Dominican Dating Culture

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Believe me..there are no luxury hotels here that a wealthy person would think of coming to. Say what you will in support of tourism here. You are only fooling yourself. With all the other very beautiful islands that know how to create the “luxury feel” of a real 5 star hotel. There are none here and if you have ever been to a truly starred hotel/resort you know what I am speaking to. If you have not…enjoy your A1 with 1000 others in the pool. Gorgeous beaches here without the attendant gorgeous service, food or accommodations.
You mean to tell me all the fat people walking around P.C with the florescent colored bracelets entitling them to extra mashed potatoes and two desserts, wearing sports jerseys and crocs, with baseball hats on backwards, emblazoned with local 22a steam fitters', union, sporting goatees are not staying in 5-star accommodations?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Believe me..there are no luxury hotels here that a wealthy person would think of coming to. Say what you will in support of tourism here. You are only fooling yourself. With all the other very beautiful islands that know how to create the “luxury feel” of a real 5 star hotel. There are none here and if you have ever been to a truly starred hotel/resort you know what I am speaking to. If you have not…enjoy your A1 with 1000 others in the pool. Gorgeous beaches here without the attendant gorgeous service, food or accommodations.
And you know this how? Have you personally checked places like Casa de Campo, https://www.aman.com/resorts/amanera....and found they don't meet your seal of approval for the truly rich?

• Haha
Reactions: PCMike and JD Jones

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Is this still the Dominican Dating Culture thread? I'm confused.

This thread is like the old game of “telephone “ I played as a kid. Off on tangents. One person mentions that Dominican dating culture doesn’t include foreigners meeting well-to-do Dominicans, then we get into definitions of those Dominicans, how they live and where they vacation. Or don’t vacation. And here we are, golfing in PC and renting villas in Casa De Campo. 🤷🏻‍♀️

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
You will keep up your diatribe that DR a poor country. Really..and where do you put the blame on this? Someone is making mucho $$$ but just not being parceled around. That same tired old mantra used only when convenient. Right?
Don't be foolish and don't put words in my mouth.
I'll leave it at that.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
You mean to tell me all the fat people walking around P.C with the florescent colored bracelets entitling them to extra mashed potatoes and two desserts, wearing sports jerseys and crocs, with baseball hats on backwards, emblazoned with local 22a steam fitters', union, sporting goatees are not staying in 5-star accommodations?
Again, you have no clue... Many of you have no conception of what Punta Cana has to offer. Fat people? You need to get out more. Let me know when you have actually been there.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Again, you have no clue... Many of you have no conception of what Punta Cana has to offer. Fat people? You need to get out more. Let me know when you have actually been there.
Don't waste your time responding to this nonsense. These hotels are WAY out of their price range so they really have no idea about what they are talking about............

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Everyone knows that there are some upscale accommodations in cap cana and the area. However, the majority of P.C caters to the AI clientele. The slack jaw mouth breathers that operate fork lifts and are union transit bus drivers back in Yonkers.

• Haha
Reactions: CristoRey

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Don't waste your time responding to this nonsense. These hotels are WAY out of their price range so they really have no idea about what they are talking about............
You must be joking.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Everyone knows that there are some upscale accommodations in cap cana and the area. However, the majority of P.C caters to the AI clientele. The slack jaw mouth breathers that operate fork lifts and are union transit bus drivers back in Yonkers.
Big, I don't know if it's your intent or not, but you're coming across as very elitist and arrogant. We agree on a lot of stuff but not this one.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Big, I don't know if it's your intent or not, but you're coming across as very elitist and arrogant. We agree on a lot of stuff but not this one.
Arrogance is guy that claims to tip 30% on a $500 tab and stays here.

371502654.jpg

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Society requires people to fill all jobs required to make it function, and if your toilet drain system isn't working you will be glad to have that slack jawed plumber fixing it. That is quite the bigoted statement above. Of course, the working class go to A1 that are affordable, most of them don't have large savings. I am going to one for 4 days at Easter myself, along with my wife and another couple. The other guy is a retired oil refinery commissioning engineer, but I guess now that he is a rancher, you would call him a mouth breathing cowboy.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
He always does come across as elitist and arrogant. I'm not sure if he really is or if it's all done to get attention from the rest of us mere mortals.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
He always does come across as elitist and arrogant. I'm not sure if he really is or if it's all done to get attention from the rest of us mere mortals.
The SECOND one describes him to a T..........."Anyone can be anything on the Internet" all you need is a computer..............

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I know absolutely nothing about dating in the USA but I follow the love affairs of some of my young Dominican friends with both pleasure and anxiety .They are for the most part of university age and their dating seems remarkably normal. They meet at University or through friends or maybe sharing a guagua and have a cheap meal and chat away . There is not an over emphasis on sex because a room in a cabana is cheap for them and their homes are crowded. I do not think any are more promiscuous than is normal and all are looking for a steady relationship. They often talk about the girls at discos who look nice but always cost money . All my young friends seem to believe that Dominican girls are looking for financial stability but I do not imagine that is abnormal. Gold diggers are found world over. People suggest here that Dominicans are very promiscuous but I believe that is only with one type of Dominican and is no different than the people who used to frequent the infamous singles bars in New York after work every night.
The one noticeable thing about most Dominicans is that they are extremely gregarious and flirty, more so than any other nationality that I have encountered. That trait should not be mis interpreted.

Reactions: Big

Big

Apr 24, 2019
"elitist and arrogant" , absolutely, thanks for the compliment Sir.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Arrogance is guy that claims to tip 30% on a $500 tab and stays here.

371502654.jpg
As a business traveler, I would stay at a motel 6 (and tip the chamber maid) before I vacationed at an AI in Punta Cana. They are strategically located near airports and interstates for quick entry and exit. Since this is about Dominican dating culture, there is a significant number of Dominican ladies that have zero interest in lodging at P.C with the beer swilling tourists who never leave the swimming pool. Many are too concerned about their Body Mass Index and would not feel comfortable interacting with Big Dan the dry wall man.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Society requires people to fill all jobs required to make it function, and if your toilet drain system isn't working you will be glad to have that slack jawed plumber fixing it. That is quite the bigoted statement above. Of course, the working class go to A1 that are affordable, most of them don't have large savings. I am going to one for 4 days at Easter myself, along with my wife and another couple. The other guy is a retired oil refinery commissioning engineer, but I guess now that he is a rancher, you would call him a mouth breathing cowboy.
pace yourself around the "all you can eat" dessert bar Bob, we want you around for another decade or two.