Manoguayabo, tell me what you know!

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Reputation, good or bad, access into town without car, ease to get out without car? Would it be a good place to send a stranger to Santo Domingo for accomodation. Does not want to be central at all, and with ease to get out into the country without fighting city traffic.

Anything at all that isn't on Wiki would be a help, thanks!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
One thing is for sure, you're not going to find many foreigners in the neighborhood.
Would I live there if I had the choice, NO!

Turn left at Carrefour (Duarte) and keep on driving.
OMSA buses run on the 27 de Febrero, I'm sure you can get a publico or cab to connect with that.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
One thing is for sure, you're not going to find many foreigners in the neighborhood.
Would I live there if I had the choice, NO!
QUOTE]

Ok, have I read that differently to how you meant to write it?
Any particular reason why you wouldn't live there, reputation, electricity worse than more central????
I'm feeling negatives from you about sending someone new to the city there for a month or two.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Now I understand how you manage to pay RD$7,000.00 a month for a 3BR apartment in SD.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Had a factory there about 10 yrs ago... it was a good place for a factory.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Get in a car or take a cab there. Then you will know yourself.

Thanks Robert.

If anyone else has any other experience in or around this place feel free to let me know your thoughts and experiences, so far I know;
1.Some famous baseball player was born there and is trying to pump some money into the area. Good thing, I hope.
2.There aren't many foreigners around there. Good thing, keeps prices down.
3.Is on the 27Feb extention road. Good thing. Will be very good for getting in and out of town.

Cheers in advance:squareeye

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Now I understand how you manage to pay RD$7,000.00 a month for a 3BR apartment in SD.

As usual you have lost me, haven't quite got the idea of responding to my threads have you:cheeky: Always seem to manage to answer with something utterly none related.
And no, I don't live over there and so you understand nothing of my rental situation other than what I pay.
It is a good thing though if you know it to be a low rent area, I haven't seen much in or about this place other than what I've mentioned.

genistar

Jul 29, 2009
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
It's a traffic nightmare on Kennedy... so getting out of the city through Autopista Duarte will take time. The area is mostly industrial - there are a lot of dark empty places where one could easily be ambushed day or night. The new buildings north of Kennedy are pretty nice but it's an isolated walk to get there, with no guaguas or publicos to take you directly to them. So your own car or using a taxi all the time is a must. I wouldn't recommend the area. Take Robert's advice... go look for yourself and you'll know what we mean.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
It's a traffic nightmare on Kennedy... so getting out of the city through Autopista Duarte will take time. The area is mostly industrial - there are a lot of dark empty places where one could easily be ambushed day or night. The new buildings north of Kennedy are pretty nice but it's an isolated walk to get there, with no guaguas or publicos to take you directly to them. So your own car or using a taxi all the time is a must. I wouldn't recommend the area. Take Robert's advice... go look for yourself and you'll know what we mean.

You must be talking about another area. there is not place with more Buses, Publicos, motoconchos, voladoras (small buses that fly on the road) and taxis, than Manoguayabo.
Manoguayabo is a big area. there are some good mediun low class neigborhood around that are very quiet and there are others full of colmadones and tigueres. So, it will depend where you are.
I recommend to visit the area by yourself. and look around. it is not danger at all.
I live in Alameda (a middle upper class area) just north to Manoguayabo, so I pass almost everyday for the area.
One good thing is that they dont have much apagones. in Alameda we have real 24 hours elect. (lot of generales live here), I really dont remember last time I have a apagon. just few mins. sometimes for maintenance.
So Manoguayabo benefit from this.
I think the best area for live in manoguayabo is 1 block left of 27 (if you coming from Luperon), and before Ave. Manoguayabo. there you will find some nice mediun class houses. and the area is quiet.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Thanks for all the replies, the property is located directly next to the special operations, if that helps I.D where it is. I'm going to take a ride up there in a few days, but still would like to hear more opinions if people have any.