Paying my share for the La Mulata road ...

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Good Idea Rocky......with notification first of course!!

We actually did that one year at our condo......some of the owners were seriously in arrears of their condo fees so they were notified their names would be posted on the gates and on the side of the cerrano's house......
Next day all dues were paid in full!!;):bunny:

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
We have been promised that the road grading will start Monday. At that time, all residents of Windsor Heights will pay, immediately, so it has been stated. If you are in a particular development, get your neighbors together and do your part!

There are still a few doubting thomas's but there is still time to collect the rest of the money. C'mon people, we all use the road, lets all band together! Deadbeats, redeem yourselves! We shouldn't have to name names or resort to drastic measures for this reasonable sum of money. $750 bucks a house guarantees a great, well lighted road for at least the next 10 years! That's $75 a year......shame on anyone who doesn't get their money in, now!

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Just to keep the thread up-to-date the work has now started as promised. The dust was flying everywhere yesterday but last nights' rain has thankfully solved that little inconvenience. So I guess everyone in the whole of La Mulata have now paid? Maybe we need a further update from Campesina?

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Deadbeats, redeem yourselves! We shouldn't have to name names or resort to drastic measures for this reasonable sum of money.

You made me laugh! Send the names of the deadbeats to me. We'll do a funny friday thread on each of them? ;)
Not really Campesina, but that is what came to my screwed up mind.

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
The payments keep trickling in. I would like to see faster participation, but, this is the Dominican Republic and nothing, even expats, moves fast, here. As long as we don't have a dead stop, I will remain patient.

I like the rogues gallery idea, though! I do think most of La Mulata knows who will pay happily and who will have to have a fire started under their a$$ to get them motivated.

flo

Apr 11, 2006
hows that road coming, the work has been stopped a couple of weeks ago, and the last machinery was taken away yesterday, can anyone explain what is going to happen or what is the plan ?

The condition of the road has deteriorated already and is almost back to its old state.

flo

Apr 11, 2006
still no answer to my questions, usually the ones responsible for this road, where really fast to answer any matters concerning the la mulata road on this msg board, now they stay in silence, can we take that as a confirmation that the road work has ended, and people who paid, lost there money invested ?

one more time DR at its best

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
flo, why don't you go and ask he organizers, instead of continuing to make comments here. We would all like to know, but real information is way better than these kinds of comments.

J

John Evans

i beleive work has halted until after the election - please dont spread unconfirmed rumours- we have had quite enough of those thank you very much

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
As I posted on the other thread, the next step is the forresta department needs to cut some trees and haul the debris away. They seem to be waiting for after the elections.

The equipment was moved to Maranatha for some "emergency" (read politically motivated) work and will return after the election as well.

All the money is in the bank that has been collected. It is not being used for anything else, and, can't be without signature of 3 people on a check, one of them being Craig Selig, from the Internationasl School. I know he hasn't signed any checks.

The whole process is taking more time than I expected and I am disappointed, but I still have faith that the road will be completed. This election thing is amazing as to how all agencies of the government just seem to stop working unless what they are doing will garner votes. We all know that not many votes come from La Mulata, so we are at the bottom of the list until the election is over and the dancing in the streets is done.

I hope to have more information by the middle of next week. The wheels of progress turn slowly in this country, but they do turn.

flo

Apr 11, 2006
thanks for the update, and as the situation looked, the garbage was left right at the entrance of la mulata, causing a mayor danger to anyone, entering or leaving the project, it just looked as everyone left in a hurry.

again, thanks for the confirmation, and lets hope everything will work out fine

flo

Apr 11, 2006
im not spreading any rumors, im just telling the facts as they are, and asking the questions that everyone wants to know, im sorry for being too direct and going right to the point, as i see campesina understood properly and got back with an acceptable response, which is what many have been waiting for

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
The latest news is that the contract has finally been agreed upon and signed, in Guido Perdomo's office, by Vladimir, yesterday. I have photos of the glorious event :). We are told they will begin, again, next week. Payments are still coming in, but if you haven't paid, please consider doing so, now. Thank you!