Has American citizens 🇺🇸 lost theirs “charms” in recent years with the Dominican women ?

rey

Jan 2, 2007
Here it’s a questions targeted directly for the old timers of DR1 and anyone living in DR for more than a decade… Has Americans lost theirs charm In last recent years with Dominican females ? … allowed me to rephrase the question utilizing more contemporary words (slangs) , DO American shine less than years ago as far as sparking an interest on female for the simple fact of being an American 🇺🇸 ?

My friend told me that 20 years ago Dominican women will throw them self at you just cause you were an American citizen , Are those days over ?

IF yes , what cause the decline ?

rey

Jan 2, 2007
Are you serious? Is this what you're basing your trip on? Lost their charms? Money never loses its charm.
Thanks for you input …

NO , my trip is base on leaving the matrix behind ; just making conversation

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Based on your profile you have been here before. Times have changed. What charms are you speaking of? Be clear.

Reactions: rey

rey

Jan 2, 2007
Based on your profile you have been here before. Times have changed. What charms are you speaking of? Be clear.
The charm is being an US CITIZEN …. what do you mean what charm , every one knows that was a HUGE plus being an american 20 years ago as far as sparking Dominican women interest

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
The charm is being an US CITIZEN …. what do you mean what charm , every one knows that was a HUGE plus being an american 20 years ago as far as sparking Dominican women interest
If you are basing a relationship on this, being an American Citizen? Then good luck, you deserve what you get. You are not so innocent; you have been in DR before. Is that all you have to offer, being an US citizen. Not all Dominican women want this. Huge plus? You sell yourself short....

Last edited:

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Here it’s a questions targeted directly for the old timers of DR1 and anyone living in DR for more than a decade… Has Americans lost theirs charm In last recent years with Dominican females ? … allowed me to rephrase the question utilizing more contemporary words (slangs) , DO American shine less than years ago as far as sparking an interest on female for the simple fact of being an American 🇺🇸 ?

My friend told me that 20 years ago Dominican women will throw them self at you just cause you were an American citizen , Are those days over ?

Apparently they do not have the patience for this anymore. Both men and women. I can tell you from first hand experience that they are taking a large number of yolas to Puerto Rico, or going to a Honduras or other counties that do not require visas and are making the long trek to the US/Mexican border. They all have social media and the news and read about how they are being housed in hotels one block from Times Square with health insurance and three meals per day. Why mess around with an old gringo anymore?

Reactions: rey

rey

Jan 2, 2007
Apparently they do not have the patience for this anymore. Both men and women. I can tell you from first hand experience that they are taking a large number of yolas to Puerto Rico, or going to a Honduras or other counties that do not require visas and are making the long trek to the US/Mexican border. They all have social media and the news and read about how they are being housed in hotels one block from Times Square with health insurance and three meals per day. Why mess around with an old gringo anymore?
Jjajajaja

Good input

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003

Perhaps your friend with 20 year old view points is not aware of the strong, independent position Dominican women have achieved over that period of time? Some of those ideas might have a genesis born in some northern cities that have gained a reputation as a "sin city". Your friend is old, old, old and you are trying to put a "shine" on antiquated views toward the real women of the D.R. Try walking around Naco, Piatini, etc, in the capital for a week and form your opinpons from what you observe. Ask those women( those in business dress), and those going to the universities what they think. That would be a more "contemporary " inquiry" NOT the advise of some old farts trying to re-live their past.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Times have changed a lot over the years and although money is and always will be a huge influence, it is not the only influence. Having access to better education than before there are more students at university studying for a career. You will always find opportunists, especially in the areas such as Boca Chica, Sosua, Cabarete etc. but as Johne says above, if you walk around many areas in Santo Domingo and even Santiago, you will find a totally different attitude towards foreigners. Many of them won't even give you the time of day because many Dominican women relate foreign men to the sex trade readily available here. It is changing very slowly, which is very positive, but there is still a long way to go. I have lived here for 20 years, married to a Dominican lady and I have a 19 year old daughter and it is interesting to see her, and her university friends attitudes towards foreigners...they are just not interested. It is also how you educate your children that can make a difference.
And when it comes to the chance of getting a visa, the funny thing is that many women try everything they can to get one, especially by marrying a foreigner, but it is incredible the amount of women that have left the DR only to return saying that life is in fact better here in the DR!

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
From what you posted in other threads - this is yet another of a multitude of stupid questions,
I'd say charm is something you will need to work on, as well as whatever you are using to translate your questions into English.
You can have a relationship sure, but there are not many women here who think Americans or other foreigners, for that metter, are any great shakes.
However based on your English, it appears you are not likely a natural born US citizen

A good percentage of the time you make no sense

rey

Jan 2, 2007
From what you posted in other threads - this is yet another of a multitude of stupid questions,
I'd say charm is something you will need to work on, as well as whatever you are using to translate your questions into English.
You can have a relationship sure, but there are not many women here who think Americans or other foreigners, for that metter, are any great shakes.
However based on your English, it appears you are not likely a natural born US citizen

A good percentage of the time you make no sense

HEY ! You need to show respect to all members of this forum and their opinions: you didn’t read the rules and regulation of the forum ? Are we clear ? I AM GOING TO NEED YOU TO MAINTAIN A HIGH LEVEL OF SENSITIVITY AND RESPECT AND PROFESSIONALISM WHEN YOU REPLIED TO THREADS FROM ME or ANY OTHER MEMBER …. DO YOU COPY ?

by the way :

F.U. M.F …. How is that English for you ?

rey

Jan 2, 2007
Times have changed a lot over the years and although money is and always will be a huge influence, it is not the only influence. Having access to better education than before there are more students at university studying for a career. You will always find opportunists, especially in the areas such as Boca Chica, Sosua, Cabarete etc. but as Johne says above, if you walk around many areas in Santo Domingo and even Santiago, you will find a totally different attitude towards foreigners. Many of them won't even give you the time of day because many Dominican women relate foreign men to the sex trade readily available here. It is changing very slowly, which is very positive, but there is still a long way to go. I have lived here for 20 years, married to a Dominican lady and I have a 19 year old daughter and it is interesting to see her, and her university friends attitudes towards foreigners...they are just not interested. It is also how you educate your children that can make a difference.
And when it comes to the chance of getting a visa, the funny thing is that many women try everything they can to get one, especially by marrying a foreigner, but it is incredible the amount of women that have left the DR only to return saying that life is in fact better here in the DR!
Great answer sir

rey

Jan 2, 2007
If you are basing a relationship on this, being an American Citizen? Then good luck, you deserve what you get. You are not so innocent; you have been in DR before. Is that all you have to offer, being an US citizen. Not all Dominican women want this. Huge plus? You sell yourself short....
You right , I didn’t see like that … you make sense

Thanks

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
HEY ! You need to show respect to all members of this forum and their opinions: you didn’t read the rules and regulation of the forum ? Are we clear ? I AM GOING TO NEED YOU TO MAINTAIN A HIGH LEVEL OF SENSITIVITY AND RESPECT AND PROFESSIONALISM WHEN YOU REPLIED TO THREADS FROM ME or ANY OTHER MEMBER …. DO YOU COPY ?

by the way :

F.U. M.F …. How is that English for you ?
So why are you typing in bold print (which is yelling) calling him a mother f*****r and telling him to f off.
Is that the type of respect you want?

rey

Jan 2, 2007
So why are you typing in bold print (which is yelling) calling him a mother f*****r and telling him to f off.
Is that the type of respect you want?
“Those who want respect , give respect”

rey

Jan 2, 2007
You right , am reading about that now on google … GREAT answer sir

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
“Those who want respect , give respect”
You sure go about in a strange way. In my corner of the world respect is a mutual thing. Asking weird questions and not being able to accept responses from people on a public forum shows immaturity. Then blowing up over it shows stupidity and a complete lack of manners.
You should try Tic Tok. They seem to attract your type.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Truth. I have a very similar siuation as you. Step daughter is 19 y.p and studying at a University in Santo Domingo.Your comparisons to how the young ladies look at foreigners, especially is they don't SPEAK SPANISH,
is laser focused! I will take the liberty of adding to your comment of "they won't give you the time of day"...to "they won't give you the dirt off of the bottom of their shoes" which is a phrase I learned in southern Ga.