Thinking of Investing in Property in Costambar

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I was told, 5 years ago, that the association fees at Seahorse Ranch went about $700 per month. Included full time everything. I like Costambar, but it's not SHR. (Didn't want to live there too.)

Regards, Ringo

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
A little bit like comparing chalk & cheese - I'm sure that the "Sea Horse Ranch" does very well for the people that can afford it - - I'm not one of them. So just where do you recommend Ringo; if not Costambar?

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Anyway, sort of back to the thread. If there are any good folks of Costambar out there, give us a post & point us in the right direction please and if we require info about other areas we will make a new post.
Ian & Ellie
Blackburn
UK

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
That is my point!
If you are going to pay fees you should know: why, to who, what are the "rules", accountability, what do you get and what recourse does each person have.

I like Costambar. I looked to invest and move there. Just was not for us. Nor was SHR.

As for "where" to invest? Only you can answer that. The treads are filled with advice. Only you can take the time and look at many the many areas, including Costambar, and then ask the questions that concern you.

Wishing you luck, Ringo

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Nice 1 Ringo, you have put your case very succinctly. Hopefully, as the thread develops more people will post and add their views/experiences and build it up into a resource that can be used by anybody; not just us.
Thanks for your input.

Regards
Ian & Ellie
Blackburn
UK

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Lambada How do you get to "The road she is talking about, Cafemba, is the same as the University road I mentioned above & is a different road from the 'bad' road."

thanks Phil

You turn right off the main road at the University into...........Cafemba. :) If you were thinking there is only one road from the main road to Costambar........not so. Go exploring on a nice day & you'll see how many roads lead to Costambar & not just from the main road, either.

And for the people mentioning fees - i think ffritz said 700 pesos not dollars. APC (residents association) as I understand it is meant to cover all properties, Reidy, not 'per complex'.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Lambada, just asking questions. 700 to 900 based on ?? And it is a residents, per house/apt/unit, association within the gate?

Thanks, Ringo

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Thanks Lambada, I was getting confused between the APC charges and the normal monthly fees. We are still waiting to hear about the latter from the present owner before we decide whether to make an offer on a property or not. Cheers for clearing that up.
Ian & Ellie
Blackburn
UK

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
We're just about off to bed for the night; but before we go have to say what a brilliant discussion group this is: looking forward to reading more.
Cheers
Ian & Ellie
Blackburn
UK

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Lambada, just asking questions. 700 to 900 based on ?? And it is a residents, per house/apt/unit, association within the gate?

Thanks, Ringo

Ask ffritz, he was the one posting the info :cheeky:, I was quoting his info. Pop Bad Boy answered your other question, I believe, or if he didn't, he'd be the person to ask. He's been in Costambar a long time so has the benefit of years of experience there. I personally don't live in Costambar, just know folks who do & visit weekly.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Lambada, sorry if I put you on the spot. I know that you do not live in Costambar but, me wrong, you might have some real time information. I don't. I'm going back 12 years and asking some basic questions that might be of value to new people. I don't know!

So maybe a couple to people that LIVE in Costambar can provide some real information.

Respectfully, Ringo

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
No-one is falling out, Reidy, least of all not Ringo & me. You have to be made of tougher stuff than that to survive in the DR.............:cheeky: This is a message board, real DR life is............real DR life. :)

Carry on!

yogibear

Jan 27, 2007
yes it would be nice to hear from some apats living in costambar whats costambar like is it a good place to live how many bars,supermarkets,restaurants,whats it really

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
Morning folks, I was enjoying the delights of Costambar yesterday so missed all the fun by the looks of it!
The APC fees I quoted were for a 1 bed and 2 bed condo payable to APC for trash collection/maintenance of the common areas within the walls.
We have a condo and pay condo fees also for the maintenance of the external areas of our condo complex.

Re. your pm reidy, I'm doing some digging to find out more about the property, I've not forgotten about you.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Excellent ffritz. Kind of you to do some work on Reidy's behalf. :) Sorry to repeat my question but I would like to know if, in your view, new APC is better than the old one - you can answer privately if you don't want to go public :) .