Black and Latino

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
JMB don't sweat it buddy, you've got more class than CC could hope to ever have.

I know sometimes I think CC gets me confused with some of the people he comes across in SD like I have to bow down so he can give me a job or some day work.

I read sometime Chip how this site gives you a hard time for enjoying your new life in DR. You have a Dominican wife, two beautiful girls( I saw the foto of them on your bike) you live in the DR in a all Dominican barrio, in my book that makes you more Dominican then a Dominican living in NYC who have visited DR twice in their life. I have a friend who is Dominican here in Chicago and he hates DR.

You are HAPPY with your life in DR and when someone is truely happy the WORLD will do everything in its power to make you unhappy. If you enjoy speaking Dominican slang or riding a moto like the locals, who are you HURTING? Also if anyone moves to a new country or city for that matter they will pick up the SLANG of their new environment. You learn this in Sociology 101, and so many people claim the attended college on DR1. Humans ADAPT to their surroundings if Chip lives in Santiago Why would he call:
1. A house a CRIB
2. A car a WHIPP
3. the Police FIVE 0
4. a Gun HEAT

No body what understand him.Lastly Chip the most important thing to remember is your NEIGBORHOOD. BLACKS and LATINOS accept anyone who shows respect to the Barrio. If the people of the your barrio accept you thats all that matter. With us you are defined by your barrio. If a white man moves into a all black area and has a black wife also childrens with her the whole HOOD knows this white guy is cool. Brothas see him on the street and know he is cool because he is from the neighborhood. Same thing goes for DR when Dominicans see Chip" Oh thats CHIP he's cool he's from the neighborhood.

Your neighborhood is your REP!!! and your REP!!! is your neighborhood. So Chip do not let a person from England, Canada, or who was NOT born LATINO or BLACK tell you that you are offending Dominicans because you speak slang or you enjoy riding your moto. If your are offending us we will let you know not some person who have NO IDEA what it means to be Latino or black.

Last edited:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Thx JMB, people treat me good here. It's easy to fit in here too if one treats people well. Look me up when you are in Santiago.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Relax, the rest of the world isn't like the USA. Do you really think that the staff and her fellow students are going to treat your daughter any different because of what kind of car you drive? I'm sure the staff has more important things on their minds. The only I've got from being white in the DR is over-charged. You certainly are not obligated to state your profession, although I have no problem stating that I'm an Aircraft maintenance Superintendent. I'm quite happy driving my 2007 RAV4.

I should have known. Have you ever lived in Chicago? Have you ever been latino? Have you ever been Black? Do you have a child or in your case a grandchild at that school? I do not want my daughter in that STUCK UP school to begin with it. I much rather her go to a school with more blacks and latinos.

I know your type BILLY BOB if I wrote I drove a 1995 Grand Prix with DUCK TAPE on the door and her friends made fun of her you would say" she should just ignore them". Ok tell me why one of her teachers ask what does her FAMILY do for a living not father or mother, but family do? I know for a fact she never ask any of the whites kids that same question. The worst thing in the world is when white person tells a person of color they can not spot RACSIM.

Once my mother was giving me a ride to the airport on my way to DR. She lives in the south surburb so on the way to Midway airport you have to pass through Oak Lawn IL. My flight was at 5:30 A.M. so I had to arrive at around 4:30 a.m. as we drove down the street no one was on the street at that time of morning NADIE!!! I saw the police car coming toward us and I knew KNEW he was going to make a U turn a get up behind us. Five seconds later here comes his flashing lights. Two black people my mother wearing a scarf on her head because it was so early in the morning. Why would a WHITE police officer not stop two black people in a car that cost more then he and his wife makes in a year. Do you know what his reason was for stopping us" Miss you didn't keep your signal on long enough when you changed lanes" with a big 0 of cars on the road.

Let me tell you why that PUNK ASS COP pulled us over. He knew that we were BETTER then he and his family so the only thing that will make him sleep at night is pulling over to black people in a Jaguar. Spend 1 week in my skin BOB then come and talk to me MAYBE I will listen.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
You Dude, have a massive inferiority complex. Thankfully I don't live in Chicago, although one of my neices went to college there, and enjoyed the city. You make a lot of assumptions about people. I'm colour blind, you obviously are not. You are correct I'm not Black or Latino, but I'm married to a Dominicana who is both. I wish I would have met her in my 20's so we could have had a bunch of Bambinos.

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
.... Major,the number of posts is great,but to many "PC"ers falling over each other to let us know that,"Some of my best friends are Black",you know what THAT means!
Where do you live,we need to have a drink someday.

We will definitely do that! I am in central-Florida for now. Hope to get there to the DR later this year. Will let you know.

I do find it "revealing" how someone who is so proudly "pro American", and against anyone else American who would also associate ("with pride?") with other lands and cultures, can openly admit to HIDING his American heritage when traveling in certain other countries. I guess the right to freely associate is reserved by the few. Maybe I should take the "Major" off my passport, and work on a Canadian accent. Just ONE of those things that make you wonder .....

Yep CC ... we do have an interesting group here .... a real mix of humanity.:laugh:

Last edited:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Us Canadians don't have accents...eh. One time quite a few years ago I was in the Pearl Harbour Navy Exchange with a group of fellow Canadian Air Force guys sans uniform. All the guys were asked for their Military ID when they purchased stuff, except me. I guess after being in Barbers Point for several weeks I had developed the American Military Accent ( there is one). LOL
I also bought a scuba tank and regulator for a friend, something you are required to have a scuba license to be able to buy. I had his license, but was never asked. I have been mistaken for an American many times, usually people thinking I'm from California.
I think that being in the Military you are exposed to people from every walk of life and are forced to work as a team. You quickly learn that the measure of a man ( or woman) is not based on their ethnic background.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I do find it "revealing" how someone who is so proudly "pro American", and against anyone else American who would also associate ("with pride?") with other lands and cultures, can openly admit to HIDING his American heritage when traveling in certain other countries.
I agree, I've never understood.

I'm not sure I'd travel to a country-by choice-that was openly hostile to my country.

I'd also make it a point to show that my countrymen aren't all what those folks "thought..."

The Ugly American is a tiny minority.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
You Dude, have a massive inferiority complex. Thankfully I don't live in Chicago, although one of my neices went to college there, and enjoyed the city. You make a lot of assumptions about people. I'm colour blind, you obviously are not. You are correct I'm not Black or Latino, but I'm married to a Dominicana who is both. I wish I would have met her in my 20's so we could have had a bunch of Bambinos.

I wish you have met her in your 20's also, so she can stand next to you and watched you VOTE, and wave to her as she walked to the BACK of the bus, also watched you have drink of water on a hot day at a WHITE ONLY drinking fountain.

Also you are right about the Military they teach their personal that all people regardless of their race or background they are threated EQUAL. All those books I read and talked to family members and friends that served in the Armed Forces told me " Institutional Racism" is one thing that does not exsit in the Military.

Do I get treated different in corporate america because of my background? without a doubt. Do I let it impede me? not at all.

You stated I have a inferiority complex. Why would have this when so many of my white colleagues wifes are checking me out at every Christmas Party when I show up ALONE, SOLO, CON NADIE, " wow thats a nice suit, your smell nice what is the name of the cologne your wearing, why is a handsome man like you here with no date" these are just a few of the comments I get. So you see Bob its not all bad being a low budget Black and Latino person from the" GHETTO" as CC would say, because I know their WEAKNESS. Now there are a lot of dirty bathrooms I need to clean because they won't clean themselves. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
African Aida.

Poor girl. You see racists crouching in every corner and behind every door.

Such a sad way to live. You have my pity.

And such profanity..... tisk tisk tisk. Not very civilized. Try harder.

You are ignored.

Toober_KKK

You are the Only person on this forum, I have accused of such. I have flagged posts exactly twice, Once was a joke about Black people being thieves posted by YOU which was subsequently deleted, the other one was in this thread.

I admit I am not very civilized with biggots, but if you don't like it, I couldn't care less !!

I am finished entertaining your attacks behind your computer screen, so that you could finally feel like a MAN :p. And, I am going to be nice and wish that someday, someone find a cure against Impotence.

Cheers !

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
JMB773 writes:
I wish you have met her in your 20's also, so she can stand next to you and watched you VOTE, and wave to her as she walked to the BACK of the bus, also watched you have drink of water on a hot day at a WHITE ONLY drinking fountain.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Excuse me, I was in my 20's in the 1980's. We also never had white only drinking fountains, back of the bus, or whites only voting in Canada. Much to our shame we did have no voting for aboriginal Canadians until the 20th century.

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
....I do find it "revealing" .....can openly admit to HIDING his American heritage when traveling in certain other countries.......:

I think this may be pointed at me ... but not sure.

Absolutely, I will tell somebody that I am Canadian when I am in a hostile Country. It has nothing to do with anything other than common sense. Safety first.

I don't consider myself a radical "Pro American"; simply American. All of those prefixes seem to muddy up the water.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago

Absolutely, I will tell somebody that I am Canadian when I am in a hostile Country. It has nothing to do with anything other than common sense. Safety first.

I don't consider myself a radical "Pro American"; simply American. All of those prefixes seem to muddy up the water.

Toober

I'm with you on this one, especially when one goes to an area where Westerners are kidnapped or targeted by extremists(think Africa or the ME). After all, when the US Spec Ops go into a country you don't see them with an American flag anywhere and they do what they can to not stand out.

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010

Just your opinion (muddy the water?). The point being that "everyone" has a right, whether through pride or protection, to define it however they wish. It is not up to us to challenge or question someone's "flag of convenience". And it doesn't make them less of an American.

Speaking of "opinions" ... some of yours could actually be interpreted as "hostile". Particularly if you know anything about history. (And what you may consider to be history, is my life story ...). You may want to tone it down just a bit. Just my opinion.

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
Just my $02, But I think that the issues are not merely as "black or white" as it seems. It could be based on a certain way of thinking, and the values (or lack thereof) associated with that thinking, regardless of race. Those things certainly affect how one views their little piece of the world.

And, as I sit here thinking about power (political, etc) regardless of any party affiliation --- I am reminded of the phrase "Divide, and Conquer!"

Considering what I see happening to our young, and which is affecting us all, I sometimes think that I would love to see the following (although I doubt it would ever happen).

The US should institute a mandatory draft. Maybe call it American Service. It could be for a 2 year period (or 3-4) ...

1 - ALL in a certain age group (male/female, rich/poor, athlete/spectator, mother/father, able/handicapped ...) would have to serve. No exception. No exemption.

Not all of it should be "military" ... it should be one's choice to participate in that area. However, there are plenty of other needs/places where this manpower can be assigned. These would be paid positions (similar to the military). It would free up some jobs that others can take (lower unemployment). And the initial "boot camp" would allow everyone to become "green" for a little while, before returning to their usual color. This could also help "supplement" some of the "parenting" going on out there.

2 - All should receive some sort of non-academic jobs training during service ... skills that could be useful in the future. That way, most everyone should always be able to at least make a living (jobs, businesses), and contribute to society. And, for those that desire it, incentives (financial?) to attend college should also be provided, for after service.

3 - Although I am in favor of legalizing/decriminalizing drugs, there should be mandatory/random drug testing. It should be required that one pass those tests for a certain period of time, before being released from the service obligation. (Maybe even add some time for those periods when the test is failed.)

4 - Finally, it should be Mandatory to pass a basic literacy test, BEFORE one can be released from service (tutoring provided, of course).

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.