Will fuel costs drop?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Oil has fallen over 15% in the past few days.
It is down near $66/bbl.
Will we see a drop in gasoline and diesel here in DR if these prices hold?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I forgot the number that Playcaribe posted here about the subsidy contribution. How will that affect the price to consumer when oil drops?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
It is down near $66/bbl.
Remember the prices have been frozen for months with the Govt. subsidy.

Reactions: drstock
Jan 9, 2004
It is down near $66/bbl.

Good question.

The government in January vowed to continue subsidies, but the price at which they target to provide subsidy is between 85-115 bbl WTI. Current price for May delivery is $67.01.

Now that it has fallen below their benchmark, will they also remove the subsidy.

Likely they will reduce or eliminate the subsidy at some point, but the price will probably remain the same for the foreseeable future.

They usually announce next weeks prices around this time on Friday’s……so we may get an idea very shortly.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Do fuel prices really affect anyone who can afford to leave their country of origin and live in a different country often maintaining a home in both locations ❓

Other than making a mental note and talking about it with my friends...it does not register in my monthly budget as significant amount.
Maybe that is just because: "I'm ballin 🏀 like a ************ pro".

Oil prices need to go down and stay down and even then they take a while to filter through to the consumer at the pump.
And let us not forget...there is a controlling authority with an interest in keeping oil prices at a certain level.
I have read that there are some serious capital expenditures on the line. 💸

Just my two pesos worth...

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Sometimes people here think of Dominicans and the effect that these high fuel prices have on their lives. Under the previous governments the price at the bowser was around the 100 pesos mark when the world price was around the $70 to $90 mark. At present the price is close to the 200 pesos mark. This government is doing very well with taxes on petrol and with their bloated number of employees ,I can see no hope of the price going down .

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I was very surprised to read someone mention that "sometimes people here think of Dominicans and the effect these high fuel prices have on their lives".

It is down near $66/bbl.
Was the OP thinking of the Dominicans affected by high fuel prices or his own pocket book?

10000 DOP a month ‼️

Do Dominicans that make that amount of money each month own vehicles ❓

Gringo or Dominican...if you can afford to buy a vehicle you can afford to put fuel in it.
No matter what the cost per gallon of the type of fuel your vehicle runs on.
Just my 2 pesos worth...