Has anyone HAD long delays at customs at the time departure (DR custom passport stamp booth)

rey

Jan 2, 2007
HAS ANYONE HAS HAD long delays at DR customs at the time departure ( DR custom stamp booth ) ?

OR

Has anyone ever experienced a “hard time “ at DR customs at time of departure ( DR custom stamp booth ) and IF so what was the issue and what was the outcome

Thanks

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Rey, can you be more specific? Have you experienced this or are you concerned about a particular issue?

rey

Jan 2, 2007
My mother it’s an old lady and was stop for 20 minutes at departure then let go … NO explanation given , just that they needed to double check something

*** I am guessing the fact that she has or has one of those green cards from the 80s that do NOT expire ever …. They started doing the 10 year expiration in the mid 90s

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
My mother it’s an old lady and was stop for 20 minutes at departure then let go … NO explanation given , just that they needed to double check something

*** I am guessing the fact that she has or has one of those green cards from the 80s that do NOT expire ever …. They started doing the 10 year expiration in the mid 90s
That is what it was. Migracion has to be sure that she can get where she is going. So the agent probably never saw one like it and needed to be sure she can enter the US with it..........

Reactions: CristoRey and rey

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
I left PC last tuesday and felt like an American inmate at some moment. We had to line up in the sun waiting for the bus to the plane while told to put our bag on the ground where the dog could smell our possible exóticos.
Then a 20 year old kid would walk in front of us looking us in the face.
That after paying only 1080 pesos for two beers (one P and my friend had another brand).
This country just don’t get it.
I told my family to see them in 20…

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
I left PC last tuesday and felt like an American inmate at some moment. We had to line up in the sun waiting for the bus to the plane while told to put our bag on the ground where the dog could smell our possible exóticos.
That after paying only 1080 pesos for two beers (one P and my friend had another brand).
Punta Cana? One of the busiest airports? I never flew into there. Anxious to hear if others had the same experience.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Punta Cana airport is a dreadful airport and has not been able to cope with the ever increasing number of passengers for many years . As Fulano 2 has written , they have no idea of how to care for passengers. The incoming passenger service is much worse than the outgoing service. Although it is closer to me than SDQ,I will not use it because of walking onto the tarmac in boiling heat to board planes and because of all the young inexperienced staff .

Reactions: Fulano2

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Punta Cana airport is a dreadful airport and has not been able to cope with the ever increasing number of passengers for many years . As Fulano 2 has written , they have no idea of how to care for passengers. The incoming passenger service is much worse than the outgoing service. Although it is closer to me than SDQ,I will not use it because of walking onto the tarmac in boiling heat to board planes and because of all the young inexperienced staff .

TERRIBLE worthless staff. Who hires those immature youngins?? I flew in from Germany and this elderly German lady in a wheelchair found out her luggage was lost, she spoke no Spanish and no English, but at the Lost and Found counter they forced her to download a translator app before they could even file the Loss report for her. They just didn't care.

Reactions: Fulano2

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
TERRIBLE worthless staff. Who hires those immature youngins?? I flew in from Germany and this elderly German lady in a wheelchair found out her luggage was lost, she spoke no Spanish and no English, but at the Lost and Found counter they forced her to download a translator app before they could even file the Loss report for her. They just didn't care.
What else could they have done if NO ONE can understand one word of German?

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Maybe they had some reason to suspect that someone was carrying drugs or was a known criminal - hence the bag sniffing and face inspection.

As for the 1080 pesos for two beers - unfortunately rip-offs like that are common in almost every airport in the world. They have you by the ....!

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
The dog inspection happened before, in SD airport, but in the jetway, not in the 02:00 sun waiting in line like inmates. One moment I thought being in “an officer and a gentleman” when this young Guy was walking in front of us and looking at us.
I have travelled before to say the least but € 20 for two inferior beers I have never ever paid.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
What else could they have done if NO ONE can understand one word of German?
In every AI staff, of at least some of them speak some german. Is it too much asked give some education to your staff?
How would you react if they wouldnt speak english and you not spanish?