A Traffic Jam in Santiago

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
My favorite is here in front of my house.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I've never owned an American car, but if my Lotto numbers came in I think I would seriously consider the new Corvette C8 Z06. It's simply stunning. Ferrari looks and performance but half the cost. I would guess more reliable too. I haven't read a bad review of it yet. All the journos certainly seem to laud it.

Reactions: cavok and bachata

Pikobello

Nov 12, 2020
Santo Domingo
I've never owned an American car, but if my Lotto numbers came in I think I would seriously consider the new Corvette C8 Z06. It's simply stunning. Ferrari looks and performance but half the cost. I would guess more reliable too. I haven't read a bad review of it yet. All the journos certainly seem to laud it.
Well and where here in this country you'll enjoy this kind of performance? Yeah I know, in front of the Disco.... A Ferrari or Corvette or Porsche makes sence and brings joy where you can really feel the power/speed of the car, but on this streets here your better with a tank...

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The thing most people don't realize about Ferrari is that they look nice and the driver gets a boost as people notice the car everywhere it goes, but very quickly they become uncomfortable. A Corvette probably is more comfortable to be in for long periods of time. Plus, American vehicles are designed for the comfort of larger people in mind considering most Americsns are larger than say most Japanese. That's one of the reasons American cars tend to feel much more comfortable than say certain cars from Japan. Ferrari's are Italian, but even if you get into normal Italian cars like Fiat they don't feel as comfortable as an American car, though more comfortable than a Ferrari.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The thing most people don't realize about Ferrari is that they look nice and the driver gets a boost as people notice the car everywhere it goes, but very quickly they become uncomfortable. A Corvette probably is more comfortable to be in for long periods of time. Plus, American vehicles are designed for the comfort of larger people in mind considering most Americsns are larger than say most Japanese. That's one of the reasons American cars tend to feel much more comfortable than say certain cars from Japan. Ferrari's are Italian, but even if you get into normal Italian cars like Fiat they don't feel as comfortable as an American car, though more comfortable than a Ferrari.
I don't know about now, but that used to be the case with German cars, too. Years ago, one friend of mine had a new Cadillac and the other a top-of-the-line Mercedes model. As far as comfort goes, the Cadillac won hands down. The leather seats in the Mercedes were hard, suspension was stiff, much more noise inside from the tires, engine, and transmission. Also, the Mercedes A/C system couldn't compare with the Cadillac "Climatrol" system.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Go sit in a Corvette...... seat is almost on the floor...... VERY uncomfortable for me....

I wouldn't take it if you gave me one.... Corvette............ and I 've had/have very good cars..... incl Italian !!

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I rented a Ferrari a few times while visiting my son out in Texas years ago. Nice cars. They are way over rated in my opinion but were a fantastic tool to really piss off my baby's mother.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I rented a Ferrari a few times while visiting my son out in Texas years ago. Nice cars. They are way over rated in my opinion but were a fantastic tool to really piss off my baby's mother.
My ex-wife pissed up last year when she saw me driver a alta-gama loaner car in DR.

JJ

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Go sit in a Corvette...... seat is almost on the floor...... VERY uncomfortable for me....

I wouldn't take it if you gave me one.... Corvette............ and I 've had/have very good cars..... incl Italian !!
Yeah but when you were young you would have loved sitting low with one hand on the wheel and one on the gearshift.. and a babe in a mini-shirt braless in a tie-dyed tank top along for a ride with James Gang and Jimi Hendrix blasting from your 8-track

Now that it's harder to tie your shoes, and you prefer swinging in and out level and holding your coffee as you ride with a smooth shifting automatic you realize comfort beats flash. Just like you like a nice mattress.

I had an Alpha Romeo. Fun to drive but it literally was in the shop more than on the street.
If you like going to the mechanic - buy Italian. If you don't buy Japanese.

Reactions: AlterEgo

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I was younger when I tried it..... and hated it

1969 Shelby Mustang GT500 - thank you
like this but red interior

1674395160750.png

Reactions: CristoRey

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
A custom Vette with a short truck bed would be more practical in the DR. lol

Regards,

PJT

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
You wonder why is the Vette so high? Then you ride on Dominican streets…

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
March 4, 2023

This one is not in Santiago, but instead in Jarabacoa. I don't think this need its own thread in this very same sub-forum.

A McLaren zipping through the streets of Jarabacoa. After the little run, the driver of the ATV has a quick chat with the driver of the McLaren and wish him to further enjoy the beautiful car.

3:55; 9:18 when he has the quick chat with the driver of the McLaren.