W Hotel Cabarete

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

A BEACHFRONT DESTINATION OF ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES​

The W Hotel & Residences Cabarete presents a daring new vision for luxury beach living. Boldly designed and precisely detailed, this exclusive hospitality experience has been thoughtfully re-imagined. Oversized balconies, towering floor-to-ceiling windows, and panoramic beach and ocean views set the tone of W Cabarete’s signature ambiance. It’s an anything-but-ordinary experience in the heart of the Caribbean's most vibrant surf and waterfront beach community

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Now that work started at the beach in Sosua, how long can it be before the W finally gets going?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Probably very long if their plan is to build 7 story buildings
Money normally changes everything, but they were stopped while trying to build the Ritz Carlton Reserve at La Boca.
Time will tell what happens in Cabarete. The signs have been up for a long time now.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006

A BEACHFRONT DESTINATION OF ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES​

The W Hotel & Residences Cabarete presents a daring new vision for luxury beach living. Boldly designed and precisely detailed, this exclusive hospitality experience has been thoughtfully re-imagined. Oversized balconies, towering floor-to-ceiling windows, and panoramic beach and ocean views set the tone of W Cabarete’s signature ambiance. It’s an anything-but-ordinary experience in the heart of the Caribbean's most vibrant surf and waterfront beach community
Their billboards around the site says "look for us in 2024" as in mañana, mañana,manana!

Reactions: windeguy

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Hey, how about that new apartment complex going up next to the Miami Bar on the Puerto Plata Malecon?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Hey, how about that new apartment complex going up next to the Miami Bar on the Puerto Plata Malecon?
I don't think anyone in Cabarete cares. I know I don't. (just kidding). There is a new project across from Linares in Cabarete, but
it has nothing to do with the W. There are many housing projects on the north coast under way. The Malecon construction in Puerto Plata is just another one.

Now when will Marriott ever start W-work in Cabarete?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Apparently, there is another W resort under construction in Úvero Alto (Punta Cana).

B3BA2622-4DF2-4B2D-920F-42B7872B9F97.jpeg

Listín Diario 11/1/22, pg. 9.

Are these the only W resorts for the DR?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Well, The W is still not happening in Cabarete unless something started up in the past couple of days.

Taylor

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Jan 28, 2005
Wonder who bought the parcel next to Ultravioletta - looks like another condo project.

Traffic is going to be a nightmare in Cabarete if all these projects get completed

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Wonder who bought the parcel next to Ultravioletta - looks like another condo project.

Traffic is going to be a nightmare in Cabarete if all these projects get completed
Not to worry. I'm sure one of our members who lives in that part of the world will tell you EVERYTHING you need to know about the parcel, owner AND what they will do, or will not do there. Be patient you will get ADVANCED AND INSIDE STORY...I'm sure.

Jun 21, 2021
Cabarete
I don't think anyone in Cabarete cares. I know I don't. (just kidding). There is a new project across from Linares in Cabarete, but
it has nothing to do with the W. There are many housing projects on the north coast under way. The Malecon construction in Puerto Plata is just another one.

Now when will Marriott ever start W-work in Cabarete?
the new project across from Linares is the completion of the Millenium villas, the big excavation beside Linares will be called Plaza Janets and will have a new supermarket and liquor store, the sign frame went up last week.

Reactions: cavok

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
the new project across from Linares is the completion of the Millenium villas, the big excavation beside Linares will be called Plaza Janets and will have a new supermarket and liquor store, the sign frame went up last week.
I'm sure the owner of La Rosa isn't happy about that. I was wondering what was going in there.