Great Fashion Show In Cabarete Today !

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I am sitting on the beach today and all of a sudden about 15 attractive young ladies that speak perfect english come to party at Jose O'shays.

It started to rain and then they came inside and and then their boyfriends joined them.

An American song came on and all of the girls started singing the song word for word in English and 5 minutes later everyone was speaking in spanish

The Boys were wearing Ralph Lauren and Perry Ellis underwear as they made sure you could see the label but the girls had everything.

Designer swim suits with matching everything including " wear around the neck beach proof zip lock protection for their Iphones!

Apparently the British University had a holiday today in Santo Domingo and all of the rich kids came to party on the north shore.

The funny thing is they came to Jose Oshay's which most of the DR1's don't like.

When the rain started the managers unrolled the protective awnings so all of us patrons would not get wet and one was going slow because of the salt and the manager said he needs to replace the 4 awnings and I said that is probabally going to cost you $3k US but he said it will cost $4k US.

They have a giant inflateable turkey on the beach and his head was leaning over like he was asleep but a shoe shine boy solved the problem buy putting a rope around the neck and anchoring in the sand like a tent peg.

Some people do not realize what it cost's to run a business

So at the end of the day....If Jose Oshay's Happy hour Is good if enough for the Dominicans it's good enough 4 me

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Mike - it is a pity they did not put it in th Calender set up by Hlywud - then more of us could have enjoyed it!

Olly

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
How does that statement make it into this drama?

IT comes from all of the negative posts from people that do not see or appreciate the value of an American style Sports Bar that offers all the bells and whistle's offered by a successful restauranteer!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
How does that statement make it into this drama?

To be more specific, everyone complains about their prices and I am finished with this because if you can't afford to be here go to....wait a minute I think there is a new Club Med oppening up on the South Pole and I here it's alot warmer than North Pole.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
To be more specific, everyone complains about their prices and I am finished with this because if you can't afford to be here go to....wait a minute I think there is a new Club Med oppening up on the South Pole and I here it's alot warmer than North Pole.

Interesting Mr Mike, I spoke with a very dear friend of mine 'very' recently who tells me you're not so 'suave' on knowing how to run a business smoothly yourself, 'specifically?' ------ I am not that cruel dear sir!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Interesting Mr Mike, I spoke with a very dear friend of mine 'very' recently who tells me you're not so 'suave' on knowing how to run a business smoothly yourself, 'specifically?' ------ I am not that cruel dear sir!

You are correct sir as you have to be careful who you hire as employees !

Don't shoot the messenger for trying to point out that Jose's is not such a bad deal....if i go there every week they must be doing something right.

I have come to the final conclusion that most posters on this board are a bunch of grumpy old men and woman and the concesus is in and if i ever post again I will come back as.

As profiled in the "ROBB REPORT", The World's most Expensive Socks cost $400.00 USD. Manufactured in England by Moxon Huddersfield, they are 100% Cashmere, and yes, are a rarified luxury item.

Read more: What is the most expensive pair of socks

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
Apparently someone is intent on dissolving all the good will that was starting to develop. With friends like this who needs enemies.

Sorry Frank. I'm out.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
That is what happens when people live in such small environments, everyone knows each other, and things inevitably get played out, in public, online, or whatever.

TStroman3

Sep 11, 2011
I absolutely agree with Tomas2..... WOW is all I can say, are such nasty remarks really necessary? Unbelieveable- count me out too.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
That is what happens when people live in such small environments, everyone knows each other, and things inevitably get played out, in public, online, or whatever.

Exactley, and now that I know that you are talking about someone who was looking for a job from home but did not have a home or a phone when I was looking to Hire someone that had a home and phone his name must be Bozo!

I responded twice to your PM's and explained this at legth so you must be Bozo's Sister.

Stop with the nonsense...

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I was about to write an apology about my thoughts and my reactions to your business manner had I had time to get back from the outhouse. Now if I may................
I apologize for romping on you for your business manner with a guy who I feel a dear friend of mine.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I was about to write an apology about my thoughts and my reactions to your business manner had I had time to get back from the outhouse. Now if I may................
I apologize for romping on you for your business manner with a guy who I feel a dear friend of mine.

Thanks and with all due respect now that hurricane has ended, let me ad that although I did not have work for Martin I sent him the job offer that is offered on thje DR! which pays $8 per hour which I would have paid him if he was available.

Martin said company I recommended would not hire him.

I am sure there are some call centers in Santo Domingo that will hire him but what I cannot understand is how this guy needs 4 months to get a place to live that has a phone so he makes calls.

Give a dog a bone yes but,,,,

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Musta been happy hour when this thread started. So a buncha snotty Dom kids come into O'Shays. Did they get lemon wedges with their shrimp cocktail?

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
I am sitting on the beach today and all of a sudden about 15 attractive young ladies that speak perfect english come to party at Jose O'shays.

It started to rain and then they came inside and and then their boyfriends joined them.

An American song came on and all of the girls started singing the song word for word in English and 5 minutes later everyone was speaking in spanish

The Boys were wearing Ralph Lauren and Perry Ellis underwear as they made sure you could see the label but the girls had everything.

Designer swim suits with matching everything including " wear around the neck beach proof zip lock protection for their Iphones!

Apparently the British University had a holiday today in Santo Domingo and all of the rich kids came to party on the north shore.

The funny thing is they came to Jose Oshay's which most of the DR1's don't like.

When the rain started the managers unrolled the protective awnings so all of us patrons would not get wet and one was going slow because of the salt and the manager said he needs to replace the 4 awnings and I said that is probabally going to cost you $3k US but he said it will cost $4k US.

They have a giant inflateable turkey on the beach and his head was leaning over like he was asleep but a shoe shine boy solved the problem buy putting a rope around the neck and anchoring in the sand like a tent peg.

Some people do not realize what it cost's to run a business

So at the end of the day....If Jose Oshay's Happy hour Is good if enough for the Dominicans it's good enough 4 me

Jose Oshay's and Nikki beach are the 2 favorites places for Dominicans tourists in Cabarete. I personally like this bar for the great sevice they offer. I dont know the manager name, he doesnt know me as well, but anytime I had been there He is always helpful if I am getting good care or if the food was good. One day I was there, almost any screen were showing American football (I prefer baseball), I asked to the bartender if he can show a baseball game in one of the tvs. the manager who was about 4 or 5 meters from me, heard it and inmediately he took care of this. and in a minute I got 2 screens with baseball in front of me. This is great service and its can make the difference between business that offer same thing.
Food and drinks for a Sport bar are good as well.
I dont find the prices high because I come from Santo Domingo where prices are higher.
Anyway, Dominicans appreciate good service and We pay for that.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Jose Oshay's and Nikki beach are the 2 favorites places for Dominicans tourists in Cabarete. I personally like this bar for the great sevice they offer. I dont know the manager name, he doesnt know me as well, but anytime I had been there He is always helpful if I am getting good care or if the food was good. One day I was there, almost any screen were showing American football (I prefer baseball), I asked to the bartender if he can show a baseball game in one of the tvs. the manager who was about 4 or 5 meters from me, heard it and inmediately he took care of this. and in a minute I got 2 screens with baseball in front of me. This is great service and its can make the difference between business that offer same thing.
Food and drinks for a Sport bar are good as well.
I dont find the prices high because I come from Santo Domingo where prices are higher.
Anyway, Dominicans appreciate good service and We pay for that.

Hi Johnny,

This is what this post is all about !

Thanks and enough said !

Mucho Gracias Amigo !