Dog Poop and no scoop

Taylor

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Jan 28, 2005
I went for a walk along Kite Beach yesterday, and I watched as 3 people let their dogs poop on the beach and never mind pick it up, they didn't bother to even cover it. Normally I might see that happen once, and further down in the less walked areas, but this was literally right in the scene where the hotels are, far from where the ocean would wash it away.

Do people just not care? How can the kiters tolerate that? Imagine landing your kite into a fresh pile or walking right into it on your way out.

Am I the only one bothered by this?

FGUnsworth1

Oct 18, 2003
I went for a walk along Kite Beach yesterday, and I watched as 3 people let their dogs poop on the beach and never mind pick it up, they didn't bother to even cover it. Normally I might see that happen once, and further down in the less walked areas, but this was literally right in the scene where the hotels are, far from where the ocean would wash it away.

Do people just not care? How can the kiters tolerate that? Imagine landing your kite into a fresh pile or walking right into it on your way out.

The government and Dominican people just don't care.
Have you seen the garbage on the streets, on the sidewalks, in the alley's and in the ditches?
It's left behind waiting for others to pass comment and uselessly worry over.
It's considered a tourist attraction. Just enjoy the sun and don't look down.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
It is way more dangerous to step in dog poo than in horse shit (even if that sucks also...). Worms...
you get bonus points for that one. Microbiology was boring to me; however, carnivore dung is definitely more dangerous than herbivore. dung. A dog is a omnivore which is both. A horse is basically a plant composting machine.

Reactions: HDR

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
you get bonus points for that one. Microbiology was boring to me; however, carnivore dung is definitely more dangerous than herbivore. dung. A dog is a omnivore which is both. A horse is basically a plant composting machine.
And they also have worms. Why do you think the Covid Vaccine Nazis were claiming Ivermectin was a horse dewormer?

Reactions: nanita

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Horse Poop is Harmless ,, in fact during desperate times after WW2 , people in Eastern Europe used to use it to smear on Dirt Floors because they had nothing else ... dont ask me why, but even in the early 70's I saw it with my own eyes . And its excellent for the Garden .

Dog Poop , i highly doubt any uses for it ..

Reactions: Big and irishpaddy

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

11+ years of living here and I've never seen nor heard of a Dominican picking up dog sh*t.

Reactions: nanita

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Horse Poop is Harmless ,, in fact during desperate times after WW2 , people in Eastern Europe used to use it to smear on Dirt Floors because they had nothing else ... dont ask me why, but even in the early 70's I saw it with my own eyes . And its excellent for the Garden .

Dog Poop , i highly doubt any uses for it ..

My neighbour's chickens disagree with you, they fight over the dog poop that I chuck over the fence ( dont nobody go crazy, this is campo, it goes into an overgrown field full of nothing )....... think of that next time you go for a picapollo 😆😆😆😆

Taylor

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Jan 28, 2005
For the OP: where the owner of the dogs Dominicans?
No, it's essentially all foreigners. I would say 80% are respectful, 20% are not. The thing is, there's a lot of dog owners in the condos along Kite Beach, and 20% ends up being a big number of dogs pooping all over a small area of the beach. When I walk the beach, I have to literally be watching where I step. I can't imagine how the kite surfers handle it

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No, it's essentially all foreigners. I would say 80% are respectful, 20% are not. The thing is, there's a lot of dog owners in the condos along Kite Beach, and 20% ends up being a big number of dogs pooping all over a small area of the beach. When I walk the beach, I have to literally be watching where I step. I can't imagine how the kite surfers handle it
I suspected as much. One poster above suggested it was a "cultural" thing and I was certain it was not Dominicans. Thank you for confirming it was not "cultural" at all.

• Haha
Reactions: CristoRey

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
When I had a dog here, I ALWAYS picked up after him, much to the amusement of Dominicans. I lived in NYC, where not picking up can get you a fairly decent-sized fine. To me, it's a no-brainer. But it goes along with mindless littering and cow-like acceptance of erratic power and non-potable water.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009

If it really bothers you; Just put some Signs in Spanish and English warning that "Rat Poison has been placed at the beach and the sourounding areas".
I had the same problem with my lawn that is accesable from a public street. Since i put a similar sign, people picking up their dogs and carrying them for 50 feet before and 50 feet after my Lawn LOL. JUST THE SIGN OK NOT ACTUAL POISON !!!!