many statements I have made in this post that are facts. And can be proven. Many others are opinions. It is left as an exercise to the reader figure it out.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
During Semana Santa, you will see entire families booking in for a few days..... children playing in the driveway

If the Cabana is near a beach...,. they do this

Reactions: aarhus
Jan 9, 2004
No. They arrive with tourist visas and just overstay. They are rotated out usually every 6 months or so.......unless deported or killed (one working Russian young lady was literally beheaded in PC......but not from "the business."

There have been several national and international investigations regarding the trafficking and many closures of clubs and or properties conducting "the business."

The two in recent memory, although there have been more, involved the Doll House in Santo Domingo and Pasions in Santiago. Another in PC, I forget the name, but that owner (Dominican) was sent to prison. All were prosecuted for human trafficking.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
No. They arrive with tourist visas and just overstay. They are rotated out usually every 6 months or so.......unless deported or killed (one working Russian young lady was literally beheaded in PC......but not from "the business."

There have been several national and international investigations regarding the trafficking and many closures of clubs and or properties conducting "the business."

The two in recent memory, although there have been more, involved the Doll House in Santo Domingo and Pasions in Santiago. Another in PC, I forget the name, but that owner (Dominican) was sent to prison. All were prosecuted for human trafficking.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Of course I can see that is how they would do it. It is not a formal job. They are “freelancers”.

D'Arcy (Apostropheman)

Karma, it's worth waiting for ;)
Apr 10, 2022
Here and there
Oh, I am pretty certain that these resorts asked someone to do that piece on them. It is all written in a positive way, explaining exactly how the service works, it just feels like they were complicit in getting it published. It will do their business good, they will get a lot of new customers. But it will also put their businesses under the radar of people like David Collado and I just suspect they won't last much longer as a result. As we all know, the Ministry of Tourism has a very fixed view on what they want people to think of Dominican Republic and sex tourism is definitely not it.
Interesting, I had not looked at it that way. If you're right then they are tremendously foolish.

Jan 9, 2004
Of course I can see that is how they would do it. It is not a formal job. They are “freelancers”.
I am not sure I would use the term "freelancers" to describe the out of country women being brought here, or in the alternative the Dominican women being sent to work in Switzerland, Italy, Trinidad, and Panama to name but a few places. They are all answering to someone other than themselves.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: JD Jones

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I am not sure I would use the term "freelancers" to describe the out of country women being brought here, or in the alternative the Dominican women being sent to work in Switzerland, Italy, Trinidad, and Panama to name but a few places. They are all answering to someone other than themselves.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
You are probably right.

Status
Not open for further replies.