Sosua: Marriott Just Opened a New Luxury Resort in the Dominican Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
My wife and I went to Ocean Club for dinner last night. It was our anniversary, so price wasn't much of an issue. The resort was very busy with families. It was hard to tell if they were light skinned Dominicans or Spaniards. The menu prices are in American dollars and are the same prices as back home. Expensive for Sosua, but normal otherwise. The most expensive plate was a Tomahawk steak at USD$195.00....crazy price even for back home. Pasta and fish plates range from $28-36. Wine starts at $15/glass. Food and service were both excellent. Underground valet parking is also available.
I always object to restaurants here charging in US$. I'm not American so why should I be expected to know about dollar prices? Anyway, at those prices in any currency it would have to be a VERY special occasion to get me there.

Reactions: CristoRey
Aug 21, 2007
My wife and I went to Ocean Club for dinner last night. It was our anniversary, so price wasn't much of an issue. The resort was very busy with families. It was hard to tell if they were light skinned Dominicans or Spaniards. The menu prices are in American dollars and are the same prices as back home. Expensive for Sosua, but normal otherwise. The most expensive plate was a Tomahawk steak at USD$195.00....crazy price even for back home. Pasta and fish plates range from $28-36. Wine starts at $15/glass. Food and service were both excellent. Underground valet parking is also available.

That would make it rank as a restaurant comparable to those in the US that serve the most expensive steaks. I can hardly believe it would compare in quality and taste to the best steak houses in the US. However, some hotshot who likes to throw his money around would order it, I imagine.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/restaurants/photos/most-expensive-steaks-in-the-country

Status
Not open for further replies.