New entry procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Nobody ever asked for barcode today in SDQ. We all completed paper forms on the plane. They were most likely thrown in a garbage can along with the other two forms.
You do realize those forms are for collecting data on passenger movements, right?

Reactions: Cabrereña

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Curious about others that you may have noticed that did not have the magic symbol on their phone. Any complications?
They were filling out the old blue form at the same ole table that has been there for 15 years. Remember this was departing.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The requirement for the online form and resulting QR code was supposed to kick in Jan 1. I guess there is a bit of a delay if they are still handing out and accepting paper forms. Some day that will change. When is anybody's guess.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
There was not one solitary agent there that seemed to be concerned or bothered by all these new rules and regs. Personally, I think we on DR1 are overthinking "new rules, laws and regulation." There wasn't one sign at the airport asking that you do this, that or the other thing that I noticed. I saw one large sign that I think was new and that was a sign prohibiting cameras, and photos in the security checkpoint area.

j_d66

Nov 1, 2012
The requirement for the online form and resulting QR code was supposed to kick in Jan 1. I guess there is a bit of a delay if they are still handing out and accepting paper forms. Some day that will change. When is anybody's guess.

You can use either the electronic form or the paper form November 29 through January 31

The electronic form becomes mandatory Feb 1

• E-TICKET: As of November 29, 2020, all foreign and Dominican passengers entering or leaving Dominican Republic must complete the electronic entry and exit form, which combines the Traveler’s Health Affidavit, Customs Declaration and International Embarkation/Disembarkation forms. Between November 29, 2020, and January 31, 2021, Dominican authorities will accept both types of registrations to enter the country: the current one through physical forms, and the new one through the digital system. As of February 1, 2021, the use of digital forms will be mandatory. The form can be accessed through the following link: https://eticket.migracion.gob.do. Passengers will need to fill out a form for arrival and another one for departure and the system will generate two QR codes. Dominican airports have free internet access, so that passengers who did not fill out the form before flying can do so when they arrive in the country. To save time during the arrival procedure, we recommend filling out the form 72 hours before the trip, printing or making a screenshot of the QR code and keeping it on hand until arrival, where it will be scanned by the authorities when passengers go through Customs. The QR code will not be scanned during departure, but it is a confirmation that the form was completed correctly. If passengers need to make any changes to the form, they must fill it out a new form. Currently https://eticket.migracion.gob.do/ is presenting some technical difficulties to complete the forms using Apple devices (smartphones and tablets) and the Safari and Internet Explorer search engines, among others. The authorities are constantly working to improve the system and hope to solve this issue as soon as possible. As of now, we advise passengers who own Apple devices to complete it using a computer and to use another browser, such as Google Chrome. Currently the system works correctly using Android devices. For additional information and to watch an instructional video, please visit: https://viajerodigital.mitur.gob.do/

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
FIRST TIME using the website: https://eticket.migracion.gob.do/

The first time I used it I included my wife. However, when I printed the form, my name was only on the document with the QR code
Went back and did it separately, I made several mistakes and tried to re-enter the application code. That's when I noticed I could not go back to edit. Went back several times and started from scratch.

So now all is fine.

BUT, the DR government has numerous entry and departure information statements. Heck, this is as bad as the blue printed forms like before. Wonder if I'll get nailed on arrival or departure? They have me going and leaving so many times - ha.,ha,ha.

BTW, did anybody indicate on the drop-down options that they were a shoemaker or blacksmith as a profession?

lol - Only in the Dominican Republic

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003

The first time I used it I included my wife. However, when I printed the form, my name was only on the document with the QR code
Went back and did it separately, I made several mistakes and tried to re-enter the application code. That's when I noticed I could not go back to edit. Went back several times and started from scratch.

So now all is fine.

BUT, the DR government has numerous entry and departure information statements. Heck, this is as bad as the blue printed forms like before. Wonder if I'll get nailed on arrival or departure? They have me going and leaving so many times - ha.,ha,ha.

BTW, did anybody indicate on the drop-down options that they were a shoemaker or blacksmith as a profession?

LOL. I'm glad you brought that up! I found CEO. Then I thought about, in this crazy country, they might ask me what biz did I do there, am I registered, do I have a license ?? Regarding your comment: I found when you edit you must not create yet again another account number. Go back to the original account, the first one you opened. Answer the first security question( originally I thought I was opening another account but I was mistaken...it gives you access to edit).

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I can't see them stop handing out forms any time in the near or even distant future. A lot of people here do not use smart phones or computers. They cannot be denied traveling.
Or February 1, which is quite soon in the scheme of things when you have to use the digital version only.

People can certainly be "denied travelling" for lack of compliance.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There was not one solitary agent there that seemed to be concerned or bothered by all these new rules and regs. Personally, I think we on DR1 are overthinking "new rules, laws and regulation." There wasn't one sign at the airport asking that you do this, that or the other thing that I noticed. I saw one large sign that I think was new and that was a sign prohibiting cameras, and photos in the security checkpoint area.
Looks like the "concern" was delayed until February 1 when the digital version is mandatory.

Yes I know that could be delayed, changed, eliminated, bent, spindled or mutilated into something else at any time. This is the DR.

Reactions: drstock

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Or February 1, which is quite soon in the scheme of things when you have to use the digital version only.

How would they deny exiting solely bc of the form? Step by step now, just the facts. There are many seasonded travellers here on board that will despute your" opinions". People need to rely on solid information not "I heard in the grapevine" BS.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013

So now all is fine.

I did notice that they didn't have Retired as a profession. Reminds me of when a friend opened a bank account and the bank staff couldn't find British or UK on their list, so they rang the technical support desk and were told to put Swaziland instead.

• Haha
Reactions: Caonabo

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
How would they deny exiting solely bc of the form? Step by step now, just the facts. There are many seasonded travellers here on board that will despute your" opinions". People need to rely on solid information not "I heard in the grapevine" BS.

Come on now, we all know how Customer Service in Dominican means "how can I find a problem". And if they can find a problem that means you miss your flight, better still. Airlines always oversell flights. A government requirement which people fail to meet means denied boarding, no refund, more cash in the bank for the airline and absolutely no chance of getting your money back.

As an example, Iberia in Santo Domingo insists that you show the physical credit card that you bought the ticket with but bury this requirement in an e-mail full of blah blah blah. My neighbour is a pilot for them and told me that every flight they prevent several people from checking in, no refund, because of this. It's good business, cash in the bank for the airline for not flying you.

If you rock up at the airport without the required QR code, I can imagine that the airlines will prevent you from checking in, keep your money and sell your seat to the next person. Maybe not on Feb 1st but sometime soon.

By the way if I as a Brit want to fly to the US, I need to show my ESTA at the airport before I check in, and on arrival in the US. It's not such a big ask.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

No chance of this happening. You think that the Gov. will deny a tourist from leaving due to not having this form? Absolutely NO chance...............................

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Come on now, we all know how Customer Service in Dominican means "how can I find a problem". And if they can find a problem that means you miss your flight, better still. Airlines always oversell flights. A government requirement which people fail to meet means denied boarding, no refund, more cash in the bank for the airline and absolutely no chance of getting your money back.

As an example, Iberia in Santo Domingo insists that you show the physical credit card that you bought the ticket with but bury this requirement in an e-mail full of blah blah blah. My neighbour is a pilot for them and told me that every flight they prevent several people from checking in, no refund, because of this. It's good business, cash in the bank for the airline for not flying you.

If you rock up at the airport without the required QR code, I can imagine that the airlines will prevent you from checking in, keep your money and sell your seat to the next person. Maybe not on Feb 1st but sometime soon.

By the way if I as a Brit want to fly to the US, I need to show my ESTA at the airport before I check in, and on arrival in the US. It's not such a big ask.
None of what you say will happen in the present day DR. Nothing but unsubstantialting fear mongering. Last week when I exited they were more than ever pleasant, accommodating and helpful. Join the "group of fear" along with the other guy that hasn't left his compound in 9 months but manages to know every regulation that cannot be broken. What BS.

• Haha
Reactions: Caonabo

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No chance of this happening. You think that the Gov. will deny a tourist from leaving due to not having this form? Absolutely NO chance...............................
It doesn't matter what I think. What matters is what will happen come February 1 and onward. Let's revisit this point then.

kts78

Nov 29, 2007
Just entered yesterday with a group- We had to fill out all the normal paperwork, in SDQ they did not even accept or do anything with the QR code. However when we left DC AA was requiring it to print out boarding passes.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Hey, I have only been here for 17 years, what do I know? I post information found in news stories printed in DR newspapers and government web sites. But I guess that is grapevine BS to some.

One hand of the government not knowing what the other is doing is common while both hands make excuses every step of the way while stating one thing and doing another at the end of the day.

Things are changing, and CV19 has been a preoccupation to enabling some changes, aside from a general lack of competence and execution in government as everyone changes jobs after 16 years. Going live with the E-TIcket is just one more example of how things are intended to work versus reality. Maybe by February 1 it will all be worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.