Police in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

HS10

Feb 17, 2008
The other night, my friend and his (sexy dominican) wife, taking advantage of a rare night when their little girl is sleeping over a friends house, decided to go out for a beer. My buddy was concerned that the police not hassle his wife and urged her to 'dress modestly'.....they ended up going to Bailey's...not because they wanted to go there but so they wouldn't have to deal with the police on Pedro Clisante.
Last night around eight, I went with my girlfriend to get some dinner at Cubano Cafe. The police are standing at all the access streets to Pedro Clisante. They do not have a 'Protect & Serve' attitude/energy. I felt a predatory attitude/energy.
Whatever is happening here in Sosua...It doesn't feel good.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
let's clear up a few things:
first, noone cares whether she's a sexy dominican and the jury is till out on whether she's sexy.
secondly, she dresses like a hooker unless advised by her husband not to ?
thirdly, on to the subject at hand. they didnt hassle you so why worry ?

if police bother you, i should take you on my next trip to columbia or honduras. try flying into Bogota or Tegucigulpa.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Keep harassing tourists in a tourist area and there will be no more tourists.

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
first, noone cares whether she's a sexy dominican and the jury is till out on whether she's sexy.

if police bother you, i should take you on my next trip to columbia or honduras. try flying into Bogota or Tegucigulpa.

What's with the attitude????

SosuaSam

Jan 4, 2010
You know some tourists, new people, may view a police presence as being a positive. What some people might view as being "hassled" other tourist may view it as "hey this area has good security and I feel safer here". Why do many inexperienced tourists stay in all-inclusives and not venture from their well guarded hotel - fear of being hassled by local people. So having police on the street might be viewed as a positive thing by those types of people and help rather than hurt.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You know some tourists, new people, may view a police presence as being a positive. What some people might view as being "hassled" other tourist may view it as "hey this area has good security and I feel safer here". Why do many inexperienced tourists stay in all-inclusives and not venture from their well guarded hotel - fear of being hassled by local people. So having police on the street might be viewed as a positive thing by those types of people and help rather than hurt.

Yes, but are these guys what you would call "real police".

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

I think you are right. Whether or not some people on this board think they are "real police" has nothing to do with it. The presence of fully uniformed police officers, especially since they are not carrying rifles, will be viewed as positive by many tourists.

SosuaSam

Jan 4, 2010
I don't think the security guards at hotels are "real police" either but they still make tourists feel more comfortable. The fact that the uniformed guys are walking around making the locals a bit "nervous" is always comforting to someone who is only visiting town for a week on vacation.

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
The other night, my friend and his (sexy dominican) wife, taking advantage of a rare night when their little girl is sleeping over a friends house, decided to go out for a beer. My buddy was concerned that the police not hassle his wife and urged her to 'dress modestly'.....they ended up going to Bailey's...not because they wanted to go there but so they wouldn't have to deal with the police on Pedro Clisante.
Last night around eight, I went with my girlfriend to get some dinner at Cubano Cafe. The police are standing at all the access streets to Pedro Clisante. They do not have a 'Protect & Serve' attitude/energy. I felt a predatory attitude/energy.
Whatever is happening here in Sosua...It doesn't feel good.

So ... they (your friend and his sexy wife) didn't go to the bars on PC and were "hassled" - they just decided to go straight to Baileys to save them from being hassled - have they been hassled before? Why did they decide to go straight to Baileys? !!
Your went for your dinner at Cafe Cubano (strange - I thought they only served sandwiches not full meals!) and did not get any hassle from the police ... you just felt their negative "vibes".
What exactly is your point or are you just another Sosua basher like a lot of poster seem to be at the moment?
I only ask because I can't quite see the point of your post - unless I am missing the glaringly obvious!
Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

Big Dan

Feb 14, 2009
Politur has been doing this since December, and the "rules", if you want to call them that, were explained to people then, through media and in person as people were arrested.

It's quite simple really. If you are known in the PC hot zone to be someone plying a certain trade, the odds are that you will go to jail if you go there alone. If you travel in a group of two or more chances are good that you will be left alone. If you are hanging around on the street, man or woman, you will very likely be questioned if you don't look like a tourist.

If a woman latches on to a gringo's arm to move around the hot zone who didn't leave an establishment with said gringo, there is not necessarily a reprieve by Politur. If they ask if you know each other's name, and you don't, the odds are that the woman will go to jail.

If Politur sees a couple they don't recognize, or a couple that they recognize as a genuine couple, there is nothing more than a hard look as you walk or drive by. Sosua isn't that large of a place, and the same chica and hustler faces are there every night. Those are the people who should be worried.

I think that the disco isn't safe for anyone after the raid from a couple of weeks ago. When it is raided again I imagine everyone will go to the pokey again, and everything will be sorted there.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Keep harassing tourists in a tourist area and there will be no more tourists.
Tourist???? What's a tourist. There all gone. I would much rather they get rid of the motopests. (Moto Conchos) Now that's a presence everyone could do without. Talk about a bunch of lowlife bottom feeders.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Angry?

What is the source of all the anger in your posts?

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
Tourist???? What's a tourist. There all gone. I would much rather they get rid of the motopests. (Moto Conchos) Now that's a presence everyone could do without. Talk about a bunch of lowlife bottom feeders.

Ed, what the hell is a moto pest ? lol

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Ya know.... I'm getting tired of all this....

Sosua must really stink to have all these threads going..... time will tell.... but it ain't good, looking ahead...IMO

Another thing.... why is always the guys ???

One of the most disgusting sights I have ever seen - and thats going some !!.... was in Rio San Juan

A Saturday morning about 10am..... I'm at Sr Fermin's loading up on what i need for the weekend.

Outside, in the parking lot are 4 (count'em) 4 women....
Pleasantly plump, make-up, fluffy full blown shifts or dresses.... clearly foreign and newly arrived (untanned)
Only one of them could you 'drink to pretty'..... Queens of the "Ugly Bug Ball"

At this time of day, they have beers swinging from their hands and are negotiating with the MotoConcho boys...
For a different kind of ride ......

The women can be no different than the men...... it was hard to watch ...... yuk!!

It is what it is.......

I told my 15 yr old puta not to watch and went home......

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Gross!!
People seem to think that their physical attractiveness or sexual prowess somehow changes when they land in another country

SHALENA

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Gross!!
People seem to think that their physical attractiveness or sexual prowess somehow changes when they land in another country

SHALENA

No, it doesn't work by thinking about it but what is sure is that you look at yourself when moving to a hot(ter) climate and do something to look more attractive in a different kind of way then when in your home country and the sexual prowess...well, hot climat, vibrant relationship...can't do anything but good for that one...I just know ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.