Black and Latino

Status
Not open for further replies.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
As I said... stupid and old joke.

But sadly this is what happens in the real world as well. I am not relating this to AA's, as I am not familiar enough with their circumstances, but I will relate it for example to the Morrocans in Belgium. A minority of the Morrocans feels they are neglected, abused, and mistreated. And they make a lot of noise. The facts are that the majority of Morrocans are very happy, as they have their say by elected Morrocans in local governments, and even national governments. And live happily amongst their Belgian neighbors. The minority causes discontent, and invite racism...

Every rule have an exception:

A black got a flat tire just in front of my house about a year ago, he had a jack but his problem was a lug nut stuck and he couldn't get it out. I was watching him trying to get it out through the window and after 20 minutes I realized he won't get it, I went out taking with me a 3/4' breaker bar the right socket plus a long piece of pipe....

Piece of cake for me, 5 seconds took me to get it out.

I don't see race when some one is in need!

JJ

gringostudent

Jun 20, 2005
Major I dont know you, but Im pretty sure I can run faster than you. And lift, and swim, and surf, and box, and pretty much any other athletic pursuit. Pretty juvenile. I read everything else you wrote as well.

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
Let me ask two question?

1. Could inner cities Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, AA, Mexicans grow up to be great golfers?

YES. Attitude and desire are important to any success ... along with supportive parents (and not necessarily money).

There was even a time when your question could have been raised about tennis

Arthur Ashe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Althea Gibson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. Could a person become President that attended a city college?

YES. Foe similar reasons.

List of Presidents of the United States by education - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Two AA won gold TWO!!!

And as long as blacks stay away from the water, that's all that will ever be.

Take friendly game of baseball for years whites felt superior in baseball and NEVER wanted to see black or brown faces on any field because they KNEW these guys were much better at playing a game they thought they dominated.

Now BASEBALL, BASKETBALL, FOOTBALL are sports with a very even playing if your good your GOOD period. Dominicans and Cubans are GREAT in baseball because it is a FAIR sport for anyone with two legs and two arms.

So we should dominate a sport and never lose. We are invincible.

US Basketball loss hits a grim reality. ? Negative99

Unlike:
a. Golf
b.Hockey
c.Polo
d. Lacrosse

Where your families INCOME has a great deal of the outcome of your success. Blacks are not great swimmers because we have NO PLACE to train.

Correction ... Blacks in the US don't train. And I will agree that it's for various different reasons. That may be different in the future with Blacks outside the US, who are not so "limited".

In terms of income ... not so true. I know wealthy families who have "failures" for kids. My parents were poor. I grew up in Newark, NJ. Without going into details, let's just say that I have had "some" success. Amazing what one can do when one does not put limits on oneself.

Now for presidency statment now you seem to have a lot info. on different topics regarding this thread. Tell how many of the past and presidents attended an IVY LEAGUE school?

Already did ... above. And, it is in the history books.

Understand me if you will, YOUR kids have NO SHOT at becoming president unless they attended Harvard, Yale, Brown or Cornell this I can promise.

I don't believe that's true ... even though I do have a son in law school at one of the schools on YOUR list. And that is not even what I consider his BEST accomplishments. But he has NO interest in politics. (Good for him!). And he did it himself, with my "non-financial" support and advice. Glad he doesn't limit himself.

Is that understood???

BTW: Before you post a youtube video I know about the all Black Polo Team that won. Also the statement about my kids what was that all about? I always wonder about parents who say my kids will end up just fine, are you convincing yourself or to you need postive reinforcement. OK your kids will be the next Tiger Woods and President Obama hope this helps.

No need for my comments, or your wonder. But, I do sometimes wonder why I marched and fought back back in August, 1963.

Jusy my $.02.

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
Major I dont know you, but Im pretty sure I can run faster than you. And lift, and swim, and surf, and box, and pretty much any other athletic pursuit. Pretty juvenile. I read everything else you wrote as well.

And I am pretty sure that it doesn't matter to me if you can. At my age, I would consider THOSE activities to be the realm of the more "juvenile".

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
Then why the hell did YOU ask me on page 15?

Because I am trying to get YOU to see that WE are about MORE than running, jumping, fighting, rapping ....

It WAS NOT a challenge to YOU. In a prior life I was combat military (USMC) among other things. I know what I was capable of doing. But that was not ALL that I was capable of doing.

I just want you to open your mind to ALL of the possibilities out there. Stop letting people say we are some well bred physical animal. And stop repeating it.

That's all it was about.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Jessie Jackson once said,that if he,the Pope,and Billy Grahm were out in a boat,and lost their oars,and he walked on the water to shore to get help,the next day the newspaper headline would be;
"Jessie Jackson,Can't Swim"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
By the way,this thread $UCKS!
Never read so many ignorant posts in one DR1 thread in over ten years!

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
Jessie Jackson once said,that if he,the Pope,and Billy Grahm were out in a boat,and lost their oars,and he walked on the water to shore to get help,the next day the newspaper headline would be;
"Jessie Jackson,Can't Swim"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
By the way,this thread $UCKS!
Never read so many ignorant posts in one DR1 thread in over ten years!

Though ya gotta admit that some find it "entertaining". It has less than a third of the "replies", but almost as many "views" (over 5000) as that Religion thread over on the off-topic board. :laugh:

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I understand what you are trying to say, but let say this about "Black and Latino" I have almost 35yrs on this planet and have exprienced judgements from everyone whites, blacks, mexicans, puerto ricans, dominicans everyone had something negative to say at one time. In this world of GREED and HATE I understand people can help it. I have daughter who is part mexican, and her uncle made a joke" YOUR OUT" I said what are you talking about " your black and PRican which is two strikes, and now you married a Dominican strike three" all did was smile and say funny. I could have grab him by the throat as he took his final breath, and asked him" HOW MANY STRIKES I have? What would have been the point 100 more people would have taken his place.

I read all the time on DR1 how people are so happy they speak spanish, but have you ever ran across people who did not want to speak spanish because so many people looked down on them. Plenty of times I could have helped a latino who did not speak english, but I didn't want people to know I spoke spanish when my mother moved us out of Humboldt PK. Sitting in a all white school in a all white surburb(Elmhurst IL) speaking Spanish was not a good thing. In Spanish 101 I sat in that class pretending I didn't speak a world of Spanish how sad was that. All of my friends had cleaning people and once my buddy ask" you speak a little MEXICAN right your taking the class" he needed to tell the cleaning lady not clean the office. That was a really bad time for me totally dismissing my Puerto Rican side.

Now since I have been there my 8yr old princess NEVER will go through that. All her classmates see her Mexican mother, as well as her CHOCOLATE father. Also her friends tell her how cool her dad is. That is one good thing about being 35 and having a 8yr old daughter. Her teacher asked her one day what does you family do for a living because of my 2010 Cadillac Escalade Pearl White and her mother in a Yellow 2011 Chevy Camaro SS, grandmother my mom in a 2011 XJ Jaguar and both her mom and her grandmother are nurses, also my sister pick her up when a event is planned or she just want to spend time with her in a Range Rover Sport. In her teachers eyes a family with blacks and Mexican have way too many fancy cars something isn't right,so in that all white Catholic school my daughter NEVER have to feel ashamed of who she is. No Kia Sportage or Toyota RAV 4 here baby.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I understand what you are trying to say, but let say this about "Black and Latino" I have almost 35yrs on this planet and have exprienced judgements from everyone whites, blacks, mexicans, puerto ricans, dominicans everyone had something negative to say at one time. In this world of GREED and HATE I understand people can help it. I have daughter who is part mexican, and her uncle made a joke" YOUR OUT" I said what are you talking about " your black and PRican which is two strikes, and now you married a Dominican strike three" all did was smile and say funny. I could have grab him by the throat as he took his final breath, and asked him" HOW MANY STRIKES I have? What would have been the point 100 more people would have taken his place.

I read all the time on DR1 how people are so happy they speak spanish, but have you ever ran across people who did not want to speak spanish because so many people looked down on them. Plenty of times I could have helped a latino who did not speak english, but I didn't want people to know I spoke spanish when my mother moved us out of Humboldt PK. Sitting in a all white school in a all white surburb(Elmhurst IL) speaking Spanish was not a good thing. In Spanish 101 I sat in that class pretending I didn't speak a world of Spanish how sad was that. All of my friends had cleaning people and once my buddy ask" you speak a little MEXICAN right your taking the class" he needed to tell the cleaning lady not clean the office. That was a really bad time for me totally dismissing my Puerto Rican side.

Now since I have been there my 8yr old princess NEVER will go through that. All her classmates see her Mexican mother, as well as her CHOCOLATE father. Also her friends tell her how cool her dad is. That is one good thing about being 35 and having a 8yr old daughter. Her teacher asked her one day what does you family do for a living because of my 2010 Cadillac Escalade Pearl White and her mother in a Yellow 2011 Chevy Camaro SS, grandmother my mom in a 2011 XJ Jaguar and both her mom and her grandmother are nurses, also my sister pick her up when a event is planned or she just want to spend time with her in a Range Rover Sport. In her teachers eyes a family with blacks and Mexican have way too many fancy cars something isn't right,so in that all white Catholic school my daughter NEVER have to feel ashamed of who she is. No Kia Sportage or Toyota RAV 4 here baby.

You make some good points.

Even I as a North American have experienced apparent disdain from others when speaking Spanish outside of Florida and now am hesitant to do it.

I also have many childhood friends on Facebook, some of who no doubt have defriended me because I often post in Spanish. I often see their posts concerning support for this new immigration laws and I am saddened that the immigrants are to blame for what ails us currently. The sad reality is that the immigrants aren't the problem, it is our politicians self interest, regardless of party, and America's deeply embedded, Hollywood approved drug problem. If our politicians hadn't destroyed our economy there would still be jobs and if we weren't consuming so many trillions of drugs every year we wouldn't be attracting the worst of the worst to our southern border.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I just have to.

It is a bit unfortunate when posters lash out at others with name calling. And with the vile suggestion that I should have been or was a suitable candidate for abortion; yes these are primitive reactions that should disgust all who read, but if the shoe fits ?

The term Racist is also vile and I take great offense that it is so haphazardly used without discretion.

So I bashed Africa; is it beyond reprise? Does bashing Africa make me a Racist? I think it makes me a Critic. People bash North America all the time. What does that make them?

In my post I was trying to widen the discussion by asking the OP, in my own way, what exactly it is about Africa that makes it a beacon of pride, and added my PERSONAL observations and opinions. Why this push for African Pride and embrace? What is there be proud of? ? Fast sprinters as Chip suggests ? well okay, but what else?

Is it possible to have this discussion without tempers flaring? It is for me. E Tu?

I am not speaking as a bigot but as a person with ?boots on the ground? experience. Most of Africa is in a failing sorry state. That is not a racist view; the UN and NGO?s have the same opinion but word their comments differently.

African Idia, forgive me for implying that you are arrogant, but your very thought that everything you find offensive should be deleted leaves me little choice. It is you that always takes these discussions personally.

This thread was not about racism, it was about African pride and embrace. Can we return to that?

I suggest you use the IGNORE function so that your sorry racist ass won't be subjected to my primitive arrogant reactions.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
A minority of the Morrocans feels they are neglected, abused, and mistreated. And they make a lot of noise. The facts are that the majority of Morrocans are very happy, as they have their say by elected Morrocans in local governments, and even national governments. And live happily amongst their Belgian neighbors. The minority causes discontent, and invite racism...

In Germany, this is the case with people from Turkey.

In France, and pls correct me if I am wrong, this is the case with people from Algeria.

This minority are the cause for a lot of discontentment, and the cause of a lot of hatred by less educated people towards all of their nationals or race. This is the reason why extreme right-wing parties are getting so strong in those countries.

I am not a racist... As I said I will judge the content, and not the cover.

But that is what I meant by some people inviting racism...

BelgianK

I don't understand that logic. A minority causes other to condemn an entire group. This is exactly how Racism starts.

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010

I say what I say simply because I do want the best for you, and your family. It is not a criticism of you, or an attack. And I don't suggest you try to live as I have lived. Just some of my observations and opinions on what I think might help make life a little bit better. You are, as always, free to do as you choose, and to find your own way.

Never let anyone diminish or discount your heritage. If you think you have it bad, talk to those my age (63-64). They will say it was much worse, and I will confirm that it was. It is our job to at least try to make it a little better for our children. Sometimes, though, the solution is not necessarily what you may think. But, YOU must find your own path ....

For some time, I have recognized the value of knowing Spanish, and have made sure that some family members not only study ... but converse in it. You may be surprised at how well that has worked out for them. I suspect you will see more of that in the future.

I think we are aware that you are a loving/protective dad. I will not give you any unsolicited advice on that one. I raised sons, which may be different (although I have 3 granddaughters - 2 slightly older than your daughter.) :laugh:

Just my observations .... and ... best of luck with it!

:cool:

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
I don't understand that logic. A minority causes other to condemn an entire group. This is exactly how Racism starts.

That is one of the main reasons why some are so terrified of suddenly becoming the minority ... and losing majority in their home country.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
JMB.your huge "CHIP" is showing,and I don't mean "Chippy" from Santiago!
You have yet again taken bandwidth to list all the expensive cars that you,and your family have financed.We Know,We Know!
You need to realize that the "Mark-Of-A-MAn",is not measured by his material possesions.
(Not withstanding,that in "cyberspace",every one drives the car of their dreams!)
Hey,you made it out of the "projects",it,s time to leave that "Ghetto",My Car Is Bigger Than Yours"! mentality behind!
We have also heard that everyone in your family is a NURSE,Great,but what about you?
Are you a Stay-At-Home-Mister Mom"?
Cris Colon
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Major,the number of posts is great,but to many "PC"ers falling over each other to let us know that,"Some of my best friends are Black",you know what THAT means!
Where do you live,we need to have a drink someday.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
JMB.your huge "CHIP" is showing,and I don't mean "Chippy" from Santiago!
You have yet again taken bandwidth to list all the expensive cars that you,and your family have financed.We Know,We Know!
You need to realize that the "Mark-Of-A-MAn",is not measured by his material possesions.
(Not withstanding,that in "cyberspace",every one drives the car of their dreams!)
Hey,you made it out of the "projects",it,s time to leave that "Ghetto",My Car Is Bigger Than Yours"! mentality behind!
We have also heard that everyone in your family is a NURSE,Great,but what about you?
Are you a Stay-At-Home-Mister Mom"?
Cris Colon
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Major,the number of posts is great,but to many "PC"ers falling over each other to let us know that,"Some of my best friends are Black",you know what THAT means!
Where do you live,we need to have a drink someday.
I was making a point that when I attended a all white school an a upper class area I felt a little intimidated in a high school where 80% of the student body was from weathly parents. I have no problem telling you everyday after school when basketball season was over or hadn't begun I waited a hour after school in the library do you want to know why? because I had to take the BUS!!! to and from school. Once a friend of mine big brother was leaving after lunch period, and I did not have enough money for the bus. I asked for ONE dollar and he gave me 20 dollars because he had not change. This is the type of school I went to. Yes I waited a hour or 90 min. after school because I did not want anyone to see me at the bus stop.

CC you have know nothing about me. Do you think CC is the only one on DR1 with MONEY? You live in Arroyo Hondo, I live downtown Chicago, you have a maid, I have a cleaning service that comes Monday and Friday, you are in your 60's, I am in my 30's, you like the heat and humidity, I like the cold, what do some of this tell you we are two different people.

As for the CARS they are very important in the eyes of the world. Let me tell you why when her teachers, classmates, parents of her classmates see my girl entering and exiting that OVERPRICED school one thing will NOT enter their mind. A black and mexican girl only attending this school is because she is on some MINORITY program otherwise her parents could not afford to send her here, so we leave them wondering " maybe her parents are in illegal activities"

The car of my DREAMS are you kidding me you have been in SD way TOO LONG everybody in Chicago drives a Escalade there are MILLIONS of them on the street. When I have enough money one day and I send you a picture of my Porsche Panamera 4 then you can say I have my dream car,but a Escalade COME ON!!!!!

Last edited:

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Oh I forgot you asked what was my occupation. Do you know when you go to fast food joint and you have to use the bathroom and sometimes it is very CLEAN and you say to yourself WOW this bathroom is clean. I am the one who keeps it clean. Is that what you needed to read.

CC I have met thousands of people like you. You are a caucasian male in the world you TRUMP a "BLACK and LATINO without ever opening your mouth ESPECIALLY in the Dominican Republic.

I saw a woman once go through the samething I did at the airport. I have United Airlines awards program which allows me access to all United Clubs. One time I was in the UC in SDQ and I showed one person my pass and another person felt something was not right because a person with DARK skin should not have access to a airport club , so he came up to me and said this for "MEMBERS ONLY" Do you think they would have ever come up to you CC and told you the samething?

I have MONEY just like you, I have a nice home just like you, what I don't have is your skin color and for that in the eyes of the world you TRUMP ME ALL DAY TWICE ON SUNDAY!!!

Last edited:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Oh I forgot you asked what was my occupation. Do you know when you go to fast food joint and you have to use the bathroom and sometimes it is very CLEAN and you say to yourself WOW this bathroom is clean. I am the one who keeps it clean. Is that what you needed to read.

CC I have met thousands of people like you. You are a caucasian male in the world you TRUMP a "BLACK and LATINO without ever opening your mouth ESPECIALLY in the Dominican Republic.

I saw a woman once go through the samething I did at the airport. I have United Airlines awards program which allows me access to all United Clubs. One time I was in the UC in SDQ and I showed one person my pass and another person felt something was not right because a person with DARK skin should not have access to a airport club , so he came up to me and said this for "MEMBERS ONLY" Do you think they would have ever come up to you CC and told you the samething?

I have MONEY just like you, I have a nice home just like you, what I don't have is your skin color and for that in the eyes of the world you TRUMP ME ALL DAY TWICE ON SUNDAY!!!

Relax, the rest of the world isn't like the USA. Do you really think that the staff and her fellow students are going to treat your daughter any different because of what kind of car you drive? I'm sure the staff has more important things on their minds. The only I've got from being white in the DR is over-charged. You certainly are not obligated to state your profession, although I have no problem stating that I'm an Aircraft maintenance Superintendent. I'm quite happy driving my 2007 RAV4.

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
African Aida.

Poor girl. You see racists crouching in every corner and behind every door.

Such a sad way to live. You have my pity.

And such profanity..... tisk tisk tisk. Not very civilized. Try harder.

You are ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.